1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Feedback concerning SS lag

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Fahrenheit, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diavolos

Diavolos User

1st good job with applying that patch for ss lag, it was horrible!
    and 2nd do we have any news/progress about the npcs missing sometimes at cruma? the 2 teleporters?

2. Graav

Graav User

in my case the lag is almost gone, but not completely.

some soulshots are still skipped randomly during attacks (they don't activate) when the attack lands - attack does damage without the extra damage from the ss. this happens even at night times when the server is not so crowded.

there is some sort of lag-spike happening randomly aswell, and that's affecting everything you do ig, movement, skills, etc. it's like, the game will pause for a fraction of the second, then continue, something like going fast-forward. this happens when it's getting closer to the peak hours. haven't been online when core is at its heaviest, so i can't tell what's happening then.

but overall, whatever you guys did, it worked. it improved the gameplay drastically. at least now it's playable. probably you will have to tweak core some more to fix the remaining lags - lag spikes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  3. pto..

pto.. User

still some of ss are skipped/lagged. also serious client frezzes are showing up now wich hold for like 5-7 sec, its not client lag its server lag also since mobs are not doing any dmg in that time.

4. Toyaga

Toyaga User

my feedback:
    [​IMG]

in other words - happy to play the game as it was meant to. good job!

5. MaoMao

MaoMao User

exactly what i experienced. had lag spikes of up to 5 seconds, but they were all concentrated in an interval of about 15 min, max half an hour, we were doing zaken at that time and wasnt all that obvious. by the time we moved rune for kama 83 it was all gone and never came back for hours. however, other ppl reported more spikes from time to time, but few and far between.
    it probably needs some more work, but for now i dont see anything worse than any other top notch server.
    even if it stayed with shot and item lag in general, i would still have stayed here, it is by far the most cheater-free and polite server i ever played in.
    m

6. Psycho

Psycho User

i didn't get any ss-lag nor this 5 second freezes, so thank you innova for the fix :)

@maomao
    you are absolutely true. it's the best bot/cheaters free and polite server ever :)

7. AncientEvil

AncientEvil User

if you continuously press the attack button you can get small ss lags,it's like when mages use a nuke without waiting for the spiritshot animation to load.

8. mrdre

mrdre User

is it blame or provocative posting if somebody tell you the truth? u guys know too, u didnt fixed anything, just removed this bad wroted/compiled event, which made the server lag like hell... if u would be able to fix this lag, u would be able to do in first or second day...
    btw finaly server is playable, but think a bit, not all player is a small kid here, maybe some of then have better education than your tech team members will have in they full life ;)

have a nice day!

9. MaoMao

MaoMao User

while this has been answered before, for the ppl which are reading impaired, here it is again:
    1. the event was not invented by innova, it is, as everything else, written by nc, innova can only activate and deactivate it, if it was event's problem, was not innova's fault anyway, but it wasnt, see below;
    2. there was ss lag before the event, not as high tho as many ppl were much lower level and were not using so much items at the same time;
    3. as you probably know, since you have such a high tech education, there is not only one server in the game, but more applications that handle things. one handles the world and geodata, there is a login server, one item server, a npc and ai server, etc. the problem was a bottleneck between the item server and the database due to some errors which inserted too long delays in updating fields or something. it might have been a too prudent programmer which didnt want to take chances and insert exploits due to too few checks for example, a too big timeout some other place that was delaying everything in case of some common errors, i cant even begin to guess, this is a complicated thing as you probably know and it can break in many places.

could not be tested in beta because there were too few ppl then and such errors become obvious only on extremely loaded server.
    nc has also major lag problems due to badly written bots, for example, while our ppl can fix problems with nc patches, botland cant do that and they wont ban their dear bots, will always prefer to ban or make legits leave first since they are very few and far betweeen.

bottom of line, you dont know what you are talking about, please refrain from such posts, they insult true professional's intelligence.
    m

10. BlackLordBG

BlackLordBG User

happy to hear you fixed the lag finally after 3 weeks at least i played on nc west servers and saw how mentor system works there

i am back to core and expoect to make the mentor function here also ...soon

11. mrdre

mrdre User

hm, i think i didnt said the lag was innovas fault... innovas fault was the bad communication about this issue (or we can say 2,5 weeks without communication)

i didnt noticed any ss-lag before event, no ss-lag in the high populated starter zone, no ss-lag in toi

weird not?

12. [tzn]

[tzn] User

gj innova :]

13. DarkWings

DarkWings User

don't associate the event with the ss lag because it started before the christmas event (about 1 week before)
    and like i've wrote on a different topic, the toi was unplayable for me since server start and now it works just fine. can you comprehend that it wasn't about the event or server hardware, or high population?
    also the database might not act the same for all players and while some experience problems, other don't. i think you heard about players, who relogged and lost items or xp because their progress wasn't saved properly.
    my best guess is that was a really bad patch a week before the event started and that patch it kept causing problems.

14. Meziks

Meziks User

the soulshot lag seems ok for me now but i started to feel some horrible lag on my character after the fix.

now i've got delay on moving, targeting, everything...

15. Arcain

Arcain User

the same event was enabled on ncwest servers. if it was so badly made why they're feeling ss lags now, long after it finished? their current event doesn't have anything to do with that either since it's running for over a week already.

@darkwings, toi is fine for you because people simply moved somewhere else, it's not as crowded as it used to be.

16. Pitja

Pitja User

i have a strange problem, before patch with ss lags and other problems my ping was about 80ms, now it is about 180ms + and i don't know why, but for sure nothing changed on my side.

btw if someone has problems with higher pings "leatrency latency fix" should help a lot

17. Novern

Novern User

ss lag is almost completely gone. safe to say it's playable now and i don't have to worry about dying because of soulshot lag.
    however, like other players pointed out, i now have random spikes/char delay, which wasn't the case before.
    i'm guessing this will be fixed as well in due time.

everyone please be patient and polite. do not flame, it will not solve your problems.
    you also have to understand that it is not always within innova staff's powers to fix server issues, seeing as they are not allowed to modify binaries. ncsoft has to provide solutions here. we thank you for your cooperation and for sticking around with us.

cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  18. Pinko

Pinko User

well y after playing some more last night and today i`ll have to confirm that those small delays were not my imagination :) so that`s the only thing left that needs fixing regarding the ss lag issue.

19. !KniX

!KniX User

it wasa global item-lag, i dont understand why u blame ncsoft when it's clearly your servers that were under-preforming

20. Phyber

Phyber User

is it normal i cant spam hydro blast couse of minimal bss lag?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.