1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Low FPS ingame

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by LookInside, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. handsofchaos

handsofchaos User

the frame per second issue in online games is not always depend on your hardware.
    most of times it is, but when you playing in zone with high number of people most likely your fps will drop fast
    cuz lineage2 is not optimized very well for all video cards.
    i my self with triple sli gtx580 cards have sometimes 20 fps in lineage2.
    although you can follow few simple steps to imporve you fps in mmos.
    1.update latest graphic card drivers
    2.update dx9
    3. clean ur compter from trash, you can use ccleaner.
    i would post you more specific answer , but for that i need know what pc specs you have
    and if u could also post ur dxdiag.

2. [A]KaEL

[A]KaEL User

got 100+ fps even in the busy area's with a 2y old desktop gaming pc, played some on naia yesterday and didnt notice any difference.
    imo it must be your settings

please also take in to account that people at the pts are quite grouped and a high number of pc's/npc's consumes a lot of processing power from your cpu.
    lineage ii (still) is a game thats a lot harder on your cpu then it is on your graphic card.

3. Arcain

Arcain User

l2 doesn't really rely on gpus. you'd have the same amount of fps with one card as with 3. cpu is what matters here, plus that client is really buggy. there might be also some diffrence between ncwest client updated to innovas and downloaded completelly from innova, but really doubt that. hope ncsoft will finally make some performance fixes as promised in next upcoming update. i'm personally having from 10 in very crowded with most features enabled to over 100 on some spots/instances.

4. darkyojimbo

darkyojimbo User

then....why on ncwest the game runs smooth?and more than double fps?still no fix?ok -50 ppl on innova bb!

5. cruella

cruella User

probs !!!

1st had to go to win 7 :d

2nd when i went ... hi lil fps :d

wtf is this ?

6. Kitami

Kitami User

i have the same problem running 1pts client, 4game launcher and frost protect here on innova with any kind of settings in game not to mention the improved shader frames like hell.
    at ncwest i could've run 2 clients maxed out with improved shaders etc. with decent fps in towns and very smooth out of town.
    i'm running on latest driver updates on everything and i just want to play on innova cause my friends wants to so can a tech staff member clear this thing out and give a response about this problem?

------------------
    system information
    ------------------
    time of this report: 12/5/2011, 17:59:11
    machine name: michiko
    operating system: windows 7 ultimate 64-bit (6.1, build 7601) service pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
    language: japanese (regional setting: romania)
    system manufacturer: micro-star international co.,ltd
    system model: ms-7599
    bios: default system bios
    processor: amd athlon(tm) ii x2 250 processor (2 cpus), ~3.0ghz
    memory: 8192mb ram
    available os memory: 8192mb ram
    page file: 2517mb used, 17956mb available
    windows dir: c:\windows
    directx version: directx 11
    dx setup parameters: not found
    user dpi setting: using system dpi
    system dpi setting: 96 dpi (100 percent)
    dwm dpi scaling: disabled
    dxdiag version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit unicode
    ---------------
    display devices
    ---------------
    card name: ati radeon hd 5570
    manufacturer: advanced micro devices, inc.
    chip type: ati display adapter (0x68d9)
    dac type: internal dac(400mhz)
    device key: enum\pci\ven_1002&dev_68d9&subsys_e142174b&rev_00
    display memory: 1776 mb
    dedicated memory: 2032 mb
    shared memory: 3839 mb
    current mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60hz)
    monitor name: acer p221w
    monitor model: acer p223w
    monitor id: acradae
    native mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954hz)
    output type: hd15

edit:
    new info about the frames from my side of the problem at least.
    i was playing street fighter iv ae at maxed out details and it started having low fps on me when before it didn't dropped below 60fps, i checked the system processes and your 4gameservice.exe was running.
    after i closed all the 4game processes the game worked fine and the pc stopped having pc, disk and memory spike usage.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
  7. LookInside

LookInside User

that is what i was trying to say... ncwest have more than 3 times ppl than innova and client running smooth... how is this possible?

8. Raxol

Raxol User

maybe there is some problem with frost, be patient guys.

9. maxver

maxver User

same here, i did format today because i couldn't belive it. my pc specification below.

10. Aelion

Aelion User

stupid advices...game works 10x better on nc west where is 10x more people on the new servers!

11. Intrepid

Intrepid User

for me the opposite so what i should cry at ncwest?no..you guys are just crying try to solve the issue work with the staff to get through these problem instead of raging...jesus...

12. Raxol

Raxol User

i just realized that in innova pts all ppl wear r grade items. for example, 1000 players wearing r grade items are not the same than 1000 players wearing no grade or old textures grade items. r items = better textures and models = more pc stress. we will see on wednesday.

13. Azeron

Azeron User

i love that drama. if you dont liek, dont play here, and go on ncwest and try fight against bots :)
    btw i was on nc west servers and in giran where was maybe 50 dwarfes i had 23 pfs... yy its realoly good .... here when i look at whole talking island i have 13 fps... hmmm

14. Caporegime

Caporegime User

lithuania 300mbps.

15. Nibew

Nibew User

ncsoft

mass pvp about 1k ppl = 20+fps dont go below 20

innova server 1 pt vs 1 pt = 5-10 fps

thanks and bb

16. maxver

maxver User

that's true.

amd athlon ii x4 640 3,0ghz :: msi 770-g45 :: asus eah6850 directcu :: samsung spinpoint f3 hd502hj :: kingston 2x2gb 1333mhz cl9 :: ocz stealthxstream 2 600w

i'm playing battlefield 3 on ultra details ~30-40 fps it's dx11. cpu like 98% usage and dont remember how much gpu.
    about lineage 2, i ran from start spawn to out of city talking island. cpu ~25% usage and gpu up to 30% (tested on west and innova)
    that's all on alt+p and 1360x768 16bit.

17. Intrepid

Intrepid User

i play with no lag with half the config you have on 1360x768 32bit medium so its not true you have a problem to be solved thats true but a lot of people(the majority) have no issue running the game so please shut the **** up and work on the issue instead....jesus...

18. Kitami

Kitami User

off topic:
    oh could you stop this? this is a post where ppl are posting their issues about frames and try to get an answer for it.
    if you don't have it or don't have an idea what's the problem or how to fix it stay out of it already if you said your opinion and let the staff have a proper thread with information about the problem.
    now you're just spamming this thread and bash these people cause of the douche you are, we understood that you're one of those that sees fluffy kittens and rainbows but don't act like this.

on topic:
    the 4gameservice.exe autoruns at startup and is messing with the disk, cpu and memory usage throughout the whole pc even without having the l2 started.

19. Intrepid

Intrepid User

this is how you people want an answer?jesus most of you just crying and telling lies. if you want proper bugreports than go on with proper information not with "me game no run fix it or you **** i go to ncwest fix it" because right now thats what happens.

and by the way my 4games starts automated too and never messed with the disk/cpu/memory usage it uses a huge amount of 6mb memory and 0 cpu...

here for example 1 of the issues i had with another pc...

game install button doesnt appear => cleaned up the pc install button there fine download done install freeze out with ms visual c++ error okay deleting all of them start again fixed.
    install done download slowly but done
    play button starts critical error => driver recheck critical error gone
    ingame frame rate issues at some places => alt+p rechecking ingame visual options and voila issues solved

and that was before the staff made the topics about issues and how to solve them...point i try to make is you guys should think before talk every game is different but you cant realize that. innova have a client way different than what ncwest uses so they need to adjust the new client to whats needed to be done. and sorry if windows xp users have issues using a 11 year old operating system is an issue itself. when the game doesnt start always look into your system 1st if something is messing with the game not the server because a servers issues are common issues. what you guys say right now would be like this if it would be a server side error.

lets say kamaloka...the majority play kamaloka properly and have no problems at all, and now comes the other side of the players who say kamaloka dont work kamaloka bugged or whatever else. thats an impossible server side error. yes the client have weakpoints which they alredy said they work on so cut the **** and help them with it instead of repeating the same issue over and over and over and over and over.

if you got offended whatever i could care less if you guys cant run a game which the majority can with your super pro pcs than run every game smoothly...

20. Kitami

Kitami User

ofc. there are ppl that don't come with conclusive information but don't go accusing ppl of false info w/o valid proof, i didn't make up that dxdiag cause i wanted to post out fake info.
    in my case i just mentioned that on ncw i could've run 2 clients at maxed out details but that's all i was just pointing out that i was running the same game but different clients and that there might be something from the client, launcher or frost.
    when a game works fine somewhere and elsewhere horrible on the same pc i don't think is a pc rig related problem anymore.
    it's not your job to take action and bash the users, innova has staff let them handle the problems, ask user for a more detailed info a dxdiag w/e etc.
    and yea indeed there are some crybabies around but ignore those let them be what they can do, post>cry>rage>leave>jump off a bridge?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.