1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Questions to the developers' team

Discussion in '2011 ~ 2017' started by Fahrenheit, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit User

We are glad to announce a new feature here: The Questions to the Developers’ Team!

Starting from this month you would be able to submit your questions and the best ones would be sent to NCSoft and find their responses.

Feel free to do so in this thread and re-post the ones you find worth being asked!

Yours,

Fahrenheit

2. Gilby

Gilby User

my question would be when they will implement new game engine or l2 will die with current 8 years old egine :d

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
  3. Tazman

Tazman User

when new game engine which support more than one core etc. ?

4. Hax

Hax User

+1 to new game engine

5. jahoo

jahoo User

why mages and archers are so weak after harmony update, and in tauti all people will reroll to other classes. what is your plans to increase mages and archers power?

6. NoNiNá

NoNiNá User

for pure curiosity >> what is the reason for delete any way to obtain elegia items after god?

7. .MinDiuSe.

.MinDiuSe. User

when new engine?

8. Armadilo

Armadilo User

hello dear users and admins
    i still wonder how could i fail with enchant of 10 pieces of apocalypse retributter. normal chance of enchanting is 66% of success. all failed 3/4 - 9 bound and 1 full item. none of my attempts were succesfull. my clanmate have also failed 3 retributters, the other failed 5. my question will be if innova is official server or some kind of prive with ncsoft acceptation. please remove just 1 item from l2 store - weapon type enchance backup stone. it is kind tricky about usig such items on official server.
    regards

9. Pinko

Pinko User

what will be to the game engine in tauti? is it possible to tweak it more for better preformance(i mean is that the maximum they can get out of the current engine) or lineage 2 is not currently important to nc korea(having in mind lineage eternal, gw2 and probably other games).

/about question(s) being formal - well i suppose that innova staff that will send the questions will correct them so :) we can ask only 1 question or ?

10. Nyweris

Nyweris User

hi ncsoft,

i have concern on few thing about l2 you recently done. like nerfing vampiric buf, but leaving reflect damage passive/active bufs overpowered, or giving opportunity for one awakened class to use attribute system from 85lvl while others have to wait for 99lvl. so i would like to know on what feedbacks and thinking it was done like that and if you think to change it in future?

sincerely,

nyweris

11. Desdenova

Desdenova User

enormous amounts of text incoming! take cover!

i have a couple of questions for our beloved dev team.

dear lineage 2 developers,

it has been a lot of years since my favorite game's release. when i first started exploring the world of lineage 2, during chronicle 1, i saw it was enormous. people understood how huge the game world was much better, back then, because most players couldn't afford to use the gatekeeper network frequently. walking from the elven village (which, to this day, along with the surrounding forest and plains, is my most favorite area, in any game, ever) to the town of giran would really make one respect and praise the people, that sat down and programmed and designed this magnificent world with such great detail. the years passed and with every new content update the world kept getting bigger and bigger, amazing me even more with its new greater size. as it is obvious to everyone, this fad hasn't stopped yet and the size that the world of lineage 2 has reached has exceeded everyone's expectations. it's a while now that one has to be the master of patience to travel the world on foot. i don't think anyone has tried to conquer that feat in the last few years. does the dev team still contain people that had actively participated in the development of the prelude or first chronicle? if so, did those people, at the time, think that the map they created back then would grow to this world of legendary proportions that we know now? did they believe that it could reach this size, from the start, or has their creation exceeded their expectations as well?
    also relevant to the above: when the development of the game started, were things designed so that enlarging the world and enriching it with tons of new content regularly would be easy? did the developers have already in mind how much they wanted their world to grow and then just changed their minds and kept expanding it? as i already said above the game has grown to be of legendary proportions and i want to thank all developers, old and new, for all their super-hard work and dedication all these years. all lineage 2 players appreciate what you have done for them.

we <3 you. keep being awesome!

since the opportunity to ask the dev team questions directly must be very rare, i cannot pass on asking two more naive questions even though i can already guess the answers. so, bear with me a little more please :)
    i don't even know if this idea has ever been popular through the lineage 2 community (i doubt it) but me and a lot of my friends often catch ourselves reminiscing about the old chronicles of lineage 2 where we passed our adolescence and hoping that at some point in the future we will get again the chance to play the game as it was back then. we are all dreaming of a server that would not offer all those benefits to new characters and players so that one will have to grind around the now-unpopulated and forgotten starting areas as well as the regions around gludin, gludio and dion. it was so great, back then, that the, full of ol mahums, abandoned camp, the bee hive, the region outside kruma tower, the neutral zone, the elven fortress and the forgotten temple were full of patient grinding players and hopeful raid parties. couldn't modifying, by you guys, the current game data give us a server, alongside the current ones, that will be of this custom, lets say it "hardcore", gametype? all new features of the last content updates would still be available. it's just that the players will have to grind from the start all the way up to them, tasting the unique gameplay of the old lineage 2 on their way there. i think that such a server would have great appeal on people that play l2 since then or people that gave up l2 some time ago and i believe that it would be very successful if managed correctly. the way the game is now all the gameplay of levels 1-60 is lost, due to all those newbie-assistance things, and it is this part of the game that i enjoyed and miss the most. i just want to know if i should keep hoping for such a server, even though its very unlikely it will happen, or should i give up on the dream right now because there is absolutely no chance of it coming true?

and my final question (phew...) has to do with linux. it is a fact that most versions of lineage 2 worked fine under wine (which is a program to run .exe files on linux), without any major bugs and errors, if they were configured correctly. of course the problem of speed was always there, as it is on most emulators (even though wine is not exactly an emulator). it is, also, a fact that the linux community is crazy about games that work natively on their platform. my question is, given how easily l2 runs under wine, how hard and resource consuming of a task would developing a native linux version of the game be? i have no idea and that's why i'm asking.

okay that was all. not an awful lot of questions eh?
    excuse me for that wall of text that i threw on you, but these questions have been sitting on my mind for a few years at least and asking them directly to the developer team was too great an offer to ignore.
    i just want you guys to know (again) that i thank you a lot for your hard work, dedication and love that you have showed lineage 2. without you my favorite game would have never existed and that would be plain sad because it has given me so many happy memories and life lessons. seriously. i grew up with this game, and the same thing can be said by a ton of other people around my age. lineage 2 played a primary role in us becoming who we are today.

thank you all,
    dimitris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

p.s. fellow players, if you find my post and questions interesting please support me by reposting this. i believe that such a great opportunity, to ask questions directly to the dev team, shouldn't be spent in questions regarding the current metagame and the ingame balance or any bugs. these things are also important alright, but discussions about them can be found in numerous posts in all forums regarding lineage 2 already. i am sure the devs are well aware of them. i hope you share my point of view and understand what i am talking about. thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  12. Lilith

Lilith Knight

is l2 going to remove some classes that after awakening implementation became almost useless? like phrophet, for example?

13. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

Pinko you can certainly ask more the one question :) And we ask it to be formal and clear because Innova Staff shouldn't need to guess what question someone is asking and then also they can not assume an incorrect question on that persons behalf :)

Regards.

14. .MinDiuSe.

.MinDiuSe. User

could you ask if they could implee an abilaty to taunt the enemy :)

15. B3lial

B3lial User

here's my question to the devs:

do you consider adding more awakened classes and (if positive) what classes would those be?

16. KONRA

KONRA User

can u do something about castles? they dont have any worth or so low, making sieges so bored.

17. ShorterThan5Characters

ShorterThan5Characters User

social action taunt will be introduced in tauti

18. B3lial

B3lial User

castle system was reworked in tauti update, so castles will no longer be worthless and sieges should be more fun, we just have to wait few more months for this update.

19. SeraN

SeraN User

i would also like to see an answer to this question.

for when a siege without lag, even having a great pc?

another question:

what about the pk system? is it going to be changed, or is it going to stay like this?

20. Hax

Hax User

good set-up awakened prophet can dominate olympiad, it's not useless!

@ontopic:

1. new engine - will be implemented or not?
    2. what bout the huge damage archers for eg. will do at endgame (talking bout 99)? why physical skills get boosted further? what can we expect in tauti - pve or pvp content?