1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

[19.04.2017] Hello World

Discussion in 'Team Blog Archive' started by CM Fragola, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Fragola

Fragola User

[​IMG]

Hey, folks!

I think the first post should be a little bit bigger than two paragraphs, but I'm buried under papers, so let's start with something.

We've added PA to all accounts that suffered from prolonged maintenance yesterday. To make sure we caught even those who saw the maintenance and even didn't try to log in during the day, we've added PA to everybody who logged in from late night of Monday to mid-day today. The official announcement is here: https://4gameforum.com/threads/642325/#post-9018604

Also, Tersi and Cat will be back today at 19:00 CEST.

As for Karias - we have limited slots and during any XP event, even old servers suffer from a low number of them. The devs were informed and we've got an answer some time ago: https://4gameforum.com/threads/630183/

As for an update - the patch notes are here: https://eu.4game.com/lineage2/play/grandcrusade/
    And we have a channel in Discord to report about mistakes and ask questions about unclear points: https://discord.gg/cFAM2sN

As for the GC Update itself - it arrived very late, we keep testing it and fingers crossed we expect it to be installed on April 25 or within 2 weeks after that - actually depends a lot on how fast the devs will keep fixing our issues in this build.

L2wiki is being updated, so some pages could show incorrect info for the current Helios update - please don't be confused with it as there's so much to update and L2wiki team is trying to make everything in time.

Rewards for "paparazzi" and "dimensional sieges" were sent yesterday. Rewards for "Mad Meme Contest" will be sent as soon as all the winners fill the form.

I've received several applications for "Lineage 2's got talent", some of them are great, can't wait to get to work with every one of you - I'll reply to all messages until the end if this week.

Ok, I still have 78 messages on FB unread from you and ton of stuff to prepare for the update, so I better get going.

Stay awesome,
    - Fragola

P.S. comments are open, but, please, behave and stay on topic, questions are welcome as usual.

St0ne, -V77-, Negnal and 1 other person like this.
  2. cmec1

cmec1 User

:Grac-l2:
    good finaly we have some dates, finaly we were heard, lest hope this isnt just a fluke and it will become more frequent to share infos and stuff

3. MrOurk

MrOurk User

I wonder if it really takes so much testing for a chronicle that was basically tested as if something goes wrong will get update in 3 weeks, which would make it close to 11 months since last update. Do you want a suggestion on how to make this happen way faster? Open the PTS once you get the build and players will happily test new classes and bug reporting will be way faster, I know why the team closed it (someone could not report a bug and get benefit from it), but how many people does that, like close to 0?

4. Hax

Hax User

6 days to 20 days is quite some time span.
    Since it's so uncertain i guess these 6 days can be "strike-through".

5. cmec1

cmec1 User

better 6-20 than "soon"

6. Fragola

Fragola User

It's "basically" tested. but every server is unique because of local changes that pile up with time, so a lot of mistakes can happen. As we are lucky to have RU tested - we already know the testing route, so it goes faster.

As for PTS, I can't give you a fast answer now, so let's keep this topic until later.

7. Hax

Hax User

so lets hope for 6 days. ETA for fishing event after update? 1 or 2 weeks or same day as update

@CM Fragola

I think most of these server dc (server rip again) will be solved if you just put update :D Maybe angry players ddos you cuz of that

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  8. sellocan

sellocan User

I think we should focus on kartia bullsshh. Its so stupid that I have to click at NPC for 1-2 hours just to use a game feature. This is the worst game design ever in history.

9. MrOurk

MrOurk User

I will explain it only for once since most of people don't know why it's like that:

Every single instance in this game it's taking server resources, at some point if too many resources are taking, server machine can't handle it and will turn off (server DC), Koreans probably were testing the amount of open instances there can be open from all instances (k85,k90,k95,baylor,kama etcetcetc) so the server doesn't go unstable and DC, so if they say it can't be increased, it's that it can't be increased

10. Negnal

Negnal User

wow first good topic about any info-life from servers.

11. sellocan

sellocan User

So you seriously want me to believe that this game is designed to be played like this stupid way? xD They designed that server that no machine can handle high instance limits? I dont believe that, they increased limits once so they can do it again. Im sure of that this stupid instance thing can be fixed if ppl work on it. I just dont believe Innova ever cares about that.

Secondly; if seriously nothing can be done to fix kartia limits then they can make Kartia Group bosses to give always same amount XP to every single players even tho they go Duo. Fix the exp of K85-90-95 bosses' so ppl will go and do them as 7 to end them faster. They wont try to do Duo, Trio, 5man runs coz they will always get same Base exp. But no, Innova does not want to be part of solution.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  12. Monoton

Monoton User

[​IMG]

MrOurk likes this.
  13. salchichonio

salchichonio User

The question is: where is tersi?

14. MrOurk

MrOurk User

What part of Innova can't touch any file from the game since those are even encrypted you can't even understand? Amount of instances were never increased, they were BALANCED aka taking slots from some kartias (85,90) and adding them to K95, it's completly different than just adding. And no Innova can't change "base xp" from Kartia, if people are stupid enough to believe Saving Vitality will take them anywhere let them be they are just dumb, but there are way better ways of making xp than just sitting in Aden trying to click for 2h, just go outside of instances since it's the way game is designed and stop crying already

CM Fragola likes this.
  15. sellocan

sellocan User

Are you lawyer of Innova or employee? xD I mean "Obviously" you know everything about what they can and cant do xD Who are u for me to take serious at all? xD
    I dont think they are "too" weak to defend themselves on this subject. Noone is taking serious about "They cant do anything without asking Korea" thing. Im also sure that they never tried to work this out by contacting them or doing smth.

16. MrOurk

MrOurk User

I'm a person reading terms of agreement and knows how the game is working with developers, apart from that I'm also IT engineer, but thanks for caring

17. sellocan

sellocan User

Oh I see now why you think you know everything xD Okay.

18. MrOurk

MrOurk User

Ask Innova if anyone of what I said about not being able to touch game files / increase kartia slots it's not true and it differs from the reasons I gave

19. sellocan

sellocan User

Im just telling here Its not something they can say "We cant". They have to fix that problem because its seriously huge issue. If they cant touch anything in server, how desperate they are in this position??? Should I pity for them??? They are publisher yeah and they are losing customers so there must be seomthing to do instead of just obeying what NC says. Pushing them to accept some changed etc for the sake of "Ramona's being new server". Im sure there are things to do if they ask/push enough. Playing a game like this aint fun at all.

20. cmec1

cmec1 User

dont see that issue on core.. means its only 1 servers issue from all 30-50 (dont even know how much there are server from all localizators) why should sm1 do something only for 1 server?.. send petition to koreans bribe them with 10milion $ and it will be fixed same day