1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Some clarifications on Awakening (T_T)

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by DavidinoX, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidinoX

DavidinoX User

hi everyone,

after digging the forum for about 30 minutes looking for informations, i'm forced to make this thread to ask some clarifications.
    i please someone to answer those simple questions one by one: would be really appreciated

1) when i complete the awakening, do i automatically lose all previous skills? do i only lose a part of them? can i choose what skills to lose?
    2) i read somewhere "you replace old skills with new one"....what does it mean? i can replace any old skill with any new skill? do i have to un-learn an old skill in order to learn a new one?
    3) i saw a lot of crying on the forum due to knight's harmony and wizard harmony on orc iss enchanters...what's the problem with those skills?

please don't tell me to google for those informations cause what you find on the net is not what innova has on this server

thanks everyone for their time, i hope we can make some light on this damn awakening!

2. Dixevil

Dixevil User

1) no, you get opportunity to learn news skills, once you do only then you auto unlearn old skills, an example: once you learn new armor mastery old one is removed
    2) first answer
    3) nothing is wrong with these harmonies, the "problem" is or not with db/sws keeping some old combo dances/songs and not learning wizard harmony

3. Fabien06800

Fabien06800 User

hello davidinox,

1 - you loose some skills, some can be update by awakened skills, after you have to decide if you want to keep some or not, for some classes like iss, it's best to keep previous dance if you are bd/sws, for healer not updating the rez is better in cause of recast time, just study each description and hunt the forums to have more informations regarding update

2 - a awakened skill can replace one to n skills at once, so if you learn x, you will have a decision popup to say "will replace z,r,t ..." so choose well your skills

3 - wizard harmony is a good skills but it depend also how you play with it and if you are on a cp or not. the bonus given by old dance/songs make you loose some casting speed but improve some stats much more than awaken skill. it's important if you are on an optimized cp or pt when the song stacking of rythm is better. if you solo or make standard pt, wizard can be enough for you.

cheer

4. DavidinoX

DavidinoX User

thanks for your answer. about point 1)
    you said "you have the opportunity to learn new skills"... it doesn't make sense to don't learn those skills. being awakened with old skills is pointless! am i wrong?

5. Jitte

Jitte User

old skill to keep after awakening
    soultaker: day of doom
    archmage, mystic muse: cancellation (old cancels cannot cancel new buffs, but they can cancel noblesse blessing/item skill: reflect damage/freezing skin/etc etc etc)
    dark avenger: reflect damage + shield deflect magic (until 99 lvl, when spike shield can be enchanted on +time, constant 20% reflect are much better, than periodic 50% reflect)
    cardinal, eva's saint, shillien saint: robe mastery qq
    shillien saint: prophecy of wind (magic critical damage and hp, drum melody increases only magic critical chance and mp)
    dominator: victory of paagrio (magic critical damage)
    soul hound: steal divinity (same as cancellation)

useful skills (you can learn new skills, but these old skills are usually better) (list may be incomplete)
    soul hound: quick recovery (trade of 13% cast speed for 20% skills reuse)
    doombringer: rush impact
    doomcryer: chant of victory
    dominator: flames of invincibility
    eva's saint: prophecy of water
    cardinal: resurrection, mass resurrection (new versions have fixed reuse 30 seconds and 600 seconds, but % of resurrection are much better, you will lose a lot (i mean a lot) of expereince after dying on high-levels. new mass resurrection also targets only party members instead of clan members)
    eva's saint, shillien saint: resurrection
    adventurer: dash, lure
    arcana lord/elemental master/spectral master: summon smart cubic (until ~90-95 lvl new cubic lacks cleanse and hardly do anything)

useful skills (you can learn new skills, but these old skills can be better in some situations) (list may be incomplete)
    dreadnought: provoke, thrill fight
    arcana lord/elemental master/spectral master: transfer pain (70%-75% of transfer on new skill maybe too much, you cant heal summon that efficiently)
    hierophant: mystic immunity (battle rhapsody are much better for pvp, but mystic immunity combined with angel’s touch can do wonders on olympiad)
    sword muse/spectral dancer - all rhytm combo songs. its highly experimental, but basically you lose 1-2 berserkers and gain somewhat of combined mage+knight's harmony.
    wind rider: dodge
    moonlight sentinel: rapid fire
    ghost hunter: counterattack
    archmage/mystic muse/storm screamer: arcane power
    storm screamer: empowering echo
    titan: frenzy
    grand khavatary: force rage

there u go

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
  6. Dixevil

Dixevil User

some skills are worth keeping, check the list above

7. Fabien06800

Fabien06800 User

no it's not pointless, it depend on how you want to play your char, of course, some skills must be updated but some not, especially for bonus, recast, cost etc ...

8. Fabien06800

Fabien06800 User

thanks for the list jitte but light armor mastery now is automatically changed ;)

9. Jitte

Jitte User

:d old list

10. DavidinoX

DavidinoX User

i'll have to read carefully all skills before learning new awakened ones :p i wish someone, somewhere, would make a really detailed list (like the one jitte posted, whom i thanks) to compare all of them :)

11. Fabien06800

Fabien06800 User

nice idea david, why don't you try it ? ;)

12. PrayForMercy

PrayForMercy User

this line is outdated :)))

13. ShorterThan5Characters

ShorterThan5Characters User

that is what i was looking for, thank you thank you, wish there was a thanks button or thumbs+ :)

14. St0ne

St0ne User

i'm not sure what u ment by that ?vop doesnt have anything like that.it has biggest bonus to critical atk. rate+20%(imo pro!) and also magic dmg +20%
    i can be wrong since my info is based on older patches,not god.
    and it's rly great idea if some1 who knows god would create accurate list whats worth to change.i could do it,but im not god player yet ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
  15. Dixevil

Dixevil User

well it's increasing m attack by 20% so it's natural that m crits will do more dmg too :d

16. Jitte

Jitte User

i didnt made the list just copy paste

17. St0ne

St0ne User

sure,sure,but i was thinking about buff bonus it self,not maths ^^

18. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

question answered. moving thread to archives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.