1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

[The new level of brilliance] discussion thread

Discussion in '2011 ~ 2017' started by GM Amarantha, Nov 8, 2016.

1. cmec1

cmec1 User

yes and once 5ppl buy the package server closes and u looking for another private to spend another 500 :)

2. Lillim

Lillim User

not true i was playing on private server 5 years then i think its acceptable longtime, the official is a realy money drain machine:p, evry update make it more expensive and distance from new to old is bigger... it's mean you need more and more time and money to catch old players = lower and lower population on server, even people who spend many money will not take fun coz no people and = dead server

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  3. FryderykChopin

FryderykChopin User

Fine. Server opens, let's say 1st January. you spend 500 euro, you get yourself nice RB jewel set +5, DB+7 and TLM+6.

All fun and giggles until 2 months later you try to login and get stuck on 'logging in...' - you check on the website and there's this big headline:

"After ages of fierce battles it's time to put down the weapons...
    NEW SEASON OF *servers' name* STARTS 21st MARCH"

And this^ is nowdays' private servers in a nutshell. Most of the big servers reopen at least three times a year (either they wipe the server or they open a new one with similar rates and let the old one die with 50 online). And you know why? Because 90% of the donations they recieve during first month. After this period, the server stops being profitable for them, so they need to find themselves a new cow to milk.

So even then, you spend this 500€ twice or three to stay relevant during the year. How long as Core been online?

Not talking about the fact that most of the private servers either run on Java or some crappy C4 extender, so they only make 'somehow' work only essential features which you absolutely need to use during these 2 months of play.

Also I think you're exaggerating with the 1-shotting, I'm pretty sure 5k can get you ripped even here :D
    Mar 12, 2017
    5 years... Let me guess, that was before 2010, right? :Coffee:

These days it's a massive celebration when a private servers goes for 1 year at least...

4. cmec1

cmec1 User

and?.. i played private for 3 years too.. even without subscriptions or pa or any kind of donates that ruin the game...
    there i saw most epic donation system of them all.. for 2lt(in that time it was 0.5$) u could buy bribe box (which was dropable from rb's in quantities 2-10) every week on sundays after maint opened bribe boxes was deleted, and without open bribe box teleports was slower, needed to wait in line to make a teleport(30-60s) -> game changing - hell no, but for fast regroups and etc needed one, either u were donating 0.5$ or u were going farming rbs to get it
    but that was almost 10 years ago
    now u can check any private server.. either it has donate system with everything in it, or it dont sell anything unless prices goes up, and after few "k" euros they announce new server's launch cause corrupted db or smth in that mood

5. Lillim

Lillim User

anyway for me l2 is ending with game style which they offer for players.