1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

[SOLVED]Crash on Talking Island and Gludio

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by Arcain, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcain

Arcain User

hi,

i'm getting constant crashes while trying to log any of my chars on talking island or gludio:

talking island:
    Code:
    2011.12.20 21:06:21
    cpu : authenticamd  amd phenom(tm) ii x4 20 processor @ 3211 mhz 4095mb ram
    video : ati radeon hd 5800 series (1103)
    poscode : ls9(415) 0:0:0 4/0 [803]

insufficient memory.
    please check the virtual memory option and avilable hard drive space.
    you can check them by going to : control panel->system->advanced->performance->settings->advanced->virtual memory.

history: fmallocwindows::malloc <- 00000000 -132 farray mem=379303926, aligned=383315968 vidresource=51842895 <- fmallocwindows::realloc <- 00000000 -132 farray <- farray::realloc <- -33*4 <- tarray<< <- ustaticmesh::serialize <- loadobject <- (staticmesh field_deco_s.corpse.skeleton02 1277112==1277112/18187349 1240584 452437) <- ulinkerload::preload <- preloadobjects <- uobject::endload <- uobject::staticloadobject <- (engine.level none.mylevel 16_25.unr) <- loadlevel <- ugameengine::loadmap <- mapname=16_25.unr <- localmapurl <- ugameengine::browse <- clienttravel <- ugameengine::tick <- updateworld <- mainloop

rune township:
    Code:

2011.12.20 21:13:31
    cpu : authenticamd  amd phenom(tm) ii x4 20 processor @ 3211 mhz 4095mb ram
    video : ati radeon hd 5800 series (1103)
    poscode : ls9(415) 0:0:0 4/0 [803]

the system file may have been damaged. after ending the game, please check the file using the lineage ii auto update.(bad name index -6894/55)

history: ulinkerload<<fname <- (linkerload transient.linkerload 1781200)) <- fobjectimport<< <- loadimportmap <- ulinkerload::load <- ulinkerload::ulinkerload <- uobject::getpackagelinker <- ulinkerload::verifyimport <- validateimports <- ulinkerload::verify <- ulinkerload::load <- ulinkerload::ulinkerload <- uobject::getpackagelinker <- uobject::staticloadobject <- (engine.level none.mylevel 21_16.unr) <- verifypackages <- ugameengine::loadmap <- mapname=21_16.unr <- localmapurl <- ugameengine::browse <- clienttravel <- ugameengine::tick <- updateworld <- mainloop

deleting 16_25.unr and 21_16.unr from maps/ dir and fixing the game from website doesn't solve the problem. restart to cleanup memory doesn't solve the first issue complaining about not enough memory either. those chars worked fine until today's maintenance. i can still log my main char that's in schuttgart without any errors.

after all i managed to log my chars from talking island by deleteing all field_deco_*.usx (field_deco_s.corpse.usx wasn't enough as it still complained) files from staticmeshes directory and running an update again, but char in rune township still doesn't work, no idea how to solve it either. could you please check that on your side and add some normal updater that will check files that need to be fixed instead of checking only if they exists? it's annoying to search for bad or broken files manually every time you update something on your side.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
  2. occupat

occupat User

i believe this two cases are different. personal myself, i would prefer fix the first one from the very beginning.
    it says: "
    insufficient memory.
    ". so you should chose one of the way to fix it:\
    1) to add more memory (physical, ram) to your computer
    2) extend the size of your virtual memory (aka "page file", aka "swap")
    3) to close and to unload from tray all unused programs before running la2
    4) some other way, for example combined...

for me second way is the worst one because i think that computer can take more time for some operations (for example to load a game)

3. Arcain

Arcain User

no, as the first issue (the one complaining about virtual mem) was solved by deleting files from staticmesh directory and it works. it has nothing to do with virtual memory like the error suggest. everything works fine untill today where i had to delete some other file from staticmeshes to get aden working as well. it might be related to that >2gb patch applied to .exe today, but i'm using both 64 bit os and 8gb on board and never had issues on other servers with that enabled.

update: 21_16.unr is rune. can't log in at all, crashes every time with same error, can't port to rune with different char as well, get an error right after that and char either lands in previous town or stucks there. after copying that map file from na client (differs by few bytes) i'm still getting those crashes. char name that stucked is: aer

4. occupat

occupat User

afaik, 99,9% of client crashes on this server are caused by users (client side of control)...
    because most players do not have your problem allows me to assume that your one is caused either by your deeds (changing, deleting... files etc) or by incompatibility of the game client with some installed hardware\software you have.
    thus try to log in into the game into the "strange" place (rune like you said) from your friend's pc. if he will not face your errors too, then you can start re-install windows on a clean hdd (-partition) then download and full game client and try to log in again...

5. Arcain

Arcain User

that's actually far from being true. everything worked perfectly until yesterday's update. right after that i had to re-download few files from staticmeshes dir to be able to log any char at talking island. during the time before the game worked and an update my pc just left without restart and the only change i made to the game was to run updater on web as it asked me to. trying to fix the game from launcher doesn't solve anything, forcing it to download that map file again doesn't solve the thing, restarting pc doesn't solve a thing (not a surprise), reinstall os or cleaning up ssd is completely pointless as it has no connection to that error. there was no hardware change between the day game worked and the day game stopped working.

i managed to get it working by removing completely staticmeshes directory and re-downloading it again. funny how so many files there got "damaged" out of nowhere and had to be manually found to be able to fix it.

6. occupat

occupat User

that's actually far from being true...

if you can not play using your character from your pc, but you can play using your character from other pc, then try to guess where the problem is :))
    hint: it's in _your_ pc (hardware\software...)!

thus it can be fixed in two ways:
    1) you can wait until innova will change lineage2 game client to make it playable from your pc (lol)
    2) you can try try find out a reason why you have a problem on your pc and fix this reason by yourself... (you can refuse, but it's faster...)

first you have to do is to locate a problem... is it pc-specific... is it character-specific... is it windows-specific and many other ways..

of course, you can just post your error here and wait... :)
    p.s. i doesn't like when you tell that you "have to" re-download some files manually. i believe it's the most probable reason of your problems. explanation is simple: many other players do not do any manual changes in game files and they play game well...

7. Arcain

Arcain User

have you even read what i wrote? i already fixed the problem by deleteing whole staticmeshes dir and downloading it again, using web updater (fix game option). it works now. it's neither my hardware, nor software, nor changes i made to the game since you can't make any changes due to frost and i haven't done any. nothing has changed in os/hardware/game between the day it worked and the day it stopped, not even a single pc restart, nothing from my side. it stopped working after update required after maintenance, it started to work once i manually found the faulty file(s) and forced updater to download it again as it could not detect which one is broken and fix it automatically.

8. Eska

Eska User

closing thread and moving to archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.