1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Feedback concerning Website

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Fahrenheit, Jan 13, 2012.

?

How do you rate our Website?

1. Very Good

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Good

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Satisfactory

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Rather bad

25 vote(s)
    29.8%
  5. Bad

43 vote(s)
    51.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit User

please let us know how can we improve our website!

2. DarkWings

DarkWings User

it's good that you saved my post and sent it to pm, because i was quite angry when i saw it missing. :)

this is what i've wrote previously

first of all this doesn't look professional, and i'm referring to both sites.
    you can't throw a video on half of the page and 10 links below and call it a website. you can get free templates better than that.
    we need 1 website, and i think i speak for all when i say that the website must be lineage2.eu , because this a european project, the only one of its kind and it doesn't deserve some poor sub-domain on your company website.
    yes, you got alot of players at start, but you got alot of players comparing to private servers. the retail must have 50-100.000 players at least. you want to attract them, make a stunning website for start.

if i can make a suggestion, contact saizenmedia
    looking at their client's list i can see already ncsoft among them : http://saizenmedia.com/newsite/clients

3. Pinko

Pinko User

would go for very bad if i had that as an option or even something worse. can you update 1st post with link to the website you are speaking about ?
    anyway my reasons:
    - no information that there is an eu server that is not naia on ncsoft`s side -> real situation from 2 days ago a friend of mine said come to chronos and i said sry i`m on eu - he was like naia ? ooh do u know who is there and etc, i said no i`m on the eu servers managed by innova -> so yeah naia -> then i replied no its core -> answer was "i don`t see core on server list there is chronos, magmeld bartz and can`t remember the last one -> 5 mins explaining that naia is on nc side and is old server located there and so on stuff you all know - when i managed to explain that there are eu servers , new fresh ones located in the eu - it was like -> oooh , no i don`t know that , never heard of them - and tbh they are a family actually playing and we both have many common friends form l2 some irl and they do know a lot about upcoming prv servers , retail changes and mainly servers - so i was really surprised by the answer " oh no i don`t know about that"
    so at the moment the only eu server people know about are the one managed by nc soft -> so the main page needs information about the servers there are 2 servers and you can say that arion is better for new players , because it started later and is a little less populated.

that was long so i`ll try that again:
    - no easily visible information about how to create an account, download and connect to the servers
    - no info about servers at all how many are they and if they are online
    - no info about account creation
    - forum link is really hard to locate atm i was looking for it everywhere accept at the top
    - no info about the game itself and the new things in god - y ok this atm is a preview site but still nc has a lot more and better organized info on theirs - so something similar
    -> clear site navigation - buttons for forum, faq, how to connect , library or game database or w/e with info about the game and major changes, some screens from the players and the server team, you can upload the videos from the contest there, info about events there, info about the servers , and you can post info about innova , ah y post info about pa too i think that will cover everything for starters - then might need some small things that can always be added later :)

+1 for the lineage2.eu domain if it is free but please no 4game.lineage2.com
    another thing i forgot - forum is not bad atm but will be better if it has some visual changes or a platform change i personally am a big fan of vbulletin but what i`m talking about is some color, something from l2 pictures/background - what we have now is functioning with some small problems but it`s just plain white/blue/gray - it`s a doesn`t attract my attention and it dosn`t make me want to stay and write in it or search it for info - i just want to see if there are some news or responses in the news or announcements section and leave as fast as i can

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  4. Naritzia

Naritzia User

https://forum.4game.com/forum.php
    http://lineage2.eu
    https://eu.4game.com/

combine these three into one single website at the adress lineage2.eu. if the login cannot be managed at that adress, just link to the launcher.
    put up game information, skills, classes, races, update info, quests, videos, event information etc etc.

it will make the first impression much better and you will make us as a customer/player get a good feeling of professionalism.

5. DarkWings

DarkWings User

on my first post i suggest who might be able to do a better job on the design, now let's make a list of the things a proper lineage 2 website must contain.

info about the game
    - lore (text, videos, screens)
    - actual game play (and this should be the biggest section)
    * races and classes (with skills/class transfer/subclass)
    * items
    * quests (especially new ones)
    * hunting areas (ordered by levels)

info about the server
    - who are you (it's very important to mention you are not a private server)
    - the team

connection guidlines
    - how to download, install and play the game (account creation)
    - rules of conduct

premium account section
    - benefits
    - complete list of l2 store items with prices
    - bonuses

news section aka announcements (this actually should be first)
    - maintenance dates and patching notes
    - events
    - problems on your side

community
    - forums (which also should be updated to look somehow related to lineage 2)
    - clan sites
    - facebook
    - twitter

media
    - actual in game screens received from players
    - videos (can be from contests like the you currently running or if a player proves extraordinary video processing skills)
    ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu_cglpwads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ef0rpha2i
    - wallpapers for desktops/phones, avatars

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  6. Filaliev

Filaliev User

keep the great suggestions coming!

7. xRelapse

xRelapse User

short version:

every announce on the website looks like a posts on twitter/facebook.
    website is very poor, there's no information about important things like innova features/server features (premium account, event sections, media section when you will put videos from eu off, maintenance+patch notes section, tutorial for news players how to install game, link to download and so on)

every official should do it

even amateur websites looks better.

but you've time to change that.

i mean 4game website, because most of people visit this.

8. The50

The50 User

at least make something like http://l2.ru/ not a bad website at all. of course lieneage2.com looks way mutch better than ru.
    and make something with advertisment of your website. there should be more people online. and we have only 2 servers, im not saying that we need more, no, but we need more people joining innova side.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  9. Intrepid

Intrepid User

vote goes to bad as a whole for all the sites+forum you run.

10. mus1ek

mus1ek User

+1

/10char

11. lisail

lisail User

what darkwings wrote seems about to cover it.now if you could add a wiki with drops and %s like nckorea it would be even more awesome.
    some player submitted guides would be nice too.

12. Silmari

Silmari User

totally agree with darkwings. i couldn't write better suggestions/thougths.

13. Bzyk.

Bzyk. User

this + info about serwer like online, gms online and sth like that

14. Aldaron

Aldaron User

this topic is not a bad idea. but you should know that it's not easy to interface the game with a website.
    but this is not the problem.

indeed the site design is very ... discount. too yellow, too many floating elements, not enough blocks and organization. this is finally what make the site more "official".
    the site gives the impression of not respecting any l2 graphics guidelines.

15. Ronove

Ronove User

a lot of people gave good feedback already, but to add to them...
    website at the moment almost doesn't exist, it's important to get a good website up and running asap, even if you have to do it gradually. it's your face to the rest of the internet, and atm it's really hard to find info about lineage2.eu. you go to first google result, which gets you to 4game website, and there's no info there at all for people who don't play this server already. how to install, info about game, etc.

16. Antoniusze

Antoniusze User

this website ****s, try to make smth like l2.ru/l2.com;p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.