1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Hatred towards macroing

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Cryptowitch, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryptowitch

Cryptowitch User

Hello everyone,

I am making it crystal clear that this post refers only to macroing ie using the in game macro function in loop. This post is NOT about 3rd party illegal software!

I am noticing some hatred towards people who use macros, some people think that macros are the same as using third party software. Someone pked me (lemrimm) and other people (Xerin) threaten me.

Why is that?

[​IMG]

2. Padj1l

Padj1l User

Because some people are stupid !

Yakawa and Cryptowitch like this.
  3. mYzor

mYzor User

I dont dislike or "hate" people that use them. They are using a feature of the game, nothing wrong with that.
    I dislike macro's since i believe they should NOT exist in the first place.
    Not to mention, ever since these macro's were added, everyone seems to be a master elite bot detector that acuses everyone of botting, even when im doing daily quests with my pets on defensive stance. >.>

Cryptowitch likes this.
  4. max11

max11 User

MAcro is botting for sure. i personally hate it. all places are with macroers they left their chars for hours there. and macro works as botting.

5. St0ne

St0ne User

Thousads of topics alrdy in here about this subject.
    Botting has nothing to do with ingame macro. Macro is like younger,little brother comparing to well know bot soft.

Cryptowitch likes this.
  6. MrScubba

MrScubba User

Cryptowitch unfortunately part of the playerbase is made of those "rager" people who do not really like to use their brain for more than wake up, do the basic necessities of life, go hate everyone in a virtual world whatever they do. The second step is sometimes skipped.
    Nothing you can do about them, best not to engage any kind of conversation or you just sink to their levels.

On the other hand there are some people who consider themselves ******es or the opposite as server polite to remove any kind of automated gameplay. Both of those types just play on their own way, which might include killing macros. Just people hate elves for their pale ears...
    With those you can have some fun, even hunt together or play hide and seek.

Changing players in 2017 will not work.. Adapt and try to find your own fun.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Cryptowitch likes this.
  7. zauliuz

zauliuz User

afk macros, especially when mage or archer leave them, easy to make them PK and easy to get items from them. just need some patience and good timing :)

8. Cryptowitch

Cryptowitch User

First of all, if you do that, it just shows you have no ingame life, nothing better to do with your gaming than fight with afk characters. Which is very very sad.

Secondly, if you don't use /targetnext there is no way you can target a player.
    Aug 14, 2017
    I agree. I don't really want to change anyone I just want reassurance. When they are threatening my character like "you will be banned", then it is just nice to read a moderator or someone from Innova say that macroing is not botting and it is perfectly fine to do it.

It is a form of protection for us who use macros, when there is an official statement that it is not against the rules of the game. This way we can tell them: "You can complain to NCsoft" :D :D :D Or "you can go read at the forum that it is perfectly find to do it!"

9. zauliuz

zauliuz User

believe me, it's possible. how you think en forcing wars vs pve clans to restore lost crp?
    btw for this you need tank. drag your victim out of his exp range where he can't target mobs. and when someone attack you when you didn't have target you target that attacker. tested and working. and this is just game mechanics.

10. cmec1

cmec1 User

if mob dies <10s u can simply add /target %self and even when u are dragged away nothing gonna happen simply because u will have target on yourself, even if they manage to take dagger to u, it takes some seconds to take target when u had target on self

for "skillers" there is different story how to secure yourself against wars, but thats not for me to explain to ppl

11. MrScubba

MrScubba User

This one I have to oppose, never underestimate the creativity of people.
    On higher spots mobs have the same name template (example: HB Cantera, GC Giant something).
    So normally your target would be something that targets those mobs, such as /target cantera or /target ia.

There are clans and CPs which have characters named after those mobs. For example the evil and nasty BA clan kept triggering wars on our faction farmers on HB with character name Canterasomehing. If that character is nearby the macro will target and since it is flagged it will execute the attack macro.

Besides, mods has zero right regarding to server issues so even if we say it is legal to use macros it does not mean much :)
    But most of us are smart, experienced, respected, handsome, awesome etc so you can listen to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.