1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Help me decide please

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by ThatGuyAlan, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatGuyAlan

ThatGuyAlan User

Hello! I currently have an almost 98 level Iss (seraph +3 hv set, decent jewels, octavis shirt, pvp defense belt being my most invested items in it) with a lvl 92 dual class tyrr. I started this game 3 weeks ago.

The problem I have is the fact that, as Iss, I really don't see any point in playing it as main class. No matter what items I put on it, it will still be 2shot by everyone and I will still be meaningful only in olympiad, as a pvp char.

I love pve, but that's not the only thing, so my question is: should I reroll to othell/tyrr (I like melee classes) and keep iss as buffer?

If the answer to the question above is true, what do you suggest I should start as, othell or tyrr? I read that othells get huge nerf in Helios, but idk how much it will affect stuff. Also, I know tyrrs are pretty damn expensive and not that good in mass pvp/sieges. So, what would u advice me to do?

2. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Do as every random/handless guy in server. Play yul archer 101 > trigger 101 skill > enjoy PVP 60 secs.

Jokes aside. Iss enchanter is kinda useless in open field PVP 1v1 since the damage output is low,that allows you enemy to bsoe if they're close to die.
    Yet in olympiads iss enchanters are an insane pain in the ***. At level 99 they get a 'Barrier' which absorb 20.000 damage,and in olys is hard to deal more than 20k dmg on a iss with good gear. Maybe it's possible between end-game players...or maybe just against under-geared iss. No clue.

For which class to choose between tyrr and othell,you should play the one you like the most. Not the 'op class'.

Tyrr warriors are good for PVP and olys (even tho you really need good gears,tyrrs damage is low compared to other DDs,but they have an insane pool of HP/CP and high p.def/m.def) but not so usefull in mass pvp or 7v7. Really good for PVE (titan -> dreadnought -> tyrant) but you need to have at least 2 weapons (titan 2h sword+pole,dreadnought pole,tyrant fists+pole).That's why they may be expensive. For PVP (duelist -> titan -> doombringer) even 1 weapon is fine,but they lack of active skills (only duelist got lots of active skills for dmg) so...if you want to PVE as tyrr pick titan,if you want to pvp pick duelist.

Othell rogues are really good for PVP,but you need to know how to setup them,and also how to gear them. I see lots of daggers with +8 sets or OEd/kelbim weapons,but they're worthless.Most of them just pray to kill you with few blows or that any UE will protect them. But also daggers are kinda meh in sieges...not bad 'coz at 50% you will engage enemy in a close-fight,but jumping in the mass is really dangerous w/o a good gear/pt.
    As for Helios,we wont get a 'huuuuge' nerf.Not really. Our UEs will get nerfed,no more dodge of magic skills (thanks NCSoft,feohs were not broken enough already),but AOD will increase damage output. Also Shadow Flash wont stun anylonger,but it will get range up to 900 and last more.So long story short : yeah,less survivability but higher damage output,not so bad. And since our evasive skills were not working (yul archers hitting you almost 100% even with UE+AOD up) it doesn't sound so bad to me.

So pick the class you like the most and the one who suits your game style the most.

Wanna be resistant,with lots of HPs and def? Pick a tyrr. PvE go titan,PvP go duelist.
    Wanna be deadly but with survivability? Pick an othell. Ghost hunter hits harder,Wind rider is faster. (no i lied,any loldagger will play WR at 101 'coz they got a skill which make them stronger than a Ghost hunter.) Or do like Mitsa,play spoiler for free hero.

3. ThatGuyAlan

ThatGuyAlan User

Ty very much for your input. As I said, I'd like a more active character, compared to iss. If I go othell, WR seems the best choice (skills comparing). What about base race? Human, Elf or DE (stats comparing)? Also, is there any skills pre-85 I should keep?

4. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Stats are kinda...meh,i'd say useless. Daggers nowdays seems to be full 'DEX',so actually an elf toon would be the best pick. But lots of people start as Human (balanced stats) and switch it later. Also for 'pre-skills',you can't keep any skill on dagger. There are only 2 skills 1 for GH and 2 for TH
    Ghost hunters can keep "trick" at level 97,but wont learn 'mass trick'.Imho the old one seems to have lil less rate to land,but it's 3/5 secs delay,mass trick (at least...on Naia/NCWest) is landing like 1/10 and is like...40/60+ secs delay? i don't remember XD
    Treasure Hunters can keep trick as well but at level 85 they can keep their 'pre-awakening' Dash. It last 10/15 seconds and got like 15/20 seconds delay,which mean they can be on almost 'perma-dash',which is good when you fight vs Yul archers since they are hard to stun.

So...if you have some 'euros' to waste,start as Human (adventurer) and at level 85 switch to WR,and keep the old dash.

As for 'passive' skills...well,Human is worthless (kinda) as dagger,but got balanced stats. GH got more power 'till 101. At level 101 anyway WR is better,same damage (or more) compared to GH,but is also faster. (less delay on skill [10%],higher speed [+10],1 dodge skill for skills [shadow dodge])

For 'stats' this is the list (from the left to the right -> human,elf,dark elf)

DEX​

55​

61​

56​

CON​

82​

82​

77​

STR​

88​

82​

92​

5. BadJoe

BadJoe User

what are you expecting from noobie char with poor gear :)
    the same outcome will be even if you play tank or tyrr - you will die in pvp
    invest some billions and you can stay alive a bit more

P.S. do as you please, we will all die someday

6. ThatGuyAlan

ThatGuyAlan User

Yet even if I put billions in an iss, the results are poor compared to putting billions in othell/tyrr.

7. Vonak

Vonak User

result is poor if you think about damage for sure. put billions on a tank or a heal, and you won't increase damage the same way lol

8. ThatGuyAlan

ThatGuyAlan User

Not just damage, but the way those billions act for you. Put billions in a class that's just going to last longer, while doing the same thing, or put billions in a class that will become capable of solo/duo instances and raids and what not. It's just the investment and dedication. I can do pretty much the same thing as any other iss in the server, the difference is they'll last longer (and you still get 2shot most of the time even so).

P.S: Still haven't decided between othell and tyrr lol.

9. cmec1

cmec1 User

tyrr titan/dradnought u will exp fast.. but they are useless for pvp (maybe only 1x1 against same class, since lethalers will kill u fast.. and u will not be able to catch a "handed" mage) , duelist has a nicer pvp outcome but no one wants them in instances since low dps..
    so best thing is dagger.. but again it will be hard to xp without a cp.. since no one making lethal xp pt to anywhere nowadays.. and u will be stuck without open field xp and grind instances like most of the server

and about iss u were bad thinking about it.. iss has 2nd highest survivability in theese chronicles (high pdef, high hp, can heal, debuff oponents to take less dmg, stone, disable totaly oponent in 1x1 when he has skills on)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.