1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

OFFER Sayha's Talismans discussion

Discussion in '2018' started by CM Fragola, Jan 17, 2018.

1. MaoMao

MaoMao User

This is what you and the bunch of ebayers and bots like you made it to be. I was playing in Botland since 2004 until they opened this and people were paying for bot and adena on the black market at inflated prices so they can PK legits at Dion gate. The devs caved in and gave you what you wanted.

Now ebaying is legit and you are still complaining? Since ebaying is legit, why do you need to slay mobs? Go buy bait to level afk like in old chronicles, buy talismans, +20 pvp weapons made with bugs etc and then wonder why nobody comes to sieges to give you satisfaction that you managed to kill someone. Of course you wont be able to win with similar ebayers, but you still hope you can grief some paulina people. Tough luck, we dont care. I never cared anyway and one day went to be pked for 5 hours straight until the PK guy got bored.

While what you say is true to some extent, and I appreciate your constructive input, you are wrong.

First, the purpose of l2store is not to sell adena, but chances to various "valuable" in adena items. Many people seem to forget that. You just sell the cheap ones and we can buy at a reasonable price and can go do PvE at least.The fact prices dropped so much and so fast is not our fault, but Innova's because they nerfed all "free" events in the last year so nonebayers have no way to farm anything, therefore have no money to buy ebayers leftovers from L2store. Innova is trying to clear people which are light users of l2store and below (PA-only and the freebies, the very few still hanging on) and this is the real reason the server and their revenue is drying up. Until they do not realize that, there is no hope, I said this last year too, so far they didn't listen, we will see if things will change from now on or if they really want to close in a couple of months from now.

Then, Tauti is 2 bn now, so from 3.5-4 to 2.5 or even below is a very decent drop. As for the fact tarots dont give other talismans, there are ways to get them, without l2store. But people are so dependent of it that forgot how to play the game, no wonder they cry over the spilled milk. You want only PvP without PvE and everything available from L2Store? Fine, the game is slowly turning into counterstrike as bots and ebayers always wanted since 2003.

Also, earth wyrm is not the only item dropping in price, breeze, might, hourglass, EoD/GE (complaining about high jewel prices? here is your chance!) and many others, I saw people selling GE for 6 mil. Soon will be cheaper than at CH, thank god I dont have to police that anymore. Subsequently longing is now 8 bn or below, while not halving in price, it is still going down for a while now. Full +10 PvE armor was 100 bn not many months ago, now is 50 bn or even 45, tarots give enchants, events give enchants, packs, etc. Sure, not all is due to this bundle, but the prices which were falling for some time took a sudden downturn in many cases.

I started the event with some 60 bn at most, now I have 100 bn+ abu level 1, 20+ energies/blessings a few +8 and +6 blessed armors I bought from clannies so they have money to trade too, +14 pve weapon, 7 signs, abu 4 are not impossible now, I still have lots of dragon and shining dragon chests, although i did sell almost all embryo bait, shadow and enhanced shadow ingots/weapons since we will have fishing event soon. The fact they announce in advance is a real help for us, we need to be very careful and plan ahead, invest, trade, etc. I like this a lot and many other people, not everyone appreciates "pivipi", especially since it is so expensive, hopefully Innova will understand that caring for the other people than 5 figures donors might give not only more income, but improve the game for their primary target too.

Until now we were a pest wasting their time with tickets and stuff, but they will probably realize one day that a server with 200 donors is not enough to keep the donors donating, even if, through years of mismanagement, those are almost the only income source now.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Motanu likes this.
  2. Notic

Notic User

I agree with pretty much what you said, but the reason why prices are dropping have very little to do with event (mostly), which was my point. The prices drop due to people leaving, cashing out, no adena inflow and nobody wanting to buy overpriced items and others not wanting to sell their stuff for half for what they paid. The event itself has rather little effect on overall economy. And as someone said, just not sure whether in this thread, these events just shift adena among people and that is only if you buy l2store. And in this case, rich get richer and poor ..well they managed to snap 1-2 items that dropped in price with their hard earned adena. But general situation from that does not change much. You also forgetting that this price drop is affecting the same people who you say benefit from it. Imagine someone who bought tw+8 months ago for 8b, no its probably 5b or less. Same people both winning and loosing and it evens out at the end.

And yes Innova needs to do something about their policies, unless they plan on shutting it down the server within a year, then they are going the right path.

3. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Yes and no. I agree the prices are dropping for a long time hence my protest when fishing was nerfed, that was a way to make adena with PA only and many newbies used it to get past the 30 days paulina limit. It also brought new adena in a deflationary economy.
    Some people do not understand economy and cry about inflation when in fact not even top ebayer prices are going up, actually this is the first time I am thinking we can afford a +14 pve weapon, OK, top ebayers go for PvP+20 and the bugs that allowed them, but still, up until a month ago, +13 was our goal. The fact is, for everyone who knows to read a price, that ACROSS THE BOARD prices are going down. The definition of deflation is a general reduction of prices over time and this is exactly what is happening, prices are going down "generally", the odd item here and there, due to context, such as abundance talismans (not the high grade, of course) do not change the general idea at all.

If people do not want to sell their stuff for half they paid means the prices will go down slower, when in fact my perception is that they are accelerating down. Of course as a proportion, not in absolute terms, they are already half what they were a short while ago, cant go to 0 to keep the same rate in absolute terms.
    Well, yes, no adena inflow is a problem, autopickup does not change that significantly because the game is designed to force the average joe buy l2store, the problem I have is with people which claim inflation when there is none, in fact an ever snowballing opposite, therefore claims that an old type of fishing event will exacerbate a non-existing inflation make me smile.
    Personally I fail to understand how quitting reduces the adena in game, unless you say people quitting sell gear and then adena to the black market and those "dealers" are then banned removing a serious chunk of adena with them.
    In spite of explaining that cannot happen, some people in my clan believe GMs are buying items at AH to alleviate the problem, but this is more the effect of wishful thinking, the hope of a divine intervention to solve a very real problem.

So overall, yes the prices drop due to other causes, but the event made some items drop way faster than the average, say 10-15% a month deflation rate, literally halved in a few days and that is what I am talking about. Who does not have cash will not perceive any change as their gear and the items they would like to buy lose value in the same proportion, therefore not affecting them at all, except the really poor which can farm a few millions and buy immortal and requiem when paulina expires.

What I wish to emphasize though, is what you also noticed, but placed in a different context, which negates the real meaning:
    Yeah, they do, and that is a good thing, because they enable the market to function, it would be absolutely gridlocked by deflation otherwise.
    But that is not the point at all, the point is that, in order to keep the same level of domination over fellow ebayers, top ebayers MUST buy the new items, so l2store transactions happen but:
    1. Top ebayers also have tons of adena and "junk" items from gambling high priced lottery tickets they can cash out now and then dramatically lowering the prices for the rest of people for which those items are really OP compared with what they have. They will make more cash during these events dropping the prices and the average joe selling a tornado pack can gear himself way-way better than could otherwise just selling tarots for the same amount of euro.
    2. This helps the "middle-class" avoid being relegated to the absolute destitute category, proportionally, while top ebayers gain 10-15% max power, the small ones can go as high as 30-35% up, therefore narrowing the gap a bit, while the absolute destitute people which do not buy l2store but manage to work hard and farm free events, griffin eggs, EoD etc, they get boosted even more, they start to be able to do some PvE outside kartia and kama, which is a big change for them.

CM Fragola likes this.
  4. Preslav

Preslav User

I see these reasons for prices going down:
    - People massively quitting and selling items to cash out, so higher supply of same type of items, but almost zero demand if the items are not super high oe/top brooch jewels/etc (generating a surplus of some items)
    - People crafting dragon weapons (or going for lv6 jewels/sayha 10, etc), i.e. many of them RMTing adena, exausting the supplies of sellers, which of course increases the adena price, lowering the adena value of items.

So in the end, you can enjoy "lower prices", but how is that good considering OP ppl become even more OP and server gets emptier by the day? And still with those prices, stop using l2store for a few months and check how did these price changes help you?

5. Arbogast

Arbogast User

more items than players

6. xXGuliverXx

xXGuliverXx User

@CM Fragola When we can expect merge of servers?
    I am asking because Ramona are dead and economy also don't exsit any more.

7. Riquinho

Riquinho User

if merge - > no dimensional siege ;D

8. Cordana

Cordana User

Just move people and leave server empty for dimensional purpose

9. Notic

Notic User

I don't think anyone crying about inflation, everyone realise the prices are dropping. The people are complaining about l2store prices which are only increasing every event, now couple that with decreasing ingame prices and you have ever decreasing Adena/EUR rate. And from events you usually get the same pool of items over the years whose prices been dropping ever since.

Yes, and that should be a worrying sign indicating there are no people buying items. Which can imply mainly 2 things: no adena or no players.

Hm... I would like to see people complaining about increasing prices of ingame items, since I've seen only comments about dying economy and dropping prices. Plus, I did not say that quitting reduces adena in the economy, but it reduces the prices more so than the event itself. Imagine a person who is trying to cash out and quit for good is selling tauti ring. When this even hit, he had no choice but to cut other sellers to sell it faster and be gone for good.

And that is the problem, events should benefit those at the lowest level the most, considering the proportional power spike. And current events benefits nobody except top and middle with tens of billions spare adena.

That's the thing, the lower level players even suffer from this, since all their farmed scrolls, eod, ge drop dramatically in price due to richer players mass selling all that "junk" they get from taros which they were forced to buy. All events now are focused on l2store or exp, when it should be focused on farming items, where lower lvl players can farm items and either sell them and make adena or try their luck getting a decent item. At current state, there is no added value to lower lvl players since they have nothing to sell and no adena to take advantage of event.

10. Leckter

Leckter User

Just thinking out loud :
    1) Less players, so harder to sell, this point was already mentionned above.
    2) L2store events bring more and more 0 adena items, which can't be sold for new adenas (NPC) + adena creation IG by mobs is getting gutted.
    Add this to adena drains (skill enchants, dragon weapons, item broker etc), and maybe adenas gains back some relative value ? Because total server adena amount decreases while items increase in number ?

11. rippie

rippie User

you are presuming things about me that are incorrect, none of the above applies, i just stated likely cause and effect. but whatever :)

12. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I think that, rather than less players, is many items. I dont think every player has earth wyrm or tauti therefore nobody needs except for low level alts, there are many players which do not have those. That is the problem, innova tries to force people to buy l2store and continuously nerfs "free"events, like the horse one, not only that the hungry horse has been removed which was the main fun in the event, but also drops from pouches were severely nerfed, so people cant make EoD and GE figuring this is the way they force them to buy l2store to get jewels.

Of course we dont have the same numbers as when the event first run, a year of continuous l2store and nerfing of the other events brought us here. But to say there are no players which need those is false, unless you are in a top ebayer clan where everyone is stack to the max and, of course, nobody needs meager abundance and tauti rings, because even their pets have them. People need them, there is just no way to work for them somehow, for most people, their main income opportunities, the events, are practically removed now and if you do not have strong capital to exploit various imbalances, you are stuck at the bottom. The pyramid does not work, at the bottom people cant feed to sustain it and is coming down, not because there are no people, but because those people cannot contribute to the economy and this affects everyone. This is neocon economy at a small scale, invest and produce, but fire people to increase efficiency of the production forgetting that unemployed and homeless people cannot afford to buy anything so the market is shrinking while you try to produce more and more efficient. By forcing an overproduction and prices down, we do not solve the fundamental problem, but less people die of hunger, i.e. more manage to hang on for a while hoping Innova finally starts to think of them too. This means that, due to this event, some of the people will be able to explore new areas and even invest a bit catching up on the social ladder, and as such thinking less of quitting.

In order to solve the issue is to employ the people, engage them in the economy, in the trading, encourage social mobility, stop the "delete" calls to "noobs" and "no hands" people, the russians did that in ncwest from day one and the results are visible.

Actually, no, those items were always dropping from tarots and events, but the problem is only people with money can use them, a poor sap with +4 armor will not risk it, so enchants are not used, while the bugs allow other people to use few scrolls and obtain the desired result. Yes, EoD dropped in price a lot, abut also jewels, so, now, we can afford some of those too, no? We can farm for ourselves, get stronger and explore other ways of making money.

I dont say there are no other causes, of course they are, people here are the most polite I ever saw in l2, innova did destroy the economy, but not entirely as people imagine, the changes are more subtle than that, and, since they never cared for the people which pay only pa or very little, those ended up quitting barring a few die hard fans, in majority over 30 yo.
    If they will start listen and understand that caring for all the player base is the only way to stop the decline and attract new people, that a freemium model needs a mass of cannot fodder to feed the ego of the top ebayers, people engaged, that "cry" and struggle in the claws of the fat cats, then we can get somewhere.
    As it is now, people which do not "invest" heavily are disconnected in their own bubble, PvE, this is what it means, we do not participate in sieges (no more fame), in pvp, even in the market, lately, so what is the element that attracts people? PvE is not bad, OK, lack of gear makes it challenging, but also locks out most high end zones, even atelia. gos or even EV and some parts of GC are very hard for most people, while ebayers solo them on alts. A server where the 2 communities are isolated is not only dying, but is already dead. Innova must think of ways to improve the experience of both by connecting them, for example, forts were a nice way to PvP for legit clans when were introduced in ncwest, okay, all castles were controlled by a few trains, but it was not worth it for them to come to forts except now and then to grief legits. Now even forts are hard to get without serious gear, and, while i agree a fully stacked ebayer can take them easily with his solo cp, a full party of pve people struggles and has to result to various subterfuges and trick the AI in order to do it. So, no PvP at forts either, because a single defender can keep 2 attacker parties at bay with the help of the NPCs.

There are many changes which are difficult to see from outside, not only in economy, I agree it is very difficult for the management to see what is going on, if they join top ebayer clans, it is also difficult for the top ebayer people to understand what is going on and why there is no activity and no challenge, instead of creating artificial fights like this tournament, they could concentrate on solving the fundamental problems which are eating away player experience and revenues.

13. andrius3022

andrius3022 User

Dont accuse Innova..
    It is in general NCSoft fault.

14. Hater

Hater User

i have the same question, it's not like ramona actually matters in dimensional ... don't even have enough ppl to recruit in smaller clans, imo would be better to just move ppl now and properly plan and promote a new server for september / october, can't really do this proper and in a hurry, and honestly, you have to give players a chance to farm past paulina without l2store, or else everything will just continue going downhill; just my 2 cents

15. Surprised

Surprised User

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    over one year conversation with one of innova workers, I guess the time has come :D

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Leckter likes this.
  16. zauliuz

zauliuz User

for server who is alive 10+ years maybe it's "good" idea. but for 7y old server where only 4 dragon weapons, and even those is only lv1 it's not the smartest choice to cut adena income.. but yes. everything can be fixed with another fishing event. or like few years ago east eggs event with ton of r99 bless items.

17. АльфаКуропат

АльфаКуропат User

Why do you rely on the prices of the Russian lineage, when the dollar is worth 56 rubles(1$=56Rub). rejoice that it is not more expensive:D .....

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  18. АльфаКуропат

АльфаКуропат User

all right

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  19. -V77-

-V77- User

That means we need to start learning RU alfabeth and go play there.
    While they can buy 4 packs i can buy 8 packs huehuehue

20. goduole

goduole User

Ty innova for equal rights :D