1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

New L2

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Soole, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Soole

Soole User

Hello.
    Fragola do you have any info about Lineage 2 on Cryengine 3 for example?
    Why i am asking.
    Lineage 2 is rly kinda good game but what would be if we could have same game just on cryengine 3 or even 4.

So what is my ideya and question.
    What if NCsoft will calcualate aproximative amount of money needed for this upgrade and
    will create a kind of bank account where any person could pay for help.
    Like on twitch when some 1n is asking ppl for donation. And make announcement about this on all servers ( i mean america, europe, koreya, japan nand other).
    I am pretty shure that after few months or max 1 year, people will donate enouf, because we all would like to see this.
    Same server but on cryegine3 with same accounts and things u have now only transfered to new game.

P.S ( sorry if i wrote in wrong place. And hope that u will send my ideya eventhow if it is not new).

2. cmec1

cmec1 User

only 2 words for u : keep dreaming
    they cant upgrade to u3 engine.. which would require maybe 2-3days of work.. when the coding is 99.5% same as u2.5 which is used by l2, but they cant(wont) do it

3. mYzor

mYzor User

Why would they spend resources and money porting a mostly dead game when they can just do shi.. hmm, mobile games for huge profit?
    If they didnt do it before GoD, doing it now would be nothing but an insult. At least to me.

4. Yakawa

Yakawa User

@cmec1 my G what are you working if its not a secret ? You out here competent on every topic. I'm just curious that's all.

And just to not be spam... That task is impossible at this stage and here is why.
    UE2 (current l2 engine) and 3 UE3 are pretty different to begin with, not to mention why port to UE3 and not 4 ?
    L2 isnt 5 000 lines of code to be ported for 2 days even more, you have tons of events and we talking hundreds that have Korean/Western version so thats almost 2x on events.
    Unlike here the game in Korea is updated almost daily, so while 1 team is updating the UE2 version the UE3/4 team is getting even more work.
    Also "start bank account for donations" who will donate money for a game that is losing players on weekly basis ? Or to a company with ~140m in budget ?
    There are even more points to this that are somewhat valid, but the main one is:
    No monetary incentive to do so.

5. Fragola

Fragola User

Hey,
    thank you for your feedback and suggestion, but as far as I know, there are no plans to update the engine at the moment.

6. Naito

Naito User

Please push NCSoft to do something with that, i think people donate enough to make an investment in this... The same database, the same game but diffrent game engine... And its not about how game looks, but about how it works.

7. MrOurk

MrOurk User

I think everyone asking for new engine doesn't realize how much it would take. First it would take insane amount of job and money in our to do so, and second because our current engine is so old, it would be faster to remake the game from 0 and I'd rather call it L3 which is for sure not in the companies plans

8. MrScubba

MrScubba User

NCsoft is one is the biggest game publishers with huge revenue, why would they need donations? Last year they made ~235 million USD net income.

L2 is an old game and they can milk it with minimum effort. For them no point putting serious money/time/experience into the development as it will simply not increase the sales / player reach significantly while they can use the same programmers to work on their new games. L2 is just a fraction of their income, most of it still should be the old Lineage.
    L1 makes more profit that L2, Guild Wars, Aion and Blade and Soul together.

So rewriting a game which is dead everywhere but East and maaaybe Russia, without any expected increase in profit solely for the convenience of few players would just not happen.

I should apply to NCsoft as business dev.. do I get recommendation letter from Fragola? :D

Yakawa likes this.
  9. MeSuppaHottie

MeSuppaHottie User

no need new engine, just a few tweaks to l2.ini.. but no so had to do it over 10+ years

10. Soole

Soole User

That is the point. That is why i mentioned twitch. Because believe that many ppl will spend their money to see upgraded l2 with new engine. I understand that NC soft doesnt want to invest money in this now, that is why i asked about this as a kind of donation fro those who rly want this. We can even try as a variant make a question to all players would they invest for example 1-2 $ by buying special item in l2store to change engine. And if number will be good enouf try to do this if not now then in some time collecting money. NCsoft wont loose anything with this. And if number of ppl will be too low, money could be spend on other developings. New engine can change many things to good side. And it wont be hard to organise. It is about players not about NCsoft bigger profit. But still. having better engine L2 can get bigger number of players without many efforts from NCsoft side ( i mean without paying ). If people want and want to pay, why not? tell me why not to try?

11. cmec1

cmec1 User

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/contact-us/
    write this petition straight to them.. maybe u will be first one to be listened and maybe it will be easier to reach them directly than trough our staff which since day 1 we cant trust

12. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

They would faster make aion 2 than upgraded lineage 2. Have you seen the updates on aion? theyre ******* massive, and l2 gets ****.

L2 is cash cow with no future, its a failure, and 100% sure they will not even consider risking it.

13. Naito

Naito User

It would be great to get new engine, but even without this Lineage 2 can work good enough. Just we need to get option which let us turn off other players skill effect, like mass heal...

14. Tizarth

Tizarth User

lineage 2 on new engine is like Half Life 3,
    will never happen,deal with it.

St0ne likes this.