1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

[13.12.2017] Dimensional content

Discussion in 'Team Blog Archive' started by CM Fragola, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Fragola

Fragola User

[​IMG]

Today we successfully connected the Dimensional Server to Core and Ramona.
    In this post, I'll explain why and how things will work from now on.

Why?

Dimensional sieges were introduced in Lindvior update and Core lived without them as there was no sister server to fully enable the Dimensional content. Of course, we had stone randomizer and Marks of Advance added to your WHs, but the lack of full content definitely bothered the EU population.

Ramona was launched to finally give full game content and we wanted to wait until Ramona is ready for DS, that's why we added this server to stone randomizer and we were monitoring the situation with the PvP weapons. Of course, as Ramona is 5 years behind Core in development, it's natural that the average boost of characters there is much lower and will probably stay like this if for quite a long while.

Salvation comes with Etis van Etina/Kain van Halter raid which involves Dimensional server as on the second stage it's being decided which server gets which Raid Boss. Since we wanted to provide full update content, we needed to launch Dimensional server anyway, but this would mean Dim Sieges and Dim raids would come as well. You cannot have just 1 piece of Dim Content without another.

How this will work from now on

After it became obvious that we cannot have Etis/Kain raid without launching DS/DR, I took this to our Clan Leader Council to have their opinion on it and collect possible concerns about a target launch date.

[​IMG]

After quite an active discussion it was decided that:

1) Dimensional Content should be launched even if Ramona isn't ready for DS because it will provide Core the missing content. Ramona won't be fully equalized in gear for a long time, but it shouldn't delay the content introduction for Core.

2) We will stop distributing Dark Helios Enhancement Stone for Core as it was introduced to supplement the missing DS.

3) Ramona will keep getting the stone for regular sieges based on randomizer as it lacks the supply of PvP stones comparing to Core

4) Both Ramona and Core clans can participate in DS without any restrictions.

5) First Dimensional Sieges will happen on December 17, second - on December 31. As they happen on a week without regular sieges, this year it's inevitable to have one of the sieges on Sunday, Dec 31.

6) We've prepared an article about the Dimensional siege in our wiki: https://l2wiki.com/Dimensional_Sieges, feel free to ask additional questions in the comments below.

7) Dimensional Raids happen on Saturday on a week with regular sieges. You can read more about them on our wiki as well: https://l2wiki.com/Dimensional_Raid

8) Marks of Advance will be added to characters WHs until the first Dim Raid is over, as we want to make sure that it works as intended.

If you have any questions about the introduction of the Dimensional Content, please let me know in the comments below.

To keep all Dim discussions in one place, here are more questions for you from @Rnika

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Captive7 and Rnika like this.
  2. MindlessTV

MindlessTV User

so...if we understand properly...DS is a gift for Core and a pain for Ramona due to keeping Ramona limited to Paulina items. This why there are no restrictions for Ramona because they will be "farm food" for Core. GRATZ! Players like me from Ramona are very "proud" of you!!! Just remember that update after update the drops were nerfed and many things can't be found on Ramona. I think you should remake for Ramona a special "drop/content" scheme to allow players to "taste" this update, else....like you said " characters [..] will probably stay like this if for quite a long while" and I can say that will stay like this FOREVER.

3. Rnika

Rnika User

And oryginally there are some restrictions? I dont think so...
    Ramona on pauline sets... dont make us laught. Ppl there have pretty similar EQ. sets +8+ pvp (because of free farm gainak and tarots) you will have still randomizer for pvp weapon stones and posibility to get any castle for dark armor stones on Dimenional.
    You have problem with fering drops? Mape patition to NCsoft not innova. Also to players that have complexes and have to bots. Mainy drop nerf if because of making bots useless. And its not because innova wants it. Its just a NCsoft devs ideas.

4. andrius3022

andrius3022 User

Why pain for ramona.. Ramona will keep same by having äditional "dimentional siege". So besides regular PVP stone every siege there will be a chance for ramona players to participate to dimentional and at least try to get some pvp armor stones or maybe even weapon stones... + everyone has same chance to get PVE stones, life stones, enchants, etc from dimentional raids despite their gear.

And in Core besides EN and TH there is no other clan that can be that hard to fight tbh and I am sure thouse two clanss will be busy with each other to bother small castles.

TheQQmaster and CM Fragola like this.
  5. Hax

Hax User

Let me answer those quickly:

1) Ramona has no chance vs TH/EN. There are no big clans with very stacked players outside these two though. There are 9 castles. TH/EN cannot get more than 2-3 themselves for sure. I can (nearly) promise you that.
    2) Many. If you have a castle on siege, you probably can have a castle on dim siege too. TH/EN dont have enough ppl to attack/interrupt each other and bother with other castles.
    3) The Top clans have a chance; and those who ally with TH/EN.
    4) Yes. Rune+Aden will be exclusive to TH/EN.

Ramona is not forced to participate in Dimensional Siege, it's only added benefit and chance. Everything else stays the same, so guys before going mad like dinnervate, please read what Fragola wrote first.

CM Fragola likes this.
  6. Captive7

Captive7 User

Weekend's will be good :)

CM Fragola likes this.
  7. Padj1l

Padj1l User

Good news, hope we'll have some fun. This is actually pretty good for ramona as top clans from there can probably get a lower castle on dim siege in addition to pvp weapon stone from regular siege, I think this is a nice compromise.

8. Copeland

Copeland User

People shouldn't bash Ramona too much. It's hurting on mid-tier jewelry in its Auction House, but I made a char on Core, and your general supply in the AH is terrible for newer players too. Not much selection and a lot of super overpriced items like a +5 Blessed Apo Slasher 300 ele no SA for 5b.

9. LangleyQueen

LangleyQueen User

As people people said here, the main 2 points are:
    1- EVERY weekend will have action from now on, so people that only login to sieges for action will have it doubled.
    2- Both servers will get Etina/Kain ( PvP/Pve stones for both weapon and armor). Core server will have more PvP stones from dimensional castles ( lowering the price of Dark Weapons/armor eventually), and Ramona server will have some chace to get extra items/stones from dimensional castles, in addition to the ramdomizer.

All in all, it is a Win-Win situation.
    A lot of people didn't understand this: RAmona and Core CAN'T BE MERGED! We need 2 servers for most of the content that will be added from now on (Dimensional olympiad/heroes).

CM Fragola likes this.
  10. Naito

Naito User

Donors from Ramona have problem with DS ? This half year server have many better geared characters than me. This game isn't profitable without donations, so where is the problem ? Just go full donate and you will have equal chances.

All we missing now is posbility to transfer character from one srver to another one. Thanks to this options people will make a balance on both servers.

11. zauliuz

zauliuz User

you think one party from ramona can do something against th/en zerg? how many pvp sets ramona have? while 90% th/en with pvp sets vs 1 party with pvp set.. what about weapons.. what is highest oe in ramona? 10? 12? while core pvp weapons almost all +12 or more. + 2 valakas and 1 lindvior casters. gl to them to stay alive longer than iss cele dissapears.. ;)

12. Padj1l

Padj1l User

Top clans from ramona will fight nakedforce/BA/ddz most likely, not TH/EN. Unless they decide to team up with either of these clans.

13. Naito

Naito User

With a full pvp set +10 i am getting from EN feoh/archers 150k dmg, so like it matters. Just brooch count, more brooch in party more wins/kills. And this brooch lvl 6 on Core are also new so Ramona isn't far behind Core.

14. St0ne

St0ne User

Its only a matter how good th/en will oranize their box clans to get as much as possible.
    Ramona pple doesnt count atm.

15. Rnika

Rnika User

Honestly, we should get all character transfered from ramona to Core and get Dimensional siege against RU servers. That would be best for everyone
    Ru will have new two pretty strong opponents TH EN
    We will have interesting Dim Sieges against new enemies.
    Atm Dim siege will be pretty similar the same like is siege on Core. Ramona will be at dim like a new clan on core that is mid clan
    Ramona players transfered to Core would get more chances for not quit because of dead ramona server

Fragola maybe discuss this with your team. This option will be good for everyone i think
    Also i think leaders of Top clans will hand up for this.

16. Hax

Hax User

not really. If we do a full scale attack on EN, they need to either attack us or defend their castle with full force. They can't spare parties to other castles. Max 1-2 Parties can be sent away, which gets back to what I wrote: TH/EN (alone) can only crest 2-3 Castles MAX. If we both go full carebear and defend only our own castle then ofc we can crest all 9 in total but that won't happen.
    Dec 13, 2017
    if they open transfers to RU server, I'll go straight :D

17. Rnika

Rnika User

i did not ment about transfer character to RU, just about transwer Ramona to Core and open Dim siege for Core vs Ru servers :p

18. Fragola

Fragola User

DS vs Ru servers isn't possible, sorry :(

19. LangleyQueen

LangleyQueen User

"
    -Hey, do you want to leave your 'dead' server where you can free farm and get your gear and join a 6 years old server where you will have no place in Dragons/RB's/Gainak to continue your farm?
    -Hum....I think i'm gonna pass, man. Thanks, but no thanks."

iKrockle and Naito like this.
  20. CDVM

CDVM User

are u high?