1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

The difference between Innova nad NCWest

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by EboLLa, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EboLLa

EboLLa User

well there ware alot of threads with pros and cons about this 2 companys but the truth is innova lacks profesionalism and here is an example.

the website has no info... non at all. instead ncwest did even a newbie how to connect guide.
    the main reason i write this is cause im pissed. thank god i only waited 30 min to download the "innova" game and not more.
    the ncwest launcher works flawless (i have theyr game and the nc launcher installed ) and i said let me test innova too. so i went on the website and downloaded the so called 4game application (or launcher or what it is) i installed it and... and thats it lol. it installed the aplication and downloaded the game but thats it. wtf??? the game is there but on website i still have the option to install the game... but it is downloaded.

i double click the innova 4game application it starts in the tray but nothing... it has 2 options and both send me to the website. i said maybe i should start l2 with the l2.exe. double clicked the l2.exe and a nice russian message pops up :d nice... ofc the game doesnt start, cause i have to press ok to that russian message (which i have no ideea what it means) and thats it.

this is the main difference, the profesionalism.... think this (it may sound lame but this is it) i am not noob in this things and if i couldnt make it start from first time how do you think players that don't have a clue of things will do? you know what will they do? they will access www.lineage2.com and play there...

this is not meant to be a flame but a very big alarm signal.... now can some1 enlighten me how can i play that game? it is installed (i think, cause on website i still have install, but the game is downloaded).

peace!

//edit managed to make it work by trying other browser (ie9)... but anyway my point still stands, think better and try to make it better.
    i can only click play from the browser? :| the install sh.it changed also my games folder icon... why? starge sh.it happens...

play button from browser/pay for dualbox/deleted game and had to close all progrms and not even then i could delete the frost antish.it... neah ill pass. thx for helping me choose where to play.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
  2. Adamaris

Adamaris User

if you think stuff like this doesn't happen on ncwest then you should take a look at their technical issues forum, first page is usually full of people with either ncsoft launcher problem, login problem or critical errors.

only issue so far is the lack of a decent website with info about the game and what else, and a better forum not a plain vbulletin one, so far it has a worse look than some private servers, but i just hope they are pretty much releasing the game much earlier than they expected, which could explain all this.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid User

so you say a company is unprofessional because you couldnt read the how to connect topic right? :)

the only thing i can agree with is the website part thats true but the rest...

4. EboLLa

EboLLa User

so the fact that i had to change a browser (after deleteing all cache) , the fact that the launcher has no facking buttons to click play , the fact that when i deleted the game i had to close all programs and not even then i coudn't delete the frost **** antibot system is nothing right? i didn't called a company unprofessional beacuse i couldn't read a topic (which i actually did). read again what i said. the how to connect topic didn't say that all is done via browser and things like that. whats the point of the launcher if i have to click play from a browser? :d do you get it? they could have just give a torrent link for the game and said login on the website and click play. done. and don't get me wrong, i did manage to make it work by myself... anyway.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid User

yes thats true...and for your notice...anyone would be able to create a torrent file from the downloaded files and uploaded it to a free tracker and voila that would solve the issue i think, but crying and complaining is just easier.

6. Eska

Eska User

oh my god, really ? i think ebolla was never an retail player. you don't know how ncsoft treated their customers, what you saying now its unbelievable.

7. Intrepid

Intrepid User

wait ncsoft had anyone who treated the customers? :d

anyway thats true and thats why its funny to see people act the way they do :d

8. EboLLa

EboLLa User

@intrepid i'm not complaining/whineing etc i simply left... but they make you pay for a dualbox right?

@ieska no, i wasn't a retail player and i don't know how it was.... but now i was speaking of what happend to me here, at innova, and belive me its not unbelievable, it really happend.
    and one more thing, pray that on the server launch there wont be lags, beacuse i have a fiberlink 100 mb connection and i had lag on the pts. maybe on the live server wo't be dunno but here i had. on the really distant na servers i have 0 lag (i was really surpised about this, never would have thought that on the american servers i dont have lag and here i get some).

9. Eska

Eska User

only person who didn't ever seen how ncsoft treat their customers could write that choosing innova will result in lack of interest from customer service :p

10. Intrepid

Intrepid User

yeah i got banned back than because i reported a botter party which donated way too much and now people try to convince me that ncwest is worse than innova is :d

11. Eska

Eska User

sometimes i was waiting months to get any answer from ncsoft at my support tickets. that was insane.

12. Intrepid

Intrepid User

and people think ncwest is changed now and its the best option.lol.

13. dem00

dem00 User

except vc++ thingie, i had no problems to install and play on l2.eu - and i'm here because i don't have to handle pvp robots like on l2.com.

i agree that something should be done with the website and more infos should be added there since it's their mirror which represents the official euro lineage 2, and not everyone goes to forums.

this new system of log in through launcher and browser still has some issues to fix, but as they fixed everything on ruoff i'm expecting to see it happen here also.

14. Eska

Eska User

for me, everything was working from 1st try. web page fosho will be updated soon, ye, they should do that earlier. but still, innova > ncwest ;p

15. Intrepid

Intrepid User

true...the only issue i had on my pc when i installed it was that vc++ issue and once when i got the 4gme launcher update window i was stucked a bit till i fugred out that i need to redownload and reinstall it and thats all.

16. Adamaris

Adamaris User

what's better, giving customers the chance to open a dualbox or allowing everyone to open a trillion boxes freely? anyway, who the hell needs dualboxes now? there is an auction house and you will level in party after certain level, what's the point of having 2k players actually playing solo with their boxes? if i wanted to play solo in a game i would play a single player one. geez...these p.servers players can't live without dual/triple box...

i've been a ncsoft customer in l2 and aion...and believe me, it's hard to be worse than them, that's why i wanna give innova a chance and i hope they are better at managing the game...one thing is sure, they get the updates faster than ncwest, and they have a much better antihack system.

17. Intrepid

Intrepid User

yes and?if you wish to dualbox in a populated server instead of play in a clan/party go ahead go to ncwest dualboxed chars always die faster atleast you away a few easy frag :)

18. hachre

hachre User

if by lacking proffessionalism you mean they are lacking "we are aware of the issues and a fix is coming soon" then yea, innova is < ncsoft.

19. Sirius92

Sirius92 User

innova is slacking, it's quite obvious they are barely doing anything (web, launcher and so on). in the other hand we've ncwest where you can still log with every known 3rd party software.

20. Adamaris

Adamaris User

or perhaps they are working on it but they don't release the changes till they got everything done. ncwest didn't release their website till they released god, and i remember the website/forums didn't work for hours after it released, most of the people couldn't even log in the game ;)

innova website+forum don't look professional, but i also consider there is higher priority stuff than a website/forum...at least i prefer the game working properly and with few bugs over a good looking website/forum, they can work on it later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.