1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

[01.11.2017] Maintenance problems and status update

Discussion in 'Team Blog Archive' started by CM Fragola, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Fragola

Fragola User

Ok, 10 PM and I can finally share some info on what happened today and how we're gonna survive this what do we plan to do.

The core of our problems: summer time (CEST) -> winter time (CET) change.
    Lineage 2 system wasn't designed with time change in mind, so when the clock goes backward it goes crazy.

To save the system from going crazy during the weekend, we postponed the server time change for the maintenance which saved us from several problems with Olympiad cycle, Keuceurus Base Defence, and sieges, but still caused us problems with quests, CoC winner status, and clan rewards.

Now, the devs know that there's this thing called Daylight Saving, but we still have to deal with various consequences of going back in time.

After the maintenance we got several reports about broken one-time quests, so after an inner discussion, we decided to perform an extra maintenance to restore them from our morning backup - and that what took us 1h+ during the extra maintenance. As a result, all quest progress was restored to its status up to 7 AM today.

If you managed to complete some quests between 7:00 and 13:00 and you need those quests to be completed, please address our support service eu.4gamesupport.com. GMs are fully aware of the issue and can help you.

Also, two CoC winners reported that they lost their aura and clan buff - it's a more complicated issue that we redirected to the devs and waiting for a decision tomorrow, with a target to fix it on Thursday or Friday. No need to act here, we'll inform Takanodan and NotBrah in their tickets in support + I'll inform their clan leaders in Clan Council when we get the solution.

Another problem that was reported is missing clan buffs and clan rewards - same here, we reported to the devs and most likely we won't be able to restore the buff, but most probably we'll be able to restore the clan rewards. An additional announcement will be issued when we get the solution. Please let me know if it's ok to give out this buff by GM on a certain day this week to compensate this, or it's fine and you can just forgive us the missing clan buff.

Now, some good news.

We didn't plan anything extra for November except for the current Halloween event, but we decided to put an x2 event with a target to install it on November 15. I could have said it's a compensation, but really - we planned it last week ) I usually give previews on events, but hey, it's x2, you know how it works, right?

Salvation update ETA is still unclear as we have started testing RU version, but we haven't received the EU version yet, so I'm afraid to give you an estimation before it arrives.

What I can give though is update sneak peeks (like clan system changes) which I will publish part by part so those of you who can't read Russian or Korean know what to expect. Next part on my list is tanks, then enchanters... so prepare for more post on that in the upcoming weeks. Special thanks to @Takanodan @B3lial and @Drainer for your feedback - after the first post, I felt I was doing a useless job, but your thread showed me that this kind of info is needed here as well.

Meanwhile, let's drool at new splash screen:
    [​IMG]

As usual, if you have any questions, please let me know.

2. cmec1

cmec1 User

good job, but 1st part should have been done right after maintenances

3. Fragola

Fragola User

was busy answering people with broken quests, sorry :p

4. Fragola

Fragola User

Another splash:

[​IMG]

CarmenSpectra and Captive7 like this.
  5. Fragola

Fragola User

And another news: today we received EU 5.0 version for testing, so fingers crossed and waiting for news from QA team about any ETAs on it. I'll keep you informed whenever I can about the progress.

Hax, CarmenSpectra and Captive7 like this.
  6. Skizzo

Skizzo User

It's Time to open a PTS!

7. Fragola

Fragola User

nope :p

8. Fragola

Fragola User