1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Is multi-boxing a must? or?

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Hemigidius, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemigidius

Hemigidius User

hello everybody,

i'll be joining the ranks of the crappy footsoldiers who know nothing anymore lineage2.
    give my best shot at it and hope to have lots of fun with all of you.
    my only experience is playing the american beta. and some private servers ages ago.

yet i stil have lots of questions. but the main concern...
    one thing was always pretty clear. no buffs, no fun.

is it adviced to dual box right from the start with a buffer following you?

and if so what shoud i drag behind my spellsinger?

kind regards
    hemi

2. Vivinia

Vivinia User

just for your information, you can dualbox only with premium account. if you want to bypass it, you will need to launch second client on another pc/laptop.

about partner for an sps - take se, buffs + recharge.

and you should level up those chars solo till 20, then start a party and continue doing the chain quests with both of them.

3. Hemigidius

Hemigidius User

wow thx for the fast reply!

a second pc shoudent be a problem. and hell maybe its even possible to run a second lineage2 in a virtual machine at the same time. who knows^^
    but i'm actualy concidering a pa account. but wont there become a huge exp difference between the pa account , and the one you are dual boxing?

so what you are trying to say its pretty much a must?
    why wait until lvl 20 , whats the reasing behind that?
    and se? really? isnt that more a main healing class? more usful then dances, songs, prophet etc?

4. Vivinia

Vivinia User

no problem!

well, you get twice more exp with pa, so there could be some problems with keeping both chars on par, but you can kill mobs 10 levels higher than you are and still get exp so it won't mater that much.

with god you don't need to grind like before, at least not on lower levels. from 1 till 21 you make a chain of quests - i takes around 30 minutes and you just wander from npc to npc, killing few mobs in between. so boxing two chars would take more time, than just making the quests first with main and then second char. after 21 level in mosts quests you need to kill tons of mobs, so the other char will still get q items with you in party -> profit.
    as a nuker you really need mana recharge or else you will need to sit every few minutes. mage+se is the best combo. and se is a buffer class, with few heals and most important - mp recharge.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
  5. helerazz

helerazz User

ee best for him by far ...every good player knows that :))

6. Hemigidius

Hemigidius User

haha i dont belong to that every good player devision ^^, thats why it probably sounds like the most stupidest question ever :p

and i guess i do remember having to sit down more then actualy farming if i recal correctly.

thanks both of you for your advice!

7. Sp00ky

Sp00ky User

please do elaborate on that ......
    why ee over se as a buffpet ?

8. MaoMao

MaoMao User

it shouldnt be needed to box. that was necessary in nc servers because of extremely low online, or for legits that didnt want to get in bot parties since those were 80%.
    now it shouldnt be needed, besides it looks harder, the times of melee parties in gc where i could run 5 clients at times (tho usually only 2) and 3 wolves are kinda over.
    it is gonna be much more crowded also, if you are not sharp, you will get killed in "wars" or even by special pk chars which can easily kill boxes.
    i was a master-boxer, but i think that is in the past. welcome to a true mmo !
    m

9. Hemigidius

Hemigidius User

mhm i know there wil be other people, but boxing for the sake of having a buffer, not have a full group farm team or something :p

if i understand the explanation. i'll probably lvl faster with a se running behind me. then doing it on my own xd

10. MaoMao

MaoMao User

i seriously doubt that. the bonus for duo is 10%. the bonus for full party is 100%. you get double exp per vita point, so, no, full party is the way for fast level.
    m

11. zsemle

zsemle User

i really hope that along with the private server people (no flaming, im from there aswell) doesn't come the bad habits which very kinda neccessary if you wanted to play this game.
    this is a multiplayer game, it was not built for solo play, and to be honest it really ****s if you play it like that anyway.

don't make alts, make friends.

12. Hemigidius

Hemigidius User

seems a lot of mixed opinions and feelings. i would also prefer playing with friends and party members.
    but i somehow feel afraid that not many wil actualy play a buffer. and the ones that do would charge you outrages prices for a few buffs.
    thats where my thought came from to just drag one buffer behind me to atleast have that ^^

13. escalibran

escalibran User

you dont need a box, only if you're looking to hardcore away.

if you are going to casually whack a few (thousand, by lineage standards) mobs a day with friends, why dont you just have 1 or 2 guys play supports for real.

personally, i'm looking to gimp away with 2 other really old l2 buddies. at this number, we're looking to host 4 or 5 characters: dds, cov and a bd or sws.
    if we find 1 or 2 more we will probably play everything live and outperform any nonbotted boxing party with same or higher numbers (as max is only 7 now anyway)

of course, if you're starting alone you will have a harder time. supporters are the randoms most needed, everybody wants to play dd and so random parties are hard to get into as dd.
    but having to sit every couple minutes as nuker is overstating things. with herbs, you can usually grind through in spite of lacking some buffs which are only available through enchanters and supporters.
    if you are really afraid of downtime and only play 1 toon, take a spellhowler and have fun spamming corpse life drain and body to mind.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
  14. Killhoven

Killhoven User

i have tried out sps and can tell you sh is best way to go. simply because it can turn hp into mp and there should be no remarkable downtime with mp herbs. human is in middle with effectiveness.

15. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

thread moved to appropriate section as this is more of a discussion.

16. DevilHealer

DevilHealer User

no point in dual boxing since it just halves ur xp.. you can just buy iss buffs in town at higher levels like veryone else.

17. Alarielle

Alarielle User

why don't you use an overlord instead of a se ?

okay it won't recharge you, but you have the mp herbs, and when you are left without mp you can just switch and nuke with ol's drains (also ol has berserker buff).

as for buffs you can use the emp 1 from the npc until you get to lvl 76, so the only issue is getting from 76 to 77, since at lvl 77 ol get's empower. (quest you way to 77, dailies+seven signs+....).

this way you can have the best buffs at lvl 85 (ol -> iss )
    the other way you can have average buffs at lvl 85 (se -> aeroe) and a recharger.

you choose :)

18. Gilby

Gilby User

this would be 300% more efficient.

19. Etherial

Etherial User

we'd like to inform you that this topic is being closed, since it is inactive, and is being archived, as planned.

kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.