1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Problem with launching the game

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by twisty, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icehowler13

icehowler13 User

it would be better to make a temporary work-around, until web launching thing works properly, by providing us with a simple lineage 2 client which we can run from l2.exe or a local client.

2. Ortii

Ortii User

i have the same problem.:(

3. brewek

brewek User

waiting for a fix.

dear innova.
    i think you'd instantly get about 5-10% more players if you'd fix that issue. if you need any assistance, some data or anything else, just contact me/us.

4. Toto_l2

Toto_l2 User

one week, many hours spend at trying to launch this game.
    my system goes well. i've installed lineage (since c1 !) many times, aion , lor on official and private servers. they've all work.

the problem is with frost, not with pc.

i'm tired, and i give up.

5. Slasher

Slasher User

well don't give up. people will fix it eventually. problem is frost - somehow it doesnt seem to start.

6. icehowler13

icehowler13 User

i don't think they are working on weekends :) so monday they will try to solve the problem.. and maybe until the end of week they will manage to fix it.

7. CutePoison

CutePoison User

first report was on 04.12.2011, 09:59 now we are on 10.12.2011 , so they had like 5 days( let 1 for personal stuffs ) to repair it. but still nothing has been done . what conclusion should we get from this ?.....and is not a local problem ( like 1-2-3 players ) ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
  8. jinmaster

jinmaster User

i'm tired of this problem that cannot have a solution...when they'll fix it(if they'll fix it) it will be too late to begin playing...so i'm forced to not play...it's a pity,i've been waiting for innova servers for month

9. Eska

Eska User

hello,

today i'll make another errors report and forward this to dev team. i hope to see you in game soon, we are doing what we can to help you.

best regards,

10. icehowler13

icehowler13 User

tomorrow another one.. etc :d error reports :x closed as will not fix - not enough knowledge :d

11. Aikanaro

Aikanaro User

to anyone who has the problem like brewek shown on that gif. software on ur pc blocks frost from launching, there is no other option.
    @brewek, i had comodo, despite the fact i added all frost files to list of trusted apps my problem didn't disapeared. a had to use additional option, and add an exclusion for all frost files in comodo, then it started to work. have u tried looking carefuly into every setting opton in ur av ? what av do u use anyway ? maybe there is a firewall on ur router or something ? list all the hardware like routers, etc, u use o acces the internet and all security apps like av u have on ur pc.

12. brewek

brewek User

antivirus : microsoft security essentials; all options checked, added to "ignore/exclude" list, turned off - nothing helped.
    firewall : router and windows firewall. windows - off, router firewall logs does not indicate any blocked activity. every single port forwarded to me, all rules of firewall on router disabled - still does not work.
    that should be pretty much it that could deny/block access. i'm just waiting for a fix.

13. icehowler13

icehowler13 User

the problem is they didn't properly tested this launcher. or they knew about it but didn't know how to fix it :) we have to wait.. and wait.. and again wait. unprofessional.

14. jinmaster

jinmaster User

ultra quote !!

15. Rivalsa

Rivalsa User

i got same prob as all in here,that's what i got after i click on "play" button

game loading error
    please,restart your computer.
    should the error reoccur after the restart,please contact the tchnical support

16. Aikanaro

Aikanaro User

as of av, some of them still work after "turning them off" had few problems coz of it too. sic! but it was some time ago and i do not remember if i just restarted the pc after turning it of or did i uninstalled it to get rid of its protect to run needed app. try to change av, imo trusting m$ in security manors its not a good idea. i use avira av - free version. and comodo for firewall, you could get them too, or even comodo for av and firewall. so if u will decide to give it a try, don't forget to: defense+ tab > defense+ settings > image execution control tab > exclusions list and add entire frost folder which is located in your game directory, reboot and play.
    as of firewalls, my comodo never indicated block for frost, and still comodo was blocking that app.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
  17. HouseCall

HouseCall User

solver of this problem should be paid in diamonds... they've written they are working on it. i am not nolifer so i can wait and i recommend it to you too. crying won't help.
    if someone wants to leave, go... no one holds you here. patient people will be rewarded. :)

18. Aikanaro

Aikanaro User

do not forget that frost is a freakkin rootkit which is always recognized as a virus by every security app. so that is the main reason why you can't run the game and all u can see is frost progress bar and a splash window for a half second, and then nothing happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
  19. Arsenek

Arsenek User

it helped me, but:

i first copied directory c:\program files (x86)\4game\lineage2eu to the new directory i made: d:\l2god\

then: uninstalled 4game, all of ms virtual c++.

go to the page, register/login, get installer, use it to install 4game to d:\l2god\, and when installer will ask where to put the l2 game, just use the this path: d:\l2god\lineage2eu.

go to the page, use fix game button.

so my d:\l2god\ folder looks like this:

[​IMG]

go to the page, login, for me the game started at second time.

20. lexsae

lexsae User

problem: game doesnt start
    -before i transferred the game from one drive to another it was ok, now i change location from c: to d: and i cant even see the game "play" button, dont plan to download the game from start although that did fix the issue, just wondering if there is any other way to shorten the process (t.i. if i plan to copy the game to lets say another pc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.