1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Feedback concerning Launch of the Game

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Zodiac, Feb 21, 2012.

?

How do you rate our Game Launch?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2012.
  1. Great

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Good

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Satisfactory

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. Poor

20 vote(s)
    30.8%
  5. Bad

24 vote(s)
    36.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zodiac

Zodiac User

fellow users,

tell us what we can improve concerning game launch.

thank you!

2. Pinko

Pinko User

i don`t like it. for example if game crashes because of mumble`s overlay - when i log in again even if i stop the 4game app and open the 4game page again i still get the account is already in use message and normally i`d click okay retype my acc and pass and login again, tough now i have to relaunch the whole thing (frost included) and tbh it is slowing everything a lot. isn`t there a way that we can launch frost and keep it launched even if game closes -and then close it when we`re done (only if the lineage2 client is closed) if that is possible for the tech team it`ll be nice.
    i don`t know what to choose it`s bad because i don`t like it but it`s not ok for me to just say it`s bad cuz i think so so i`ll take poor , not even close to satisfactory for me.

3. chmurkins

chmurkins User

game launch is realy bad. 30% of attempts ends with crash, and because of logging by site it could take several minutes to get in to the game.
    login site could be little more attractive than this. maybe some game info on site and some good texture to make logging more enjoyable.

4. Xodius

Xodius User

i don't have any problems with logging into game, so this type of launching the game is good for me. only the web-site could be better/prettier and the navigation could be more instinctive.

5. Hidrica

Hidrica User

if we have pa will be nice to make some system to directly log the 2nd acount from our account, i mean without delog the main page an option telling "log 2nd acount" then you introduce acc+pswd and log the client

6. Ronove

Ronove User

one of the best changes to l2 client was in interlude, that if you got d/c you'd go back to login screen and relogin. that takes ~20s after you d/c. with this launcher you can get this up to 2-3min. if you have to type your password on website (and sometimes it bugs for me and i have to login more than once). then load the client.

and if you're dualboxing a non-pa account, you'll need to log off it to log a pa account...

7. MinDiuse

MinDiuse User

the is a really big problem with adding the second password - if you forget it is really difficult to change it , almost impossible to figure out without having support :) you should make the system to change the second password - one click send to mail :)

8. McCintosh

McCintosh User

i do not know i am writting here or i need to writte somewhere else. i can not start the game, because on starting the game the gameguard is showing 2 tables. 1 errorcode=153 (gameguard is broken please reinstal it. how to do it? i reinstaled all game 3 times already) other table is errorcode=610. how to fix this problem? please explane it.

9. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

you need to submit you issue to our technical section here - technical issues

regards.

10. lisail

lisail User

horrible!no events,day 1 was a nightmare,aria was launched too late,problems with ss.as you can see the launch was a catastrophe!

11. Hidrica

Hidrica User

as i said loging of 2nd acount has to many steps atm!!!

a great solution will be log when you click play button i mean introduce login and pwd when you click play :d then its faster than log -> play -> delog -> log-> play

12. Graav

Graav User

innova's game launcher is so bad, i don't know where to start.

in order to launch the game / log-in / relog to another account, you need to have your internet browser open, which is consuming computer resources for no good reason, therefore slowing down the entire game-starting process.

firefox with just the main site on (with all the flashy bling blong stuff showing here and there) uses around 110 mb of memory. so in order to start playing, you have a browser on, you have frost launching at the same time, and you on top of that, your pc is also loading the game. it takes around 5 mins each time to start the game, then tab out to shut down the resource-consuming browser, then go back ig.

all that, combined with the fact that the game will fail to launch about 50% of times due to some weird c++ error, and the fact that people with pa who want to dualbox their pa account need to first log-off their non-pa account, launch the game with their pa account, then dualbox with the non-pa account, and you have an insanely time consuming game launching process which devastates people with low-spec pcs (fyi this game is 8 years old, i shouldn't need a nasa supercomputer to play this game), resulting in alot of unhappy customers, while all that could be fixed with just using the traditional log-in ingame screen.

13. BadAss

BadAss User

+1 to that

why doesn't innova use the standard game login screen? frost? well, you have a tech team, right? tell them to figure it out and find a solution!

14. Etherial

Etherial User

the login through web is ok for me, only thing i dont like is as said above that if u crash/dc or anything u get the already logged in msg and u have to restart everyhting. and yes the 2nd client process takes too long.

15. DaevaPain

DaevaPain User

this login method is bad for 99% of users that is the reality but we cant change it

16. NoLimits

NoLimits User

+1 for complains about login process.
    at first i thought it could be good because different login process could reduce bots. i was naive i must admit.
    instead we have:

-very long login process,
    -issue with having to log pa first. (idk why it have to be "first", is that hard to script it in way: if first window is non-pa than do not let you open other window unless its pa?)
    -5 months long excuses about "4game base not compatible with mentoring"

regards

17. TakeItEasy

TakeItEasy User

game launcher is terribad,seriously,
    too much time to login,
    and too many compatibility problem(i.e. i canot use firefox in any way,tested everythingbut "play" tab never appear only always "install",only internet explorer works).

18. St0ne

St0ne User

+1 for that

far, far too long to log in...sometimes i even abandon an idea to play l2 bcoz of that looong loging process.. ;)
    very often ive to refresh browser to bring your web on.
    pa useres have right also about this silly re-loging ****.

19. Hidrica

Hidrica User

u didn't give a **** about any feedback post, why they are still here? :d

20. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

dear members,

this poll is now being closed and archived and a fresh poll will be opened in the near future so we can keep a better overview of up to date feedback.

regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.