1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Game Translation to Languages except english..

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by XeNDeR, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john

john User

yes turkish is lol...and no like greek i think turkish vs greek is like 5%-95%

2. Narutoboy

Narutoboy User

look i'm not trying to support anyone or look unpatriotic but turkish gamers have increased a lot over the last few years. there are many guilds and random players in many games. i don't think they're a minority. sure, greek l2 players are more than the turkish but it doesn't really matter, does it?

3. Zorben

Zorben User

i don't mind to play this in english, but i can't understand why do they translate it in other languages like polish or turkish and not the 3rd most spoken languange (spanish), remember that it's not only spain but south america who will come to eu servers, you will find a lot of them.

4. KramerMcBarett

KramerMcBarett User

i speak french but i have seen the translations of the classes on lineage2.eu and it's just horrible. personnaly, i prefer play l2 in english but a lot of people don't speak or don't understand enough english and it would be nice if each person could choose his/her own language.

but it would nice to have some english-only servers too...

i lol'd when i read "gardien du clair de lune" instead of "moonlight sentinel"... =))

5. SilverShine

SilverShine User

yes please leave it to english - fix it - do something launch it you are losing people!

6. Sayha

Sayha User

100% no.

why because some items will change name and it will be difficult to use the shop search function is happening at least in l2.ws which is half russians.

plus i won't play the game even when it's on my mother language, i already hate users talking in another language, specially hero/shout/trade chat.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
  7. hedjaz

hedjaz User

well tbh these issues are mainly with pt/ br / south americans and spanish people .

8. yodaime

yodaime User

the point of this is to make l2 attractive to potential new players, who got no clue about l2 and it'll be easier for them to learn/play the game in their native language.

9. MinDiuse

MinDiuse User

easter europeans knows english better than any dude from spain/italy - except poland - don't know why . and yes greeks lithuanian poles and romanians has really huge lineage sociaties , but there aren't enouth comercial for them . the only real reason why the game is translated to those languages is because those countries has higher gdp. but to be honest all gamers know english.

10. Voldemort

Voldemort User

translating to other lng - its wery hard. lot of game abbreviation and specific text, gifferent text length on different lng.
    translation into other languages ​​causes many problems.
    and where will these people communicate? in what language they write in a support? 90% of the players - the english language as they will communicate?

have you thought about this before creating this topic?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
  11. Sayha

Sayha User

that's ********, years ago when i started on l2 i didn't know either english, look now most likely i did learn it via online games, watching movies and listening to music. obviously school was a big plus for dem grammars.

12. Summer_Rous

Summer_Rous User

i lol'ed ;););)

13. zapatasg

zapatasg User

still most of l2 population are greeks and russians...whats left? we are in europe so its greek i don't see any greek anywhere....also when i greek sees "turkish" leanguage in europian server is going mad....are u trying to make a server with 200 people?

14. Etherial

Etherial User

please dont be rude to other members and yes , when we dont know.

15. 1tm

1tm User

more detailed info about upcoming versions will be announced next year in january. french localization may be first or last in order (de fr pl tr it es nl), small gap can mean few weeks or months. best scenario: 1st in order, and may be released in same january month. worst scenario: 7th in order, localazation will take at least year.

16. Apophis

Apophis User

dear chocoborouge,

our latest official info about this matter sounds like this :

"innova has also confirmed their plans to release localized versions of lineage ii, with a complete service offering including native language player support and community management.
    the first two localized versions are planned for release early next year."

so as 1tm said best case scenario is somewhere in january perhaps.

17. Anesispl

Anesispl User

my english is poor. i am pleased that the l2 will be in polish, but that will be the choice of language? i prefer to play on the english version, but i can not understand the partition with such things as skilelub a difficult quest, giving the locations where silent on the map or arrows. translation of this would have helped many people.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
  18. Blashaq

Blashaq User

imo the best would be

to translate just descriptions of skills/quests/items, n leave the names of classes and items in english.

19. Intrepid

Intrepid User

if they do its a fine bonus for some players its a necessary to use option for all of us.

20. darky

darky User

i think you guys are asking too much dont you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.