1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Game Translation to Languages except english..

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by XeNDeR, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XeNDeR

XeNDeR User

all here are from greece/ poland/ lithuania / bulgaria etc etc.. we will never see a ****** or a german or a turkish or whatever this language is this you translate to !
    leave the language to default english and launch game :) ..

so..i want to know why you translate to those noob non-existing in europe languages? especially turkish.. wtf .. turks are too idiots to use a pc :x

2. Apophis

Apophis User

i saw some germans till now but never a turk player. but i think it has to do something with their position in eu (gaming comunity in general) cause for example there are many many ro lineage2 players but we never got any attention as a gaming comunity.

3. darky

darky User

dudes not everyone can read or write or whatever in english some ppl dont want to read write in engish too
    so whats the point? let them do their job dont start whinning from now

4. XeNDeR

XeNDeR User

sure ye... some germans.. its a very small amount or just a small amount .. why translate the whole game to some 100 people or so?

i think that's all meaningless ..

5. Shabutaro

Shabutaro User

he's correct.. i am from germany but i will never play l2 in german oo everything sounds like sh** lol.. i bet if me make a poll in what language we play it's gonna be 95% english and some trolls.. well i am a little hater of germans who want everything they do to be in german.. (especially anime's with german sub/dub... it sounds so much like ****...)

sorry if i offend someone..

6. XeNDeR

XeNDeR User

im not whinning.. i want to see your opinions about this subject..

7. Apophis

Apophis User

90% will play the game in english but i understand that for the future players it's a good thing to have the posibility to play the game in their native languages

8. hachre

hachre User

i'm also german and i couldn't care less about a native language port. these things only matter for serious mass market launches. if they have something like that in mind i also expect to see 40 servers...

9. XeNDeR

XeNDeR User

that's right ... who wants to play l2 in german or ****** or indonessian...

oh my goss people.. we are already in 2012 .. it's too lame not to know the english language..

10. Saku

Saku User

i'm spanish but i don't see it necessary to translate l2 to any other language than english, i mean, are you gonna read all those really long quest logs when l2 is more grind-based than quest-based? no way!

11. darky

darky User

i dont really care if they translate into greek or sumerian its same for me (personally i dont wanna see l2 in greek because it will be an epic fail to see spellsinger translated to τραγουδοχορευτης)
    right now we need to pts to see what classes suits us

12. XeNDeR

XeNDeR User

that's right..

13. darky

darky User

well god isnt really a grind expansion any more since 1-85 can be done by quest in hours as koreans proved

14. Schmeisser

Schmeisser User

in short....
    if we take russia for example..there`s about 50% ******* that dun speak english but play l2.
    percent in rest of eastern european countries could be pretty much same or even higher...but they dun have l2 on their language so they dun play.
    as for west european countries...pretty much everyone speaks eighter english,german or spanish.so instead of dutch,italian or f-rech (rofl this is censored) translate game to romo,greek,lt...
    another option is massive advertising campaign in countries that u already translated l2 and that could potentially hold many l2 players...

15. Shabutaro

Shabutaro User

well i don't care.. but i definitely will never play l2 with "schwertsà¤nger"(sws) "schwerttà¤nzer"(bd) "zaubersinger"(sps) "zauberschreier"(sh) or "iss zaubermeister" "yr-bogenmeister" or some more crappy translations..

16. Kem

Kem User

i'm from spain... and i wouldn't play this game in spanish... for sure!! and i know most of the spanish player think the same than me... xd

17. XeNDeR

XeNDeR User

i don't like either the translations to greek.. english ftw

i hope they dont lose time from translating to the no-need languages

18. EndeverafteR

EndeverafteR User

i agree there is no need for translation.

19. Shabutaro

Shabutaro User

best solution so far: first use english clien tonly and add other languages with patches oder addons or other clients :)

20. HuggyBear

HuggyBear User

more languages = more players

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.