1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Game Translation to Languages except english..

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by XeNDeR, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaoAsakura

HaoAsakura User

i think that the best option localization lineage 2 players would preostavlenie vozmozhnostiispolzovat interface in their native language, as well as description of the skills transfer snadit character ... maybe the quest description and dialogue with the npc. with regard to communication in the game and assign nicknames to characters, the golden mean in solving this problem, in my opinion, is the use of english.

2. XeNDeR

XeNDeR User

you see greeks in private servers where u play.. most here are polish/lithuanian .. greeks are just 20 people counted in hands until they get out of priv servers..

3. darky

darky User

only idiots will go mad because innova putted turkish at the site..is just a game dont try to flame

4. HaoAsakura

HaoAsakura User

the greeks are very strong players. their coming into play on european servers lineage 2 will make the process more dynamic and interesting.

5. Gusar

Gusar User

im glad that innova translating game. finaly no stupid questions on shout etc.

6. rusha

rusha User

i support larger wariety of languages in games but online gaming is different. community needs to communicate(!). in that case one language is better and for all europe it would be english. so you have a point. but "turks are too idiots to use a pc"... cmon now... grow up.
    we born as a human, geneticaly identical. you cannot offence to whole folk, because they haven't born in europe neither being muslims nor for the history. i dont like it too when i see a young turkish boy who is experiencing his first boner, spitting "f" word over the internet without understanding a word in english. but hey thats not my problem, thats not racial and i know still there are great people out there to play with. we are not 80million usame bin ladens trying to look like europeans with 50 iq. i can understand that false advertisement on your history books and i cant say ours are completly true but i know myself at least. i know my friends and my country. your hate because of history that you never experienced is kinda stupid imo. can you say all the german people are perpetrators of genocide because of what happend to jewish people in world war?
    if your language is not supported in the game go fight for it and i'm the first supporter of you. but "if i won't get support so they shouldn't" idea is kinda childish.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  7. hardcorebaby

hardcorebaby User

i play l2 since c3 and i just couldnt stand the trananslation of l2 in 100% to my language (pl).

i think the good option is to have the choice what is translated and what stays in english, for example: leave some main words in english (like names of the skills/items/npc/locations), but translate the descriptions and dialogs. items/skills/locations may have the translation in the brackets after/under the main word (like warehouse [magazyn]). it would be good for new players and would help them understanding shouts and general communication.
    innova should think about the sence of translating all without such choices.

personally i dont need polish client. if it existed translated in 100%, i wouldnt use it because that would be ... omg i event cant find the word.... horrible. but having the translation of diaglogs would be interesting :)

8. M3phy

M3phy User

noone ever complained about lineage 2 to be translated in other languages but in english, no idea why to do it now.

9. Arcain

Arcain User

to attract more people. there's no reason not to do it since you can freely choose your client language after all.

10. Adamaris

Adamaris User

well, i think many people doesn't know english therefor i'm good with having the client in other languages to make more people play the game...but, people who doesn't speak english can take it as free english lessons as well playing the game in english, i mostly learned it myself by playing/reading stuff in english or watching movies.

people who wants it in their main language exclusively to play usually form guilds for their own nationality only, speak in their own language in chat, and have some sort of "hate" for the english players from my own experience. i've seen lot of spanish/latin players (i'm spanish myself btw) say stuff like..."look! a guiri/gringo! let's kill/annoy him!" rolf, it's just quite pathetic to read that kind of "racism" when playing a game.

11. rusha

rusha User

thread owner using racist words. 2nd post made by mod. thread goes 5 pages. nothing happens...
    how the f... i can attract attention here?

european people are dumb!! espacially greek people are the dumbest!

is it gonna work..? heyoo mods! attention pls!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
  12. Fenris

Fenris User

they are not dumb ... they just dont know math and are poor at economic :)

btw u seen this - it is greek watcher :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vayucbe-zts&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
  13. Perun

Perun User

how's the "economic crisis" ?? stupid greek is talking about other nations.. trolls of europe

14. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

dear members,

please try to keep on topic and not turn this into a flame war between countries. thank you.

15. Perun

Perun User

so ban xender for being racist.

16. darky

darky User

and you arent a racist?

17. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

dear members

please keep this discussion on topic otherwise we will have no option but to close the thread. thank you.

perun we will deal with any reports, please be patient with us.

18. Jayrock

Jayrock User

you want to troll us. correct ur 100 to 300~400 :)
    btw i asked the same question before. there a staff said in jan~feb some translations will come. and yes. german too

edit: look here https://forum.4game.com/showthread.php?t=477

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  19. Outsider

Outsider User

multilang will be problematic, how to sell something while u have other name of the item? and also, i'm from poland and i'm 100% that real l2 player wont play that game in polish. why? that's easy - name of items sounds childishly.

20. Evangeder

Evangeder User

lineage2 in other languages?

hello!
    i just wonder, every language in lineage2.eu (en de fr pl tr it es nl) will get client in their own language?
    or we will play in english one all the time?

i dont care about this, i know english but im just curious :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.