1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Skill damage and skill power bonus

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by LuckyLuciano, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notic

Notic User

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify:
    1. Bloody instinct (yul trickster) says it adds p. skill damage +15%
    2. Counter instinct (yul GS) says it adds p. skill power +15%

Is this just a typo and means the same or...?

On very basic level P. skill damage=p.att + skill damage, so does it mean:
    1. (p.att+skill damage) *1.15
    2. p.att+skill damage*1.15

Or im reading it wrong and it means the same?

2. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

If it really is not a typo, should be right on both. it should be taking final damage into consideration which is boosted by 15% on tickster.

the ghost sentinel , is kinda tricky, but probably simple, it says skill power but does that mean the base damage of the skill? i dunno for sure if it takes all skill power into consideration by other sources (longing, set, enchants), probably does to coz it's very noticable dmg increase without crits.

3. Preslav

Preslav User

I don't play nor played yul, but as far as i see things:

1/ yul skills oe for power => increase by that % the damage or only the power? I think its the actual damage (otherwise pretty ******ed skill oe path, because as you increase patk, you will not see benefit from this oe)
    2/ b valakas/tauti ring/longing => increase actual damage with 5%/5%/4% respectively damage (says skill power). Same as above.

If that is so, for all intents and purposes, they interchange skill power with damage while using skills?

4. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

i dont play yul but i think they go +break and not +power. im pretty sure it increases the skill base power, so it shouldn't take into consideration the p atk for sure, but no idea wether this skill power gets boosted by other skill power multipliers(rly think its just base). Or maybe this added skill power becomes the next base damage as in the past, enchanting skill to power would give new base dmg to it.

5. Karmaniola

Karmaniola User

You have it all wrong. Read any skill's description. It goes something like that: "...adds XXXX power to the p.attk...". That's physical skill power, not damage, not p.atk.

Physical skill damage, is the outcome, the damage, that it takes under consideration target's p.def, attribute etc etc

Which is better? Depends on the equations.

6. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

???

if it was to me, i said base dmg as in base skill power, too used to LoL

7. Karmaniola

Karmaniola User

Not you, but to the original poster. To make it more clear for others as well: The difference between 5% Skill Damage VS 5% Skill Power.

- If your skill X makes 100 damage to the target A, then with 5% Skill Damage it will make 105 damage, IF all other conditions remain the same (p.def., level difference, attributes etc)

- If your skill X add 100 power to your attack, then with 5% Skill Power it will add 105 power to your attack. It's almost the same as enchanting a skill for +Power. If that also translates to +%5 more damage it is related to the damage formula the developers have set in game.

xa0xa0xa0 likes this.
  8. Notic

Notic User

In case of enchant skills with power it adds percentage only to damage of skill (i.e. skill A deals 100 added to p.att (i.e. 100). So 10% enchant on power will be 100*1.1+100

So Id assume the counter instict should work the same

9. Hax

Hax User

trickster deals 10% less dmg on crits during 101, end of story :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.