1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Awakening setup

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by BaroZ., Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaroZ.

BaroZ. User

hi guys,
    i'm level 76 phoenix knight atm, but thanks to good farming spots and a couple of lucky drops + academy rp sell, i managed to buy full s grade gear (ic+fb+hd+some tate - i've rather toi and academy rings) and most of r-grade stuff (immortal heavy set and requiem cutter).
    on my way to 85, i heard gold mostly come from daily quests, since best level-up hunting grounds don't give that much gold (den of evil gives twice the exp of silent vally but 1/3 gold), and also quests skip some part of gold farming, so now i should spend my money in best way possible, since i won't have like "2nd chance". atm i have 10m spared, and what i tought would be 1st step is r-grade armor unsealing-specialization, so here it comes my questions:

-is it better offensive or defensive one? some might say it depends on playstyle, but i guess there must be some general answer, i mean, tanks are meant to tank, so they have skillset and passives and so on to do that, therefore gear could be quite offensive, to balance their weak dmg output; on the other way, it could also be like tanks are meant to tank, no matter the damage, the more they live, the best it is, therefore +str, +patk and +crtdmg are useless (still very low dmg) and would be better more resistance.

taking it into practice, i would say 2 options are:
    -offensive immortal set + focus cutter vs
    -defensive immortal set + health cutter.

i would also consider jewelry: for now it is ok a little less mdef for bonuses toi ring gives (looks like enhanced aq at lv 10), but what about awakening? i can see all territory wars jewels give more mdef than standard jewels, and also olympiads ones, but it takes very long time to get them. also epics are quite awesome, but still it's not the very 1st choice one can have, so what would the best thing be?

let's talk about dyes: in god they are freaking expensive, what's the best way to get them, and ofc which ones are the best? i'd say +con is quite necessary, also speed and crit are good on tanks, still i should give away some damage; should i maybe aim to greater ones, so i don't get any reduction? what's the best combination?

last, but not least, forgotten scrolls: 8 skills from books, the cheapest of which costs 1m, most of others about 5, one or two aren't even available from auctioner. what do i really need, how to invest my adenas?

2. Kurai

Kurai User

1 advice from me is forget about forgotten scrolls ^^, you lose those skills after awakening anyway.

3. Eska

Eska User

yet after awakening, even if you didn't learn protections from fs's and stuff, you will still get them automatically. fighters will might help you with leveling since you are a tank and you miss some dps during solo grind.

4. BaroZ.

BaroZ. User

thanks for (partial :p ) answers, i have to say you saved me a lot of money, i would have bought soon (i guess i will still get fw, very very handy).

there is one more thing i forgot to ask: after awakening, what skills will i lose, what will i keep and what will i acquire?
    i know ud and sof will be improved, but i hope i will still have vengeance; my tribunal won't get any upgrade, if im not mistaken, but i hope il can always use it; im kind of tanky healer, sacrifice and divine blessing will stay there; my beloved tol won't be changed.
    to sum up, all skills sigel knights get from awakening update, which can be found in god patchnotes, won't be the only ones sigel knights will have, just the ones shared among them?

5. molochpope

molochpope User

imo u should go for defensive setup cause if u die -> all everyone in pt die or pr..
    forget of dmg output.. dd will care about that

6. Eska

Eska User

in this new chronicle, if you want to make your tank as an dps and stuff - your party will suffer a lot. now, as a tank, you need as much p. def as u can get, your role in pvp will be to drag ppl to you with your skill and let party dps them while you are stunning target.

7. BaroZ.

BaroZ. User

so you are saying that, despite what it could be previously with flame icon or pain of shillen, now tanks are what tanks are actually born to be: tanks, or, as i love calling them, meatshields. i really like this, it's quite a surprise i have to say, since usually games evolve into more offensive gameplays, i actually prefer running like madman into enemy party, controlling them the hardest i can while tanking sh1tloads of damage, and possibly come back and tell my children how tough i was!
    but no one answered andother important doubt i had: from awakening on, which skills will i mantein, which will i lose, which will i get?

8. Eska

Eska User

hmm, i'm not quite sure, you will lose some skills automatically, after you will finish awakening patch. rest of skills you will exchange by yourself in default skill window. i know that tanks liked to leave deflect magic or something like this. there might be skills that you would like to keep instead of exchanging them after awakening. find some topics on internet, there are probably a lot of materials about it.

what i found about tanks, what ppl like to keep instead of exchanging (its for da, but yea, you will need to do the research anyway):
    dark avenger: reflect damage + shield deflect magic (until 99 lvl, when spike shield can be enchanted on +time, constant 20% reflect are much better, than periodic 50% reflect)

but its up to you, if you want to keep it or no.

9. Kurai

Kurai User

here's a list of your new skills, sorted by level sigel knight. in regards what you get after awakening (initialised old skills) i know there are lists somewhere but my google skills are failing me atm :p

regards.

10. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Global moderator

11. BaroZ.

BaroZ. User

with this you mean i will lose sacrifice and divine blessing, for example? they might not be that decisive, but sometimes i used to see tank healing during oly, for example.
    also vanguard has gone in any way, along with fighter's will, which is actually quite a loss for pve; on the other hand, if im not mistaken i will get like 10str from superior passives, quite a good exchange.

12. Pinko

Pinko User

you have imba damage skils on higher lvls - skill has more power that any mage would ream of. you had a 3 skill combo or smth that`s really ******

go defensive, do not get any dyes before you awaken - that will be a waste of money since you have new type of dyes after awakening

13. BaroZ.

BaroZ. User

actually, vanguard boosts offensive stast itself, plus boost morale gives even more stat boost, i wasn't thinking about skill dmg, just simple autoattack (i know its useless in pvp, but i was wondering how am i supposed to level up from 85 on when tank become tanky and lose dps). no more solo i guess.

14. Pinko

Pinko User

groups all the way. after 85 accept nursery and swamp there isn`t really a spot that someone will go solo - i mean there are a lot of spots for groups that have better xp and drops and you can`t go there w/o a tank.

15. Eska

Eska User

to be fair, there is no such spots to good grind solo after 85 where u can get decent money. after 85 is all kinda party stuff.

16. Eska

Eska User

hello,

due to no interest in this thread i'm moving it to archive.
    you can find there all moved and closed threads.
    if thread was moved there, and it shouldn't be closed yet, please pm me to move it back to the branch.

best regards,
    piotr 'eska' kostro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.