1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Gearing a Wynn

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Taunt, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taunt

Taunt User

Hey guys I had a few Questions on Gearing a Wynn. My goal is a 70/30 split for PvE/PvP focus on the Wynn, so for this I'm focused on PvE mostly, and PvP focused more on Defense than Offence.

I'm wondering on what you think will give me the most 'Bang for my Buck' when gearing, and what gear you would focus on?

My thought on Bang for your buck would go: Weapon > Armor > Brooch > Talisman > Jewels in that order, but you may know better than me.

And for certain Items what would you choose?

Weapon
    - Mage or Fighter SA's?

Jewels
    - Fighter or Mage Jewels, and do jewels really make a big difference on a Wynn, will your pets benefit form this?

Dyes
    - What Dyes would you get? I was thinking CON but maybe this is also wrong thinking.

Dual/Sub Certs
    - What would you go? I was thinkin Crit Rate, Defense, Atk, HP

Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

2. xHaseo

xHaseo User

I'm not a main 'wynn' but for what i know wynns make damage with their marks,and marks are DOT debuff,aaaaaaand their DOT is m.atk based.
    So increase your m.atk and your magic critical rate in order to land criticals on marks often and kill your opponent with just 1 mark ('coz yes,how to balance a game).

Dyes should be INT or WIT (imho),summoner is useless in a mass pvp or in 7vs7,since if their marks are not landing they wont land dmg,and we all know that nowdays a fair 7v7 is with tank+2healers so...

I may give you hints on other stuffs,but i'm not sure if that would be right sooooooo...i wont :p gl finding any decent wynn for a help btw XD

3. cmec1

cmec1 User

gggg.. made me laugh alot..

pure pve monster (raid killing machine better than destro) is wyn with pve retri+++ ofc, everything boosting dmg like on titan (str dyes, light pve set (ofc if have $$ go for pvp 5% patk will not make that much diference), 2 rings crit dmg (1 of them transken since 20% instead of 15) lindvior and so on.. and on each boss need to have patk transform (naviarope best, but there are others too like lilim, zaken etc.) and must have sos with u.. monsters in ru servers kill octavis solo in 1min (2 rapsos) and dont swet about it when tyrrs still need to run alot, and wyns can cheat a bit, 1 sumon on beasts 1on octa itself, and while on sos with dmg transform dmg goes very fast..
    if planing to grind mobs and not raids then bow also with dmg (crit dmg/ patk) sa's since u might need to heal sometimes your sumons u cant stay all the time in transforms and to bring 2 boxes(iss+sos) with u is a luxury

for pvp u mainly making marks dmg, so it can be even requem gun 2sa (both hp preferably)+sigil for pdef

about brooches since u planing to pve focus on ruby/opal, for pvp better focus on def ones +emerald+garnet/tanzanite since shot dmg doesnt rly help on marks (since its dot dmg) and u run with 2 tanks to have more hp for balances

talisman well if u can afford lv4 high grade then ofc go for it, if not hunter still works

dyes - pure pve is str ones, for pvp con/wit conbination

jewels pure dmg since servitor share transfers some crit dmg boosts to sumons (not all 15% but some is better than nothing)and if u have sos with u and all transforms (u can check 1by1 which ones are patk and which are magic) u can be dd yourself, and magic crit jewels dont believe it affects crit dmg from marks (well atleast baium soul+aq soul doesnt affect my isses dot)

this is it - monster sumoner fafmer ^^ gl

Lomyr likes this.
  4. Joshy

Joshy User

If you want pve/pvp with wynn i advice you to go like this

Robe (in magic type) / Retri 2 sa HP/hp+cast / wit dye (x3)
    In term of jewels for a nice setup and not soooo expensive: Coc stun earing / istina earing / soul frit or istina wiz / istina ring wiz / soul QA
    So mage jewels.
    dual/sub certif: Sub go for p.atk / cast / crit and dual go for p.atk/m.atk x4

In terme of brooch (5th slot if possible), you will need sapphire (boost a lots your marks) / ruby (for your pet or ur transfo) / diamand / Obsi / opal.
    In terme of AP: wiz path 4 in m.atk / 2 in m.crit rate / 2 in HP +10% / 2 in p.acu /m.acu (for your hidden skill)
    and in warrior path 4 in p.atk / 2 in p.crit rate

With that setup you will be nice in pve and pvp at the same time, so basicaly what you are looking for a 70/30.

5. Punteria

Punteria User

Hihi everyone :)

Im thinking for my dual remake to Wynn. This pots seem interesting. That about the class into wynns?

Friends told me Elemental (light elf) do more damage. But really, see the ponis with a Human warrior type, seem few... gay :p
    Spectral (dark elf) was my first opcion.

Elf summons give +10/20% critical damage
    Dark efs summons give +10/20% p.atk
    Humans give atk. speed.

Btw, like Im a Yul main, go to use the light set. And will based all in P.atk. Like sub/dual skills, bracalet, P.atk. accesory hair

The question is, too much diference damage between elf and dark elfs Wynns?

6. SnoWyz

SnoWyz User

Obviously go all power. Best for pve is Elemental Master(elf). Str dyes, p ttack/str hat, some retributer with crit dmg/critical chance, etc(or your own bow).

7. Takanodan

Takanodan User

Well deppends on what is your gear and what you want to do with your dual wynn.

Elf should give more damage mostly because now you can share stats from your gear (rings, earings, etc.) to your pet, so you can stack on critical damage and should multiply nicely with the 20% crit damage, not to mention if you keep using the skill elemental rage, at lv 3 I think it also gives some nice crit damage. So if on top of all of this, you can also have someone from your party or even mobs hit you so it procs counter critical (doubles critical damage for 7s).

But if you are going solo without much gear, I guess won't be such a big difference between dark elf and elf. Tbh I'd go with elf anyway for pve.

8. Punteria

Punteria User

Yea, I want full pve. Do kartia in duo, raids boss with few guys. Up faster :) Its just for go level 100 for exalted quet. Also summon friend its always welcome :D

Yea, my bow with +% P.atk and +%critical damage. But friend go to borrow me r-retributer +10, so, np about it

50% of friends told me better for this idea, go to Titan. But the other 50%, told Wynn can do it better.

My problem is Im 80 Titan in sub, so, I need to delete it too >.<

9. SnoWyz

SnoWyz User

Titan is better than wynn.

10. iSTOMPquakez

iSTOMPquakez User

not rly, if summoner is built good for patak

11. cmec1

cmec1 User

just to reach 100 titan is much better.. since u can aoe somewhere(for example from 99 u can aoe gf, not much xp but not sitting in town either, or if u have good gear can aoe gf since 97, and on 99 with pve set can aoe EV).. its more welcome in party to anywhere

@iSTOMPquakez same build for patk goes for titam too (just weapon differs) and titan with same build will allways > summoner in long term

SnoWyz likes this.
  12. cmec1

cmec1 User

u dont need to delete anything, if sub for u is just to reach 100lvl take some class that can solo aoe somewhere.. so its faster to xp.. with wynn u cant do that and that will make your 100 further away
    duo kartia 95 i would prefer titan much better than wyn(talking being iss myself) just because of that nasty rage that kalios have.. and if wynn paper cant heal his sumons during rage it can take forever to kill it cause someones death on kalios rage = 30% hp restored for boss.. not to mention that wynn cant overhit boss at end and iss with his "biggest dmg of the chronicles" makes overhits with maybe +1% of bonus xp

13. Punteria

Punteria User

Oh, you mean I can reset my dual class Othel 95 for Titan 85, and dont need to "delete/change" my sub Titan 80? Or just dont re-awaken my dagger and keep it for Lv100?

Btw, I today tested with Wynn 88, nice stuff r-grade... and cannt duo in K85 :S

With a Titan 85, with nice items r-grade (no talking about weapon +12 blessed 2SA) can finish it without Zellaca beat me? :p

14. cmec1

cmec1 User

with titan its enough to have weapon +4 300 (1-2sa doesnt matter) and 2 rings for crit dmg (1 costs 500kk (aq/baium), 2nd one for free for oly tokens (for 2months) and healer for k85 just to keep u alive.. on k90 u need some armors, or go trio +heal+iss or +1more dd and iss (so iss dont waste all mana healing 1dd))
    ofc on 85 will be hard zelaka but 87+ easy, same goes for k90, k95 whatever class u take without 99(16AP) will be hard duo

yes u can reawaken your dager to titan85, and keep titan 80 as sub..

15. syzgod

syzgod User

Hi all,

My question is how to make my alt Wynn/Yul 100/96 char as much effective as possible def and atk wise. I have Seraph set 120/60, +4 Specter Bow+Focus, STR mask, Octa shirt, Seraph jewels on it. I will exp up the archer to 99 in the future so probably I will get R99 things. At the moment I'm only using for some basic instances and soloing K95 Wynn+ISS, once I hit 97 with the archer then Archer+ISS. I don't have subs 80 nor Brooch and I don't wanna spend trillions on it something like 1b or 2 very max. I'm looking for some cheap but still noticable improvements.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  16. Joshy

Joshy User

Well it depend if you are going for pvp time to time or not, but if yes and with the monney you want to spend, the must is:

Make your sub (free and it improve you char :))
    Brooch: Ruby / diam / obsi level 3 ... if you are lucky wont cost you a lot... (500/700M ?) obsi only if you go pvp
    hunter tali (very cheap atm, like 500M more or less) (only if you go for pvp time to time)
    dye: str+4/cha+3 for your yul mb max 1b5 for the 3 of them i dont know never looked price of those

17. syzgod

syzgod User

Only PVE anyway. Since it's just an alt char I'm not planning to do any PVP. My subs are 76/70 I think at the moment so I have some sub skills.

18. UnknownPower

UnknownPower User

Might/P.atk SA for PvE.
    Mage SA (m.atk, casting speed, m.crits) for PvP.
    Alternatively, HP SA for PvP.

Epic jewels? Depends on your budget.

If you don't have much adena to spare?
    PvE wynn can go with AQ Soul, Oct Warr Ring, Oct Warr Necklace or Normal Valakas, plus some/any earrings.
    PvP wynn can go with AQ Soul, Ist Wiz Ring, Ist Wiz Necklace or Frintezza Soul, plus resist earrings (ceremony earrings or others).

full STR for PvE (and in PvP versus mage-based classes)
    CON/WIT for any PvP (or even INT, due to the recent updates, it is good enough for PvE and very good in PvP)

Dual skill for wynns? Attack, most definitely. Defense and HP only if your dual/main class (tank, healer, iss) needs them. Sub skills can be Attack, Defense, and either Attack/Casting Speed or Crit Rate, depending on what your other (dual/main) class is.

Additionally, brooch jewels? Ruby, opal.

Armour sets? Robe set for a PvP and defensive setup against mage classes and offensive versus warrior classes, or you can get a leather armour set for a PvE and defensive setup against warrior classes (plus this is the offensive setup against mage classes).

19. amonsen

amonsen User

Guys sorry about my English but I need your suggestions.
    I am pve player and my main is d elf Wynn. I am newbie about crusader. I could not decide about my dual class. Can u offer me any dual class?
    My knowledge is limited and I don't know other classes.
    Waiting opinions.
    Thanks.

20. cmec1

cmec1 User

since u dont know other classes, take another wynn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.