1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Feedback concerning Bot-Hunting Season

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Fahrenheit, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bl4st3r

bl4st3r User

i already reported two bots and i dont know if they are banned or what....
    how i find em ?

there are many kinds of bots but

very often when there is no mobs near the bot cuz it killed all (or someone helped him in this)
    this bot is moving back to the central point and its waiting there until the first mob will respawn.

so u can eassy paint this point with ex. 1 adena and then if it will return on the same position u can hit it and check if it will respond to u if not u can try stun it or smth to kill it or just make funny video ;d

also u can try to drop some 1 adena on the ground near bot and check if it will pick up it if not it can be also bot cuz in the bot options there is a option to: "pickup only my drop" or smth like that

sorry for my english.

2. Hulky77

Hulky77 User

just keep in mind ppl will start doing bot report just for fun to get into list.u got a system for checking all the false reports?or innocent afk ppl will get puinshed?cause u know how it is in play communities ******s always exist and wanna have fun with others misery.just doublecheck this before u put it in use.

3. Mertian

Mertian User

i've been reported lots of times when playing legitly cause i don't have chat on and don't see when people write "hi" etc...

4. Crush

Crush User

that's totally bad idea...ppl will just report each other for "fun"
    dont u already have a pro soft to detect bots?...or doing nothing like game guard from west?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
  5. SadSoul

SadSoul User

what about dual boxers? r they bots also? cause its not boting if u lvl 2 chars at once. and maybe somebody sees u, reports u and u dont check both screens every 5mins...

and what happens to the bots?

6. Devolant

Devolant User

this event ****s. i was boxing 2 of my clannies to powerlvl my char and some ****** runs up and starts recording me. claiming that my boxed chars had no target and he was going to report me.

enjoy all your fake reports from ******ed people.

7. EileithyiaDK

EileithyiaDK User

1) i think this event is really good. though i must say that i haven't really encountered that many bots on core so far.
    2) maybe expand this a bit. i would like to request that we are able to ban people in towns also. i have observed a few iss buffs shouters who were not there. i know this can be done with a simple macro.... but somehow people need to rest also. you can't really press the macro 24/7. not to mention sell shops.

a small comment to the people who fear their boxes will be banned. just because people click the report button on your boxes doesn't mean you get banned. innova does not ban at will. they too need to investigate. either through frost or porting directly to the your hunting spot and start to talk to you. so in other words a gm will appear next to you. if you ignore him / her and keep hunting (if you are legit) you deserve to be banned, really. :)
    i have had 3 accounts myself for my entire lineage ii career, 7 years. ncsoft west and now innova. i have never been banned nor have i ever had a gm check up on me. why? because i never used software of any kind. so why would they waste time on me? the same goes to you all who box now! if you are legit. you have nothing to fear! :)

also.... having reported thousands of bots myself on ncsoft west servers it is really easy to spot boxed characters who are actually botted: like for instance... a botted box will most likely run so close to the owner like it's a shadow. i remember seing a bot train in a catacomb at one point long time ago, where the boxes moved through the corriders so it looked like a snake. never getting stuck and never moving in distance from the main character.

cheers

8. bl4st3r

bl4st3r User

i have a nostromo pad n52te - i have a software calling n52te editor
    i have also g15 logitech keyboard and it have software calling keys profile for hardware from g logitech serries// smth like that (i transalte it from my lang to eng)
    some time ago i just ask innova staff if can i use it or not - simple legal or not ?
    and they sayd me that nostromo n52te is legal ;)
    ok!! but smth is wrong cuz if all kinds of clickers or not allowed why n52te is allowed?? im just ask cuz its interesing xd

in n52te editor u can make macro for expamle to autoassist auto using skills in order with waiting time to activate (i dont know how to say it)
    clickers and software like that n52te works in the same way - it dont have any script to investigate the status in your game /for example it dont have any script to check if u have shots or if u are dead or if u get lvl for example. it work like macro

i dont know what bots are in l2 now but for example its l2walker
    it have a mass scripts for checking your status in the game.
    and if for example ur charater have low hp it will use bsoe. or if u have not enough soulshots it will go to wh and get some and it will go back to exp spot....

so clickers + software like n52te works in other way than bots
    my question is : why clickers are not allowed and soft from nostromo is allowed ? xd

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
  9. MaoMao

MaoMao User

the rules are simple, they dont allow you to emulate your presence in game through any means. if you are there pushing buttons or clicking macros, is ok, if you are not there but use something (hard or soft) to emulate your presence there, no matter how they are called, bot special for l2 or general purpose software or hardware for automating tasks, then you are in breach of the law.
    in some countries guns are not illegal, but even there, if you murder someone, then you go to jail, no matter if your weapon was legal or not.

maybe it is time for some clarification from innova, there are awfully many ppl that claim botting through hardware is ok since frost doesnt block that, ingame announcements are needed imo because many ppl come from privates or are used with botland where bots are encouraged and helped.
    i already ordered my automated mouse, if it is true and hardware botting is allowed, then i need to know to have same chances with the bots.
    m

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  10. solokazama

solokazama User

f*ck this event!!!

im so pissed i just logged out. now every time i go exp some ******s try to ks my mobs for checking me, try to hit me for checking me. it is so irritating. why i - never used any bots - have to have this **** in game now? why? im hawkeye so all i do on exp is autoattack (if no clan party avaiable) and every 1-2 minutes some ******s hit my mobs/me to check.

so innova why i - player who pay pa account (even two without dualboxing, just for vitality) without bots cant now listen to music while solo exping because u made this **** on me?
    oh yes i "can" with this every minute iritating ******s! i dont have fun now! and i used to listen to music, chatting with clan while f1 on mobs by hawkeye. now it is so iritating!

11. |Mak0|

|Mak0| User

pointless event if you ban bots only for 3 or 7 days like you're doing.
    in some other games it would be complete ban of the account, all accounts related with that ip and impossible for that ip to create more accounts.

so, since you're not even trying, i don't see why people should try.

12. zzZzz

zzZzz User

+1... 0 drama with bots... 1 bot = -1 ip

13. Umbarabumba

Umbarabumba User

the problem is
    ip is not unique and its not like u always see the client's ip, by blocking 1 ip u can block hundreds of people
    another thing is ip, mac address and everything related to ur pc can be easily changed/masked so bothering to block smthg is pretty stupid and time waste
    simple account ban is more than enough

14. |Mak0|

|Mak0| User

they don't even ban accounts yo
    they send you a warning and a 7 days holidays pass, so you can still do market on your alt and go out and wait for the temporary ban to be lifted.

i'll take the example of kwik/sutrius group then: please innova, add 70 billion xp on my account, i'll gladly take the 7 days break.

15. offline

offline User

just lol we are paying and server its full bots i think we playing a private server not official

16. Spiritus

Spiritus User

hello,
    i quit lineage 2 years ago guess why? bots, money sellers, cheats, hacks... you name it.
    but there is one thing... not everyone is a legit player. and that's why we will never win.
    so, if your gm's, frost are not working, why should i? i just want to play with my friends. money isn't everything, think about it.
    other thing, you can start by the scaming, and open char transfer service. there are a lot of things you can work out...
    clear areas near gks from shops, want more?

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
  17. Umbarabumba

Umbarabumba User

this event starts to be annoying, everytime i go lvl my sub i meet a ****** who tries to prove im a bot, srsly wtf?
    make the frost working or delete it completely, for *** sake do something u r paid for

18. Forseti

Forseti User

most lame event which shows incapability of the team to stop botting with frost or other means.they are waiting players to report bots.for sure a lot of false reports will be made.

i wonder how its possible in private servers botters to be stopped while in official they are allowed

19. Ilene

Ilene User

hm where is the list of the top20 bot hunters?

20. corvik

corvik User

hmmm i really dont know why is bot report button in game ?? its useless? sad...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.