1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Why no mentoring system?+POLL

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by xRelapse, Dec 25, 2011.

?

Do you want Mentoring System here?

1. Yes, I came here because of OFFICIAL Server so official features are required.

103 vote(s)
    74.6%
  2. No, I don't care

14 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. PA option should not exclude Mentoring System

21 vote(s)
    15.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clivz

Clivz User

yes i know what mentoring is. and yes i know i can benefit from it on core too.

2. Sieghardt

Sieghardt User

so.....explain plz?

3. Intrepid

Intrepid User

a simple system which allows awakened characters to have up to 3 "mentee" kinda like an academy for a clan.

the mentor needs to awakened and the mentee needs to be below lvl86 not awakened and need to have a certification item. after thats done the mentor and mentee both receive constant rewards which is:

mentor receives:

mentee's appreciation: your acquired xp and sp is increased by 10%.

mentee receives:

mentor’s guidance: your acquired xp and sp is increased by 200%

mentor's horn melody lv 1: increases p. atk. by 17%, p. def, by 15%, m. atk. by 79%, and m. def. by 30%.

mentor's drum melody lv 1: increases max mp by 20%, hp recovery bonus by 20%, m. crit. atk. rate by 2, critical rate during a normal physical attack by 20%, p. atk. by 10%, p. def. by 20%, atk. spd. by 20%, m. atk. by 20%, m. def. by 20%, casting spd. by 20%, resistance to debuff by 10%, and p. def upon evading a critical attack. decreases spd. by 15%, and for party members equipped with melee weapons that receive more than ordinary damage attacks, critical power increases during an ordinary attack.

mentor's lute melody lv 1: increases atk. spd. by 34% and casting spd. by 31%. change of applying vampiric rage effect by 9%.

mentor's organ melody lv 1: increases max hp by 37%, max mp by 37%, max cp by 37%, and hp recovery bonus by 20%.

mentor's guitar melody lv 1: increases p. crit. rate by 32%, p. crit. damage by 35%, and m. crit. rate by 20. decreases mp consumption for physical skills by 20%, magical skills by 10%, and enchant skills by 20%.

mentor's harp melody lv 1: increases physical accuracy by 5, physical and magic evasion by 5, and spd. by 34. decreases received critical damage by 30%.

these effectrs are applied when both character is logged in.

ps.: not to mention the item rewards...

4. Sieghardt

Sieghardt User

no, i wanted his explanation how to make use of it on core.

5. Leonidar

Leonidar User

from one of there level 85+ friends?

6. Darksie

Darksie User

if the money is the issue they could simply add the item for the mentee in the shop. ncwest gave that for free with the path of awakening thing, since here we don't have that we could at least be able to buy the item.

7. Intrepid

Intrepid User

lol...how to make use of it?ehm i dont want to feed you so i just leave it as it is...

8. sixtimesdead

sixtimesdead User

so... could we maybe get and official answer from gm team, whether or not we will have the whole mentor system here on innova servers or not ? i would say it is very important thing to know, for some people it might be even deciding factor to choose between ncwest and innova servers.

9. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

thread moved to appropriate section.

10. Intrepid

Intrepid User

"some" would be understatement imagine farming when you try to exp with a group and an awakened char kills your whole party alone...true story...you need every help there is :p

11. Sieghardt

Sieghardt User

no worries, didn't want to troll ;)

anyways, think about it for a while. why do we need it?

case xp: you want to become a mentee to get boosted. but since mentor slots are limited a casual player won't become one. and none-casual players should almost have the lvl to be a mentor themself. also it will at first result in something like !wts mentee slot 10kk a week.

case items: take a look on the costs. you will not get free r grade just because you were mentor for a day.

case buffs: find some friends ffs. you can reach 85 without them pretty easy and 85+ you should party enchanters!

sure, this system looks all nice and stuff, but it is not needed on a fresh server imho, ppl will abuse it if available.

12. Intrepid

Intrepid User

abuse can happen no matter what anything can be abused so why not give a chance for those who can get it?

13. Clivz

Clivz User

why?

1) new comers.
    2) its helps more individual players.
    3) oldplayers will help newbies because they get rewarded for that.
    4) its a goddess feature. we are playing official, we should have all features.
    5) this new update is based on 85++. a player who cant afford to a pa will have some bad time to get 85, and a lot of them will give up.

this server got 2/3 weeks and there isnt new ppl. go log in on ncsoft and see the difference, and take your conclusions.

14. Simone

Simone User

why gm dont answer this?

what happen with mentoring system?when u going to activate it?

15. Sieghardt

Sieghardt User

i loged on to naia some days ago and took my conclusions.

this is not some l2j with 10 ppl on it. what do you think makes you so special to get an active mentor? on naia you see lots of shouts lf mentor / lf active mentor, at least thats what i saw in rune and aden.

as for the new ppl: how lon did it take "us" to reach 85? (or will it take if ya want) if you give up because it takes longer than a week to get to 85, if you give up because there is not free equipment for any grade, if you give up because you need to actually work and farm for stuff - good.

mentor system does help "individuals", yes, and if you think this is a good thing you are one of them.

and yes, it is a god feature. but getting a cert is not.

playing for free is also not.

@edit: if you really think we need it wait 6 months. give out certs now would be worst thing to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011
  16. Ronove

Ronove User

sorry but just because we don't 'need' something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to have.
    we basically don't need much that's in the game but it makes sense that it's there.

we don't need s grade in lux shop, but let's face it, in god, you are supposed to breeze through 74-85, instead of farming quests that need 1000s of mobs to kill to get a (random) 60% recipe. same for a grade, b grade, c grade etc. mentor system is along the same lines.

ncsoft went in a direction with god update, to make people get 85 fast, and make most of the game content be 85+. mentoring helps with this, because it helps people get 86 faster (but not beyond), also while giving you a full r grade armor set, weapons (duals too by the way ! ) and jewels.

while also rewarding people for helping lowbies (although it's possible that people will mentor friends anyway, there's a chance some people won't, which is good for the game) ...

so lots of people want mentors on naia ? good, means people like it. a lot of the systems ncsoft implemented were useless systems that people didn't want much to do with. whether or not it's hard to find one, is irrelevant, the system should be available.

and frankly i don't care how long the old players took to reach 85, this isn't hi5 anymore, the max level is 99 and this is god. this isn't even ct2 anymore, it's ct3, it's a new chapter in l2.

17. SunRedux

SunRedux User

do want ! i'd like to see mentoring here too.

18. Sieghardt

Sieghardt User

you don't get my point. ppl are already 85+ and the server is not even 3 weeks old.

to get 85 is easy enough it seems and implementing mentors now will give every soulless an advantage. mentor is good stuff once the server is settled but not now.

and like i said, you won't get your r duals and equipment for being a mentor one day.

if you want to make use of this system you need to be an active high lvl with active low lvls. the only way to get active low lvls is with new players since you cant be an active low and high lvl. everyone will start sell their mentor service once they hit 85 and i doubt there will be enough new players. there is a 2nd server that is not heavy 24/7. right now only they who will abuse this system will benefit from it, it won't do any good to the overall community. the clan that got an extra mentor will have an advantage at the upcoming sieges.

19. 1tm

1tm User

looks like we got answer on announcements forums why we doesn't have it.

20. Clivz

Clivz User

1) say me 1 guy that are lvl 85 without pa, without using any ig shop items playing 3 hours a day.
    2) how can you say that it wont do any good to the overall community? this system benefits every1: pa users, active, non-active,etc. it helps everybody to get fast to 85, or 85+++ getting items.
    3) i logged on ncsofts too, ofc not every1 in the server will have a mentor, but i can say that its better to have 50% of population with it, and the rest of the community fighting to get one mentor that could help him, than a server where no1 can benefit of that, where ppl will give up soon.
    4) you said that ppl will start selling the mentor status, is it bad? why? i dont mind to pay to get buffs and boost xp.

im not talking about me. but im sure that no1 will leave the server with the mentor implemented but i m sure ppl will leave if they dont implement it. i could bet that you are a pa user, with almost 85, that are afraid to lose the "status" of "unique" in the server. like you said we got 2 servers, 1 of them almost empty and the other with 4000~5000 in peak times. do you know how many got ncsoft? think a bit... why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.