1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Experiment 106 [Ertheia] Luck and craft

Discussion in 'Archived experiments' started by Pazak, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Pazak

Pazak Innova Group

[other game mechanics aspects]

we craft all night til' the sun
    we craft all night to get some
    we craft all night for good fun
    we craft all night to get lucky

[​IMG]

purpose: to find out how luc stat affects chances of crafting for various equpment.

character: tyrr maestro lv.99 with all skills learnt and without any buffs or equipment.

during the experiment we shall craft weapons and armor of r99 and s grades with different values of luc stat. we shall try to create 500 of each item from 60% recepies.

the results can be seen in the table below.

[​IMG]

conclusion: the results indicate that increasing luc leads to an increase in chances of crafting. after taking a closer look at the numbers, we can say that 1 luc increases craft chance by 0,1% ~ 0,03%. but in fact this bonus may vary, as 20 luc that we have added on the second step led to ~5% increase in crafting chance, which is less that the increase on the third step, when we have added 145 luc.

Norekien, Elesmira, Darma and 2 others like this.
  2. Lootus

Lootus User

thanks for experiment. here are the base luck stats of different races.

race luc
    human 34
    elf 34
    dark elf 32
    orc 32
    dwarf 35
    kamael 33
    ertheia 34

also - seen that you have a dwarf with craftshop in the picture - i hope you used the dwarf to do the experiments too. in ncwest server some dwarfs advertise their craftshops "+12 luck craftshop" when in fact the dwarf's luck doesnt matter if the dwarf is not the crafter. the lucky "glover" procs on whoever is the crafter.

best
    ssslice

DemiGoth, sjgtyahtyh and Ennigma like this.
  3. Elesmira

Elesmira User

can you make the same thing for spoils?

4. Surprised

Surprised User

i don't have an idea why did you test the 200 luc, while is impossible to reach it.

also do i need to have 55 luc to increase the success rate, or the dwarf (crafter) has to have 55 luc?

5. qqOGC

qqOGC User

maybe someone have a dworf with increased luc and tracking craft rates and want to share their statistics ;] ? and btw on test luck means blessed items only or blessed/double craft ?
    and how much it's possible to increase luc in game, i know 3 x dyes +5 luc = 15luc, and accessory +3, total 18, is it possible to get even more ?

6. MickyMouse

MickyMouse User

accesory +3
    3xdyes +15
    bracelt from warp +5
    talisman - insanity +2

=25

iRekT, kisseta and nuhnbzhz like this.
  7. Rorschak

Rorschak User

is the % chance of enchant with luck added to the actual rate of success or is it the % of the success rate like lucky enchant stones
    meaning:

regular rate of success 60% + 9% or is it 60% + 9%*60%

so 69 % ?? or 60% + 5.4% ??

8. Kengaa

Kengaa User

@ surpised

need full dyes, accessory and bracelet on dwarf.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  9. DemiGoth

DemiGoth User

Dwarfs on Core advertise the same way.. And indeed, the clover pops up on the one EXECUTING the craft and not the CRAFTER (unless he's executing it). That means that a dwarf with a '+20 LUC' tag on shop has the same chance on success s my dwarf (+1 LUC only) if you craft at my shop - not to mention YOU as craft customer can't even check the +20 LUC at all.
    Secondly, with LUC being on the EXECUTING side (as the description says: "Luck gives characters a greater chance for success when crafting, dodging, and even finding loot drops."), it means that for my dwarf I can just focus on STR instead of the overpriced LUC dyes, and that you as craft customer should invest in LUC...

10. SweetThing

SweetThing User

Can you upload the image again?