1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

The way you treat your customers is horrible

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by ithilras, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1tm

1tm User

then why did you accepted agreement? or you didn't read it? this goes for everyone who winning.

Code:
    beta test agreement

this document contains the terms and conditions of the agreement regulating the relations between innova co.s.à .r.l. (innova) and the natural person (the user), regarding user's participating in beta test of the game handling on the free-to-play basis.

"game" means a multi-user online role-playing game lineage 2 that represents an aggregate of software and databases including the game client which shall be its component, copyrights, trademarks and any other intellectual property rights that can be reached via the official website or in game process. "game client", "client" means software necessary for operating the game in order to obtain services of entertaining nature (participation in the game), incorporating printed and/or electronic preparatory materials, manuals, any other similar documents as well as audiovisual displays, including the styling design, sketches, graphics, and soundtracks.

entering into the present agreement, you express your explicit desire to participate in beta test of the game and your consent with its conditions.

in doing so, you are fully aware of the fact, that under this agreement beta test is the testing of the game for the purpose of identifying game errors by granting the user, via the website at lineage2.eu. the possibility to create and manage your own account and to have access to the game and to participate in it, in particular, by way of game client and 4game application. the objectives of beta test are to detect errors, failures and other possible defects in the game and/or game process. the participation in beta test is free of charge.

the user is aware and understands that for having access to the game and to participate in it you have to be a licensed user of the game client and 4game application. it means you are to enter into the license agreement for the game client and the license agreement for the 4game application, that are an integral part hereof (annex 1 and annex 2), by pressing the button as prescribed below . the game client and 4game application are available for downloading via the website at lineage2.eu for free.

thereby, the user confirms his or her awareness and understanding that in the course of the game beta test there may be defects, errors, malfunctioning of the game working, which may result in failures regarding to the game process, and in impossibility to get access to their account, or to the game, or to other opportunities that can be provided by game in the case of its correct working, and innova shall bear no liability for such situations occurring as a result of the game malfunctioning in the process of beta test.

in case the user faces the above-mentioned difficulties, he or she can notify innova via e-mail at the address indicated in the contacts section. as well during beta-test, the user makes available to innova data and information on any errors or failures in the game, their impressions thereof, comments on their interest in the game and other similar information. these data and information may be sent by the user to innova via e-mail at the address indicated in the contacts section. the gathering and processing of this data is the essential condition of the beta test's aims to be achieved.

territory. the beta test of the game is held on the territory of albania, andorra, austria, belgium, bosnia and herzegovina, bulgaria, croatia, cyprus, czech republic, denmark, estonia, finland, france, germany, greece, hungary, iceland, ireland, italy, latvia, liechtenstein, lithuania, luxembourg, republic of macedonia, malta, monaco, montenegro, netherlands, norway, poland, portugal, romania, san marino, serbia, slovakia, slovenia, spain, sweden, switzerland, turkey, united kingdom, vatican city, and only users located within the indicated territory shall have the right to participate therein.

accepting the terms and conditions of this agreement, you hereby confirm that:

you are entering into the agreement on a voluntary basis, wilfully, without any coercion on the part of innova or any third parties;
    you are competent and legally capable and entitled to enter into this agreement. you are older 18 years of age. otherwise, we will immediately terminate the agreement and remove (delete) all information and data related to your account upon request of his/her parents, guardians adoptive/foster parents (that is legal representatives) or other third party. innova is entitled into inquire about confirmation of the representative's legal status. in any case the user can not enter in this agreement if he or she is under 13;
    you are located on the territory indicated herein;
    you have no intention of claiming any compensation and/or remuneration in connection with the performance of this agreement;
    you have the technical ability to participate in the beta test, including:
    minimum technical requirements
    operating system    windows xp 32bit / vista 32bit / windows7 32bit
    processor    pentium4 3.0ghz
    memory    2 gb ram
    graphics    geforce 6600 gt / radeon x1600pro
    direct x    directx 9.0c or higher
    hdd    30 gb
    additional requirements and limitations may be placed on the website lineage2.eu;

information furnished by you in relation of the participating in beta test is reliable and does not infringe any third-party rights. the said information shall be used by innova for the purpose mentioned in privacy and data protection section (annex 3);
    since the game may contain failures, errors or defects, for detecting which this agreement is made, you, when entering hereinto, guarantee that you will take all necessary precautions to protect data recorded in the memory of your computer, will be acting prudently and in no way will be relying on proper functioning or operation of the game or the game client. the user hereby confirms that he or she shall individually bear the risk of any adverse consequences caused by errors or other malfunctions of the game or game client;
    the user guarantees that he or she will perform the agreement personally, without delegating/assigning any rights and/or obligations resulting herefrom to any third parties or engaging third parties as co-performers. you will not share your password and not allowed to let the third party access your game account. you are responsible to keep in confidentiality the data in question within the term of the agreement.
    entering into this agreement on the internet is made at the address lineage2.eu., in course of installation of the game by checking "i accept the agreement" and by pressing the button "next". this, confirms the consent to enter into the present agreement without any reservation and to comply with all its terms and conditions. beta test shall be conducted by innova from 30 of november, 2011 till 07 of december, 2011. innova shall notify the user beforehand of any changes of the beta test ending by posting the relevant notice on the website lineage2.eu.

beta test is provided via test server. during participation in beta test the user may create any game data such as any treasures, characters, experience points, values etc. this game data may be reset at any time during the beta test. at innova's sole discretion this data can be available on the test server after the game completes the testing phase. the user can use his or her own login and password to access 4game account or account in the game (on servers others than the test server) after the game completes the testing phase and under a separate agreement with the innova available upon commercial launch of the game.

this agreement may be unilaterally terminated by either party at any time, without prior notification and without indicating the reason therefore. at least the following actions of the user is considered as unilateral termination of this agreement by user: a) deleting the game client (its archived copies) or frost components from the computer memory, b) requiring to delete a personal data necessary for participating in beta-test (such as an e-mail address, place of resides of the user. innova is entitled to terminate this agreement in case of any breach of the agreement by the user.

this agreement may be amended and/or supplemented by innova in any period within its term if where the valid reason for doing so. in case of the user's dissent with such amendments, the user has the right to terminate this agreement.

the user hereby confirms that grants innova the right to process (including the right for gathering, systematization, accumulation, storage, correction, utilisation, distribution (including furnishing), depersonalisation, blocking and deletion the user's personal data furnished by you for the purpose of performance of this agreement as prescribed in privacy and data protection section (annex 3).

the user undertakes not to perform the following actions:

to violate or to create a threat of violation of intellectual property rights of innova and/or third parties;
    to override and/or eliminate protection facilities referred to herein;
    to derive any benefit from participation in beta test or using the game.
    intellectual property rights. all exclusive rights, the title to the game and/or any parts thereof including (but not limited to) the title to the text, images, multimedia materials, characters (including created by user), program codes or any other copyright objects shall be owned by ncsoft corp., republic of korea (hereinafter referred to as the "right holder"). the rights to use the game and its components subject to an exclusive license territory mentioned herein shall be owned by innova. all rights to the game, any components of the game including the client shall be protected by the legislation of the grand duchy of luxembourg and international treaties (agreements).

2. hristoitchov

hristoitchov User

i have similar issues. first, i had to uninstall all previous instances of ms visual c++ 2008 and 2010, otherwise the installer would just do nothing when it gets to the point of installing ms visual c++ (even though i already had that installed...). after installation, i had the play button on the website, but when i press it, it reads for a bit, a little pictures appears for a moment on the screen, then nothing happens.

i also tried running it from the l2.exe inside the system folder, the game begins to load, but when it reaches the frost update screen, it gives an error message in russian saying that frost failed to update. then the game actually starts, but quits immediately, i suppose because frost failed to update.

you may say this is beta and so on, but the point is unless we report these problems they will continue to exist, so step off your high horse and don't say anything if you can't help. these issues have nothing to do with users inability to operate their systems, it's a problem with the game itself.

i hope this gets sorted out soon or someone posts any tips on how to get around it.

3. kunieda

kunieda User

you have said it all hristoitchov. beta testing isn't only related to in-game circumstances, but most gamers think it's all about gameplay... beta testers must consider that this process starts since the moment you enter the site to register a game account, and goes on at each step you take until the developers understand that most of the problems, or those more severe, are solved.

so everyone must report their problems, may they be "out-game" or "in-game", but allways remembering that you agreed to the eula conditions, and that the dev team is working on hundreds of reports. :3

by the way, there is a area on the forum created by the moderators with the purpose of posting your errors/problems - you can find it here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
  4. Lambadelta

Lambadelta User

kunieda you are right but there is a difference between reporting a bug/fault in the process and whining about it and quite a few players here obviously don't want to nicely point out the bugs but whine about the system that is imperfect isn't working for them.

5. kunieda

kunieda User

i know lambadelta, but those who are whining only have two options: either they help the dev's by posting the error/fault/flaw at the right place, which will probably help them solve the issue in less time, or they keep whining, and demonstrate how immature they are. no one is obligated to comply with beta testing, and i think there is none here that is beeing treatened to do so.

innova isn't ncsoft, remember that. they are working hard to make things run smooth and nice for all gamers, even for those who are whining so, please, pay them some respect and instead of complaining, present your problems with posture.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
  6. cougar

cougar User

i couldn't say it better kunieda.server is in beta testing mode and that extends to all the game features from launch to bug ingame.one more thing, i really don't remember seeying so much activity from the gm's ingame , private or official so +1 and thank you for the staff of innova.:eek:

7. hristoitchov

hristoitchov User

thanks, kunieda, i'll check that forum section.

8. Brunerus

Brunerus User

ppl - this is obt - if u do not understand the abbreviation - open beta testing, it means that it is a testing environment, its goal is to test and find the bugs, thus it may not work, there may be some bugs.
    if u wonna stable well working game wait for a final version and stop crying.

9. Sayha

Sayha User

actually i had zero problems with a fresh formatted pc and a new one, problem might come if you treat or you don't even know how to manage your pc, one of my best friends couldn't even run it past their gameguard because she had 3 antivirus blocking the path while 1 is good enough, which in preference microsoft security essentials is the best to get in order to not get blocked.

10. Etherial

Etherial User

many of my clan mates have problems with comodo and windows xp errors

[​IMG]

11. FighterBoss

FighterBoss User

+1 on this.

12. ithilras

ithilras User

i don't think it's a bug that innova uses some complicated solutions instead of an easy and simple launcher. it's a suggestion for me, not whining.

and another problem: i have to restart the computer after playing lineage 2, otherwise my os will be unstable and some applications will crash.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
  13. XeNDeR

XeNDeR User

i just hope the big/huge/enormous/gigantic/strong/powerfull innova will fix all problems :cool:

14. Pitja

Pitja User

or it will be like russian never get to the target rockets ;p

15. helerazz

helerazz User

lol the 50-60 % of the forum have the crash error and u say its our pc ?? piss of my pc is perfect i play on nc server and fifa12 and skyrim and all other games

16. Sayha

Sayha User

yeah pretty much is your pc because you just showed us how clueless you are, why? cause' fifa12 or skyrim aren't online or/and they don't use any kind of gameguard, like i said people with fresh computers from retailers or formatted aren't having this problem, you people install dumbest things in these boxes that you end up killing the performance of it.

17. Etherial

Etherial User

18. ZuzuPi

ZuzuPi User

no problems playing here for me. maybe you don't know how to ask for help, instead you only start to flame.

19. ithilras

ithilras User

and now lineage 2 went away from the 4game's installed game list. i hope it will return after the maintenance and i won't have to reinstall the game.

20. Eska

Eska User

hello there,

that was beta test, to help us see problems that will occur for players. there will be an update available when server will go live. stay tuned !

best regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.