1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Feedback concerning Bot-Hunting Season

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Fahrenheit, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naritzia

Naritzia User

/fail, you cant use botreport in peacezones.
    /fail, you have cooldown on botreport, use it wisely.

2. Owned4Hard

Owned4Hard User

3. Owned4Hard

Owned4Hard User

and btw i have reported 3 bots more and have video as proof of 100% botting players...
    my question is do i need to post video again or report them again ???

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
  4. The50

The50 User

lol. super frost system. :d

5. ValarMorghulis

ValarMorghulis User

hunt and ban bots is a good idea. but i prefer to record a movie in game with proofs of players botting and make a thread in forum to show it, in order to think about it (gms must to decide if that video is proof enough to ban them). i prefer that for some reasons. click report button is not a good solution in my oppinion:

-im a very pro player and half of the server hates me because my imba pvp-pve skills. i never use any program to help me while playing. if ppl massive report me, how do you prevent ban me?
    -im a very handless player, i dont known about elixirs, shots or what the hell means wtb/wtt, so i dont know about bots, of course. but i have a good in-game name, and they report me to make a char with that good name. will i be banned?

6. Serafin

Serafin User

you all guys just don't understand one thing...

bots were, are, and always will exists in l2, with no bots everything would fail.

for example:
    - who need dual-box and pa to be able to use it ? mainly bots.
    - 10h items like runes and other things, who play 10h in l2 ? only bots.
    - who drop half of items and sell them via auction ? bots.
    - who is creating such pages like drop calculators and other similar ? bots.
    - who is making these shots and selling them ? bots.
    - who is pickuping all items after killing monster and reducing lags on servers ? bots.

and there are many things what bots could easily do like:
    - crystallize items service.
    - auto sell of iss buffs.

not everyone have time to play, not everyone want to sit behind computer for few hours and click monsters one after another. it's makes a brain corrupt. better is to do something much better with life instead of waste it. but i also like to sit from time and have some fun even with pvp. l2 is pvp game for me, and i don't care what others say. but to do that need good stuff and lvl and this costs money and time.

so the problem are not bots, but way in what some dump people users use it. if you setup it in right way, then other people who exp with you won't even care if you use it or not. but if you dump child then before use bot you need to grow up. and being idiot should be a thing what have to be banable. do you relay want to play on empty server ?

about things what innova is doing now, it's right. people need to know that something is forbidden in official way, but forbidden things are things what we like to do, isn't it a human nature ?

i'm using a bot when i need it, i'm using it wisely, and when i already accepted that it's forbidden. someday i may get a ban but this won't be today. but when i get one, i won't sit and cry, i won't trying to kill my self, or lose sense of life, because i wont have cabbage instead of the brain. i will leave happy like never before.

best regards,
    bot

<nickname used on forum is random>

------
    [​IMG]

7. kazi0wichura

kazi0wichura User

i like the idea, let the hunt begin! :d

8. Naritzia

Naritzia User

serafin, what you dont understand is that everything bots in ncwest is doing, can be done by real players, not to the same extent though.
    what happens then?
    nothing... you get items as always, just not as fast as before.
    what happens then?
    nothing... you still pvp, siege and kill raidbosses.
    what happens when you dont reach 99 3 months from release?
    nothing... you are pvping same level (ish) people anyway, since noone is botting and most have real lifes.

what happens when 10-40% bots heavily like a few years ago at ncwest server?
    alot... you create huge rifts between the different playerbases, greedy and lazy people are rewarded with much higher levels and adena.
    you still pvp, siege and raid, but the normal person (yourself) have no say in anything unless you bot yourself.

solution, let everyone play the game on the same basis.

you never ever needed bots to play l2. it was just an exploit lazy and greedy people over at ncwest saw, and ncwest didnt stop it so there we go.

9. Lenus

Lenus User

better than nothing... but it shows that you and your frost and so on are helpless against botters....

i hope that the rewards for hunting bots wont be so imba....

10. IssEnchanter

IssEnchanter User

11. Raptor

Raptor User

this is what? ncbot business plan? it doesnt mean all server work like this.

12. GZenia

GZenia User

start from monastery of silence, saw there a few, left for night, no pick up, in middle with stance shooting in small rooms.

regards

13. UrbanDenim

UrbanDenim User

this is a fail already.... i've been hunting away by myself, and i've had people come up to me and pk me, without speaking to me or anything. probably because they're already red so they don't care anymore. also, most bots log out on being hit once... so you cant actually kill them. just report.... which is what people were doing anyway. this is just a massive fail!

14. mus1ek

mus1ek User

we dont want bots here, everyone shoud play game like it is w/o bosters.
    go to nc west bot.

15. lioneros

lioneros User

imo not a bad idea, but i doubt i would spend my play time with bot hunting...

16. berusko

berusko User

@topic
    i think it's a awesome idea. =)
    keep it up

17. Mertian

Mertian User

without bots a server dies... they changed l2 in god so legit people level way faster than bots, haven't you understood that? no need for banning bots lol, they're useless

18. Marsh

Marsh User

legit people level faster than bots...u're right....but bots don't spend time to level

19. Mertian

Mertian User

well, it's lots of "legit" parties where everyone is just auto assisting watching the bot.. isn't that the same kind of cheating? they will never get banned and claim to be legit

20. MaoMao

MaoMao User

i havent seen many bots, here, i mean, fully afk trains, ncwest style where servers are always heavy no matter day or night, however, here it goes:
    about 1 week ago, someone went afk in clan party and said he leaves the clicker on someone. was told clicker is illegal and against the rules, but just ignored it.
    for the next hour that guy did skills and asists fully afk.
    unsurprisingly, was asked to leave, but he said he didnt bot, he has a mouse with macro and he can afk without problems since frost does not block it, as such is legal. being poited out to the rules, many ppl jumped the gun in the defense of their friend and said they do the same or if they dont, at least they think that isnt a reason to kick someone from the clan.
    we have a strict anticheating policy, for many reasons, one of it being that cheaters dont make good clannies, dont need parties, dont need help anyone or participate in common activities because they have all the level and gear they need, they are likely to scam clannies and friends, etc. but that is besides the point, i thought there arent many cheaters here and all of a sudden 10 ppl in my own clan turned out to be cheaters and also some 3 others "protested" for the "unjust" punishment and left.
    topics as this one prove ppl dont understand the rules and if they do, they always find excuses to cheat.
    we lost 2 nice ppl for this matter, the rest were not important as they didnt participate in clan life anyway and even if they did, that would have tainted the clan, so it is better they join cheater clans (all cheaters were romanian and they joined one of those clans that will be soon major "factors" if cheating is not curbed right away).
    ppl say hardware devices are hard to detect.
    while they are certainly harder, their software driver is not and frost can raise a flag and also check for perfectly timed actions so either a gm will investigate or outright ban them in clear cut cases.
    in any case, there are fully automated devices that mimic kb or mouse and dont need any software driver, those can only be caught by counting the time between actions, no human does same thing over and over at exactly same time interval.
    cheating cant be stopped, but it can be reduced, innova came a long way, but there are always things to improve. just listen to the community, make such events, make it clear any automated actions are illegal no matter how are they done, moreover, give examples of how many ppl were banned for "clickers" and automated mice, etc.
    i am satisfied so far, but i would like more to be done, i especially would like /gmlist to return some names which are not in /block all mode. at least 10 bots could have been banned already if that facility would have been introduced, since the online petition doesnt work.
    m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.