1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Lineage Eternal Steam community

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by innadril, Feb 16, 2015.

1. innadril

innadril User

hi, maybe some of you are waiting for lineage eternal as i am, so just wanted to invite you to join us in our international steam group for lineage eternal.
    we're a young but growing community preparing the ground for next year release.
    we'll be sharing and discussing information about the game and starting to forge the first clans of lineage eternal.

see you there if you're interested! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/lineageeternal

p.s.: if you don't like lineage eternal because "it's not lineage 3", at least be polite.

2. IgneoLT

IgneoLT User

ncsoft. i can give my left hand it's gonna be p2win game.

3. innadril

innadril User

ncsoft p2w? it's more like pay to play, or that was their style back in the day. which game of ncsoft is pay to win?

4. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

gotta remember this is ncsoft in 2015.

i think a huge amount of content will be locked to instanced areas.

(and we shouldn't be that hyped about the game either, it's a sequel to the original lineage or that's what it looks like... the only thing it seems to share in common with l2 are sieges((which pretty much are this series' main feature)) and lore.)

regardless, i've joined the steam group.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  5. innadril

innadril User

thanks for joining. indeed it's a sequel to lineage 1 (lineage 2 is a prequel to lineage 1 for the curious). also, lineage 1 had sieges too. i can't wait to see more info about the game and can only hope they deliver and meet the expectations, because lineage 1 and 2 are ******* great titles.

in a time-line having for reference the first lineage game:

lineage 2 (150 years before lineage 1) --- lineage 1 --- lineage eternal (200 years after lineage 1)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  6. innadril

innadril User

as for the map, during the demo the map was talking island + something that could be the giran region.
    i guess that the world map will be something more close to lineage 1 than diablo 3. by the way most of this is just speculation because the lack of information. me dream would be if the game was pay 2 play as it was lineage 2 when it was good, and if they launch expansions as they did with l2 chronicles back in the day. also i would die for visit emblematic places of l2 in lineage eternal with those new impressive visuals... but i prefer to be skeptical about this cause i don't want to be disappointed later.
    anyway... do you imagine visiting cruma tower in lineage eternal? or dungeon crawl the depths of the ivory tower? or hack & slash your way up through the tower of insolence... or pvp in the circle arenas located at hot springs... damn i'm so pumped to see emblematic and nostalgic places in lineage eternal that i'll be so turned down if i can't visit them in the future qq

edit: there's a screenshot of the map for the playable demo at g-star 2014 inside this article http://m.inven.co.kr/webzine/wznews.php?idx=122234 (the whole action during the demo occurs in talking island i think)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  7. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

I'm still "on top of the wall" because developers seem to be afraid to make another old school game like Lineage 1 focused on competitive open pvp.

Lineage 1 is almost 20 years old and still is the most popular MMO from NCSoft, generating over 40% of the company's revenue. (In some quarters, L1 generates more revenue than all other NCsoft games combined!)

I hope, in the upcoming beta, they show that Lineage Eternal deserves to be the proper sequel to Lineage 1, and try not to westernize everything in the game.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  8. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

Acttualy, the closer to Lineage 1 the better, since L1 still is the biggest MMO in korea.

If developers really know what made L1 so attractive in Korea, they can replicate its formula in Eternal. So the success of LE I believe depends on how much it incorporates L1 attributes.

9. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

10. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

Official teaser site and new teaser released:

http://le.plaync.com/

November 10th will probably be the date of the release of the beta schedule.

We well finally see how much closer to Lineage 1 the game will be.