1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Enough~ Ban on Dual Boxing~

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Maya Reinhartz, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

well people will definately show up in here with pitchforks and torches ready...

do i have to explain why i'm making the suggestions?

if i do, quite briefly it's this: "puppet characters shouldn't take places of other people; classes shouldn't lose some of their value because from time to time all of their functionality to a group will be x and that x doesn't require someone actively there to make it happen; the ability to play more than one character at the same time reduces the need to cooperate with other people which a mmo should enforce either cooperation or competition directly through its systems, that's why it's an mmo~ !"

if i don't, i still could write a lot more if someone wishes for an insight.

i know this is not going to be taken seriously as dual boxing has been too firmly marked into the lineage 2 community already... that's it.

MysticLilac likes this.
  2. Alarion

Alarion User

simply sometimes u cant do it in other way in this game. somebody missing from your cp for example, or u want do some instance for 2 parties but u can do it in 1 party. so it is much better to box. sometimes (specialy in old updates) u wanted go farm specific location (mostly on twinks) so u needed box support if u wanted to have profit instead of sharing it for 2-5 ppl and simply waste time. this is how this game working. it is still better than it was in old update:

u wanted make power lvl? so u logged tyr or destro with sws, bd, wc, pp + char who was supposed to be power lvled. now u log some titan or feoh with iss for buffs and u go.

also look on amount twinks u need to have:
    aq 40 lvl
    orfen 60 lvl
    baium 80
    frinteza 85
    lilith 88
    anakim 93

for me it is madness but it is l2 ))

3. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

i understand why it is here.

yes, it makes things easier but you're still cutting actual people from content plus making things that were designed for more people doable with less.

it's stupid.

4. likas

likas User

so if you are writing that:

why do you even bother, to post that "idea" :d?
    dualboxing? meh... l2 was mostly designed for 9-afk-boxing, if you know what i mean.

5. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

it's futile but i had to express my discomfort with the situation.

stating the game was designed for such exploit is the same as saying it was designed for botting and automated scripts.

that's ridiculous!

6. Razzly

Razzly Banned

thank you for your feedback.

i feel sorry if it's unusual for you but in the history of lineage ii, dualboxing is something natural. it cannot be ommited. there is slight limit because you need premium account for it.

besides, it's hard to go to instance with boxes - unless you need to fill the slots <- yes that's also kind of typical in l2.

and unfortunately dualboxing will not be removed.

7. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

i think that if dual boxing was something 'natural' we would have the option to control two characters within one client.

this is simply an exploit that had too many benefits for the community so they massively abused it and the developers never addressed it.

you can still dual box without premium by having more than one pc~ (i would use the term extensively as 'one person in control of two or more characters')

monetizing on it as a 'feature' hurts to see.

oh well, i'm most likely one of the only peeps around that would go with prefer a slower, less efficient way that involved more people than the 'i don't need you for this' efficient way.

regardless, i would like to request for this topic to remain open for discussions on the subject, maybe some interesting ideas for the staff will pop up as the 'issue' is tackled.

thank you.

8. Razzly

Razzly Banned

still i dont see any impact on players with it.
    this is simply done to allow pve players to run a buff bot to get buffed and simply play alone. i don't see any exploit in here.

as i say before - it's not an exploit. server has same features for more than 2 years and suddenly feature becomes exploit?
    no everyone want or like to do things with full party when it can be done in 2, sometimes one cannot find.

regards

9. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

maybe i'm the only one that sees a problem in 'buffs bots' as you put it.

in this specific case i can think about two important things, one renders a feature useless while the other allows you to ignore a fellow player that you should receive benefits for having around but instead it only becomes bothersome;

• renders available iss players unrequired as reward sharing with strangers can be avoided.
    • renders clan hall buffs useless as people, for some godly reason, are not willing to level up unless fully buffed.

nuhnbzhz likes this.
  10. Nyweris

Nyweris User

agree :> dats when bot starts...

11. MonkeyDLufy

MonkeyDLufy User

i buy a laptop for dual box, thx for kill my vmware, np

12. Reckless

Reckless User

well, there is your impact... the game changes from a multi-player game to a single-player game.

outletsiehc likes this.
  13. Razzly

Razzly Banned

since when it's possible to do instances with boxes?

14. Alarion

Alarion User

normal tauti done by {amber} cp in 5 ppl only, beat it )))))

Freezer likes this.
  15. Nyweris

Nyweris User

u forgot to mention boxes :( and 5ppl is normal numbah for it...

16. Alarion

Alarion User

i guess we were 1st cp who started doing it alone, ba! with 5 ppl only. yes, we boxed those 2 missing ppl + 2 extra boxes and were doing it + - 35 min. overall i am pretty happy i am out of those instances, cause sooner or later u gonna realise they dominate now this game to obtain any profit ; /

nuhnbzhz likes this.
  17. stryk

stryk User

wait, what

so if you're waiting 30 minutes for any iss to be available to do anything you should wait another 30 min or even few hours instead of boxing one? if there were enough people playing boxing would be less relevant and you could find your party mates at every hour you would like, also you'd get only the friendlies players ever that wouldnt flame and use bad words ... woah, did i get too far while dreaming?

18. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

the introduction and first statement tackle the issue directly without specifying it to iss enchanters.

that however was tackled at this post.
    i understand the benefits of dual boxing but i can't help but see it as wrong as boting or as using 3rd party programs capable of altering game data; if 'dual boxing' was intended by design we would have something like granado espada. (a dead old mmorpg where you could control 3 characters at the same time in regular mode; 9 in family mode)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  19. Vikea

Vikea User

:d if u cant box, so don't ask other ppl stop it to do and don't be jealous.

if i can find active player to my pt, ofc i prefer him, but if i cant, so np box.
    open pt room and check, half pt lf supports and their lack not because ppl play with boxes, but because just lack of them.

btw our fortress npc is popular, since it gives 2lvl buffs and i read that mental shield 4lvl from npc is better for pvp than iss mental buff :)

and i didn't hear any support qq that he cant find pt, so i don't get point of this topic about nth.

p.s. this topic reminds me how ppl qq about old skills, because when they learned their skills, just took all w/o reading and now ask to remove from all other ppl too "if i cant/dont have, so and other cant" :d :d

R4inm4n, max11 and Undressed like this.
  20. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

if you have nothing to add to the topic please keep yourself from making assumptions at the very least;

not only am i able to dual box i can also leave this computer turned on for as much as i need. what you're doing right now is an 'ad hominem' for no reason other than to ridicule me;

the points stated towards and iss enchanter were on the specific 'buffer bot' case that razzly mentioned, mind you;

requests such as "qq about old skills" have no place in innova's forums, it would be stupid to ask that to a company that is on a contract with the developers rather than the developers themselves.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.