1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Ramona Daily Discussions

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by DeepBlue, Mar 6, 2017.

1. RevelationON

RevelationON User

many of us was looking for fresh start "core" expiriance unfortunately that was not the case as ramona.
    1st problem , current chronicle is supa fast paste , you can ding 100 in just month whit k95 duo ,
    2nd problem insane nerf of drops , if u want to get r99 gear you gotta be cp for sure . solo players and small groups cant get a shiet
    3rd problem even whit nerfed store it felt like supa p2w again ... there was ppl whit shirts + 10 and brooches 4-5 lvl after first month .. man and now tarots

if we want something that can stay and be successfull as core gotta be new fresh start from GoT first patch , where brooches tarorts where not even implented .
    imo just dont waste time on ramona slowly but surly dying

2. {IronV}

{IronV} User

u know when i started here i made a cp and we were farming 10 rounds of tezza 20 freya/zaken with apo blunts +4 and oly ring for crt dmg with current prices on core any wanabe competitive cp can farm tauti since those are not worth anymore, cc x3 for wise ,balok, taverns etc and the most important anakim and lilith there are ppl telling me why i farm 12h respawn open field bosses and how low clans gona gear up same for my clan for gainak , so that ppl wana farm open field things but they dont log their 85-89 , 90-94 lvl boxes with mentor gear and try to run to get talis so to me problem are not the top players but the mentality of new ppl
    I also started here as a newbie i play in server like 3y i had to catch up and i did, i got scamed and i catch up again mb 2nd time was with a lot of help from clan/cp but we made it so dont tell me problem is top players and ye i had enemy clan camping my spot 24/7 so i dont farm they wanted to stop me but failed.

3. Naito

Naito User

For new players Core is much better choise than Ramona :)

4. LangleyQueen

LangleyQueen User

First Goddess of Destruction chapters were good because it was VERY different from High Five. And that's what made people like the experience so much: Lineage 2 became free to play and you could only buy runes/vitality/ appearances and stuff ( i played on Shillen server at NCwest[NA] when it opened). I don't think that chapter of Goddess would be interesting now, specially with the way Innova manages their servers ( Russian and European): they have too many semi-affordable runes. It took me almost 7 months to get level 99 back on Shillen ( max level was 99, dual class wasn't even implemented rightly yet). If that chapter opened with Innova L2 Store settings, people would be 99 in 1 week and then bored up again.

Surely there are ways to keep good servers with nice settings on L2 Store and events ( most events now are for L2 store, and the ones who aren't , like hungry horse, get REALLY nerfed, as they stated on forum that the amount of drops is shared between the whole servers, meaning: more people farming = you get less items). But....you have to ALWAYS remember that Innova is a company. Every company main concern will always be their profit. They don't work for free, and surely they will take the less painful road: less trouble and effort for the maximum amount of money in return. That's why they won't invest in advertising new servers or renewing the comunity : the "top players" of each server will (even tho they are VERY limited, I would say 100 ~200 people) always keep the money flowing, and the rest of the server completes the income quota. And that is enough for Innova.

That is a whole new parameter: Core is and Old server. It has changed from a lot of chapters ( chronicles) with old items/skills/events. So it is easier to get some resources, and those instances you mentioned (freya,zaken, balok,tavern and such) have suffered several changes over the last years on different chronicles. Ramona started on Helios, 1~month after it went to grand Crusade. This is the reality of this server. Not everybody has the resources ( PC, VIp accounts) to support those freya/frintezza waves ( i, myself, do with with my CP members, and it's not that easy on the pockets), which are the easiest way to get a little bit of adena on a starter group. BUt let's be honest: it will take , as you said yourself, A LOT of time to catch up with someone who can spends a couple hundreds of euros every month to get ahead. And that is why we don't see new players that much. They would rather EASILY go to those "NEW PVP SERVERS" that open every day on russian/european platforms, have more fun, spend WAY less money and be done with it.

5. {IronV}

{IronV} User

@LangleyQueen i came here from that PVP SERVERS and trust me its not fun to change server with same 20-50 ppl every 2 weeks :D
    an other bad thinking is that u as a starter wana catch up the tops , this ll come with time more farm more pvp for spots and if u are good/active enough on pvp/pvp i guess ur clan ll give u big items and u ll be closer and closer coz after some point big donors who are usually bad players have nowhere to go but just w8 the new l2store update to be infront.
    This game is works as solo ,cp,clan and all 3 together so in the end the tryharder side ll have more heroes which can make some difference usually and so on =d , items matters a lot but not that much if u are kinda close and its playable
    edit : finally a normal person on forums :D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  6. LangleyQueen

LangleyQueen User

Most people won't have that patience to wait 8 months ~1 year until his toon is "Playable" and can actually stand the "big guys". I tried that on Zaken server (NCwest NA), starting again from zero and ended up getting strong after 4 months, but most of my CP had already given up. Here on Ramona we started with 10 people on CP ( drivers, people to support the lower level instances, level up toons to their levels and whatnott) and right now we have only 4 ( less than 5 months), and we are still WAY behind compared to our run on Zaken server. Brooches and shirts really make things worse ( it was implemented on NA servers right when I stopped playing, couple of weeks before Helios update). It was easier to compete without them on the game.

About the "big donors, bad players" thing: at this point of the game, specially with grand crusade update and the new mage changes, it doesn't even take that much skill to be relevant. Getting ahead on brooches and dark set ( on Ramona, specifically) after the Tarots can REALLY put you on the best position ever. 75% of server won't even scrach your mana ( Mage) , and you can easily farm a whole clan ( middle of the pack) with 2 AoE skills.

I like and will always like forums on the games I play as a place to discuss ideas and keep the healthy competition/flames. Sadly, most people don't share that attitude.

7. {IronV}

{IronV} User

well imo feoh is not that easy to be a factor as yull specially as it was on io update ,as about ramona many ppl started to play there for 2 month and then when tarrots come to quit it was obvious this gona happen but as u said 'dark sets' i could compete gainak/4rbs on equal gear but i guess u didnt , as about zaken server u played in a server that opened so company can get more money and u joined a same one :p pure p2w servers i guess all u can do now is w8 1 year for transfer ticket (so company can get more $$)

8. LangleyQueen

LangleyQueen User

The goal is to keep playing until it is fun and sustainable. If the server opened without brooches and tarot for at least 3~4 months, more people would be attracted to it, since only level and organization would dictate the pace of the game and the gear would be more equal.

Innova probably won't open transfers for a loooong time, if they are smart. At the time, they have 2 half-alive servers, which is enough and good for most of the players. Opening transfers would mean 1 half-alive server and 1 dead one. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually launched ANOTHER server instead of opening transfers, in 1 year or so.

9. {IronV}

{IronV} User

all u had to do is to come core and have some 100vs100 vs50 and so in mid clans in server u just had to make a better choice :p
    core life is not top clans but mid ones coz yeah sometimes i ld like to not care if i farm today or no and be happy having only lvl4 brooches and kelbim weapon and not need to pay many billions for 1 enchant or 5% more atk/def boost

10. LangleyQueen

LangleyQueen User

This is the life of Lineage 2 ^^. You got hooked on and you just can't stop tweeking your toon, 5% more stats at a time.

11. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

@LangleyQueen Inflation created by bots is not the reason items get cheaper, items get dropped/crafted every day it's normal that the supply will meet the demand at some point... Bots generate ONLY Adena, not items and that's the reason people who farm legit are hurting because the Adena they farm loses value rapidly... That's also why the fishing event is so bad because it creates huge inflation from Elcyums and pretty much makes Adena worthless so w/e you farm has way less value. Only legit-slow inflation is good for players and about inflation from p2w events maybe a 10% of what fishing event caused.
    @Advocad 500k investment for marketing ain't happening... IMO we don't even need it, millions played L2 in the past, we don't need gamers who never played the game. Tons of people play on private servers, even though they know everything gets wiped every few months, just because of cheap/no p2w and fast level up. Human attention span drops every year and L2 should adapt, most people won't grind countless hours farming/leveling just to be relevant in this game and I don't blame them. Even the few of us who love the game and do it have second thoughts because in the end no one's left to PvP. For crying out loud our 105-110 is multiple times more than Korea's and we don't even have vitality maintaining pots...
    After all, I believe is all about the gap between top players(gear/level wise) and the rest, p2w isn't gonna change and people will always cry about it and it doesn't matter. But the gap must be small, high-end gear should be cheaper and EXP should be faster so players don't get completely discouraged from starting/continuing to play the game. This can also be easily communicated throughout the L2 community without huge marketing investments.

LangleyQueen likes this.
  12. akaaWins

akaaWins User

You guys are partially right but on the other hand its a lot of ********.

Adena Bots have literally no influence on the gameplay. They are pain in the *** for server staff because simply they are making money on adena instead of people buying l2store.

Now, feohs. You actually think they are so opd. Let me guess, more than 50% of you still run in at least one paulina jewel. Thats your own fault. Same for attributes - put these on your set and feohs will be balanced. Funny that on ncwest or korea they are still barely a challange in pvp.

About Ramona itself - innova is russian company with russian mentality. This server had a chance to grow really well but lets be honest - donations killed it. Until tarots came i still had hopes it will grow again within the next event but instead they wanted to milk dying cow instead of feed it. Now within next few months this server will either die and stop making any profit or get merged with core.

And i hope Fragola wont come with **** like its summer less players plqy xD

13. iSTOMPquakez

iSTOMPquakez User

im getting 500k from stacked mage while im on full EQ so no idea what u talk about

14. {IronV}

{IronV} User

im killing top enemy party on party ud so idk how jwls or atribute gona save them when i hit 500k+ but ok

15. St0ne

St0ne User

Stopped reading after this "statement".

Game is totally broken by l2store items.
    There r way to little fresh blood coming in as they r easly discouraged by the time they need to spend farming gear.
    NcSoft wont ever invest in L2 .

16. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

You are clueless...

As far as other servers, they have very different gameplay than us. Mages on NCWest don't have rebirth from shirts and also brooch jewels there are super expensive so way less 400% m.atk from x3 lvl 6 jewels.
    And about Korea, if I'm not wrong, they don't even have brooch "br-ud" or easy +10 shirts and top DDs there are with Dragon weapons because of event ^^

17. LangleyQueen

LangleyQueen User

The bots make money from the adena but the adena stays on the server, so it doesn't REALLY matter ( to us players) if somebody spent 50 Euros on L2 store or buying adena from bots. If they wanted adena, the result was the same(same~ish).

The server is about to hit the 4 months mark. Of course most of the people are still running on paulina jewels. It isn't that easy to upgrade your gear. From my perspective, for exemple: I will just now hit the 10 istina crystals mark to enhance some Istina jewel, as Seed of Anihilation just opened like 1 and a half month ago ( if i'm not mistaken) and I've done every Epic istina possible. It's not like there is such a thing as "Eternal Jewels" to be crafted as easy as eternal sets or Helios weapons, so having more magic resistance isn't the only issue.

About elements: most people have it, don't actually matter that much on the damage reduction at this point. I do miss the 30 days full Boss Jewels pack that they sold at NCwest on NA servers. That thing REALLY helped any player (middle of the pack and starters) to feel a little bit more secure about the performance of his toon, and it was cheap (kinda like buying your Eva Rune 30 days now, Ramona speaking).

No L2 store = no profit. No profit = no point keeping the server up. The L2 store items are necessary to keep the server alive and give players different items from the ones that get obtained on mobs/RB's/quests.

I believe the feature that REALLY broke the gameplay and forever will separate casual players/normal players/hardcore players/top donators is Brooches and Shirts. Shirts are non-tradeable and are bound by PURE LUCK as a way of getting them enchanted ( some people spend 10 euros and get a +8, some people spend 300 euros and don't get past +7 [true story from Ramona]. We don't even need to get into brooches jewels compound because there is enough evidence already that it can REALLY tilt you up spending 500 boxes and not hiting a single jewel +4.

So...at this point part of the game seems more like a "pay and maybe win", instead of the "pay to win" we are used to. As I jokely said in-game to a couple of people playing with me on Ramona "It would surely feel easier to have a section on L2 store with buttons like 'BUY LEVEL 101, BUY LEVEL 103, BUY LEVEL 105, BUY SHIRT +10, BUY 1 JEWEL LEVEL 6' just so people would get exactly what they want at whatever price Innova decided fit. But that would mean that people would spend one time and get "full". And the lottery of most of the events and L2store/game features is more lucrative and more addictive, so there you go.
    Very different features on each server. NCwest have Topaz, we don't. They had ( still have?) full jewel bosses ( lindivior,blessed antharas, blessed valakas, tauti, earth wyrm) packs of 30 days at 300 ~500 million adenas for every player to enjoy some sort of decent gameplay, at least out of Olympiad and Ceremony of Chaos. But their EXP runes and Chaos essence, for example, are V-E-R-Y expensive. They can login 3 accounts per pc, we can login only 1 ( non-vip).

The korean servers would be the ideal experience for every player, but the options we most likely have are European servers ( Innova) and NA servers ( NCwest), both with their flaws and their advantages. The russian servers seems a lot more affordable, since the L2 Store there follows their currency and their prices are different, but the language ( as would be on Korean servers) are still a big barrier.

The point is: Ramona is a brand new server of months (next saturday- march 21 ~july 21) and we already have the issues from servers that are open for years.
    Bottom line: nothing will change.
    1- They won't take back Tarots or Brooches/SHirts from store
    2- Most of the server will still be running on paulina/CoC jewels for a couple of months
    3- Most of the server won't have dark parts until the end of the year, while a lot of top players already have full sets.
    4- There will be no events for "normal people" to FARM (Innova doesn't produce events, they import the ones that already exist from Korean servers/developers and implement here)
    5- It is most likely for people to STOP playing Lineage 2 than starting from zero ( It's very hard not knowing anything about the game. Even from 1 chapter to the other there are A LOT of changes, like from Helios to Grand Crusade now)
    6- Innova either has a plan to keep Ramona afloat or they don't. The server will survive, and merges and other options can be considered on the future ( i'm sure people must have tought Core was dead numerous times along the years)
    7- The North Remembers

18. akaaWins

akaaWins User

Am i clueless? It's cheaper to buy adena than gamble or sell l2store, lol.

Ncwest has no rebirth from shirt? what? Of course they do, shiny shirt bonuses are exactly the same.

Yes - brooches andd jewels are more expensive, that's fact. But where did i say anything about brooches or jewels :d

Don't blame me for being clueless at this game. On mass pvp good yul should do your job and roll feoh down. On olympiad im rolling feohs as othell GH, bro. lul

Log off from private ertheia server and log in back here.

This is what i exactly said. This game is broken by l2store, not by botters or adena sellers. And as well, i share your opinion on the part where new players are outgeared against donators here. No point to start.
    Everyone knows this game is dead and ncsoft wont invest into this game. This game runs on engine that is older than most of the THB players :> Back in first GOd chronicle you still were able to use unreal commands to remove walls and so on, rofl XD

19. {IronV}

{IronV} User

i ld like to fight u in oly with my gh rambo hehe @akaaWins
    ramona legends my god.

20. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

Apart from clueless, your are also dumb.
    "It's cheaper to buy adena" so you prefer risking your char by RMTing which is illegal? ok...
    When bots generate tons of Adena, Adena value goes down, and that's very bad for people who farm legit. Got it, dummy?
    What I mean about shirts is that in NCWest you need to w8 for the event period once or maybe twice a year. Also, +10 shirt(needed for rebirth) there cost several THOUSANDS of DOLLARS there, 95% of people who enchant shirts stop at +7.
    About other servers and brooch jewel skills, I was trying to explain that here Feoh becomes even more broken because of those differences in content.