1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

[25.01.2018] PvP tournament - pros and cons

Discussion in 'Team Blog Archive' started by CM Fragola, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
?

PvP tournament 7v7, separate server, equal level/gear

Poll closed Feb 1, 2018.
  1. I will participate

55.8%
  2. I will watch

20.2%
  3. NO GOD PLEASE NO

24.0%
  1. Notic

Notic User

What part of that was wrong? Just do simple math and u will know that it ends up with more power than defense.

2. cmec1

cmec1 User

yes maybe.. shows us a test with lv5 brooches and talismans for dmg against char (lets say iss/heal) with all def ones
    lets say dd - gs 101 skills +20 use br +abu and dont 1shot iss with that... and then try same without those also with new update mehanics when u will be trying it against healer remove all sonatas (since isses cancel now removes all 3 with 100% chance and that 1 crit hit counts)
    problem should be organizers testing a bit with enchant weapon or even +4 just for bonus of weapon to make it more balanced (not +12-14 weapons)

also.. just for u to know.. this game didnt had balance since c1.. and probably will never have it

3. yLogy

yLogy User

Not so true...

Offensive stats are exactly same as description says. It mean, 15% skill power, 15% more damage from p.skills.
    Defensive stats are not exactly same, hard to determine them absolutely correctly, but standartly u can count like *2 - *3.
    So if Abundance says 15% damage reductions, its like 30% in final damage.
    If 3rd SA says 5% damage reduction, its around 15% damage reduction on final damage.

4. Notic

Notic User

So everyone for years now is saying that all l2store items old and new ones further breaks the game but you're saying they bring more balance. Get help.. seriously.
    Jan 26, 2018
    lol what?

5. yLogy

yLogy User

Do u see, u dont know some basics about items ( propably, because u never possesed them ) and argumenting with Hax about more complicated stuff...

6. Padj1l

Padj1l User

They ruin the game mostly because a very little amount of players have them, so they smash those who don't. Anyway we can argue here forever, either we stick to the game as it is, or try to change it completey and hope for better balance. My choice goes to what I know, rather than a jump in the unknown. Because playing without most of the items around which the game was designed is certainly not gonna bring balance, just create new unbalanced meta and whoever is lucky to guess the best setup will win.

7. Notic

Notic User

I think you need to read tests people did or do some yourself before even talking any further because your number are pulled out of your ***

8. yLogy

yLogy User

My numbers are absolutely correct.

Hax likes this.
  9. Notic

Notic User

So you are suggesting the majority of people to jump into the unkown (considering only handful of people know what a char with full gear can do)?

That is the whole point of basic gear to bring creativity diversity and uncertainty. And what changes to "game" are you talking about?? Game was designed wth basic items in mind for many years most of these items were designed for l2store not the game :)

10. Padj1l

Padj1l User

How many people play with brooch, shirt,abundance, +8 sets at least on this server ? How many play with +0 eternal and no epics ? I think there's more in the first category, BY FAR. I don't have lvl 6 brooch myself, but anyone who plays this game actively is used to the rest. Of course the game was designed around l2store, the point of this game is to make you spend money, everything is designed around it, including game balance.

Anyway I made my point, not gonna fight with you more on this.

11. cmec1

cmec1 User

and the numbers in game lie? ^^ its just helarious
    let me give u same "formulas" as u gave..
    15% skill power is 15% more dmg add to it rapso it becomes more than 50%.. because it doubles patk on which calculates skill dmg
    from abu u get more than -15% pvp dmg just because it has pdef/mdef on it.. not because the stat -15%..

12. yLogy

yLogy User

U are again absolutely wrong. How many tournaments did u participated in past? I suppose 0.

Every tournament was kinda new for everybody. Tournament server is absolutely different for everybody and also PVPs. Fragola already says, she wanna have matches around 5 minutes. So it mean characters must be squishy. Most propably if 2 top stacked parties on equal PVP will do 7v7 on Core under current circumastances, PVP will be basically endless.

So it will be new for everybody and it must be tested and final list of items should make PVPs around 5 minutes. So it mean, characters must be really squishy and die fast.
    Jan 27, 2018
    Yes ,defensive numbers lie. There are different formulas. Go test obsidian or 3rd SA. It gives only pvp damage reduction. U will see its much more than 15%, resp. 5%.
    It is how i said, just log 1 tyrr. Take all ur items and buffs. Use skill with fixed damage. ( Purple one, dont remember name). And just equip / reequip obsidian or 3rd SA weapon and count difference...

13. Notic

Notic User

Believing someone who does not even agree with himself is somewhat difficult.

I will be nice and here is the conlusion from test from russian forums

For example, if the dark set and belt of rulers gave a simple pvp protection, then with the original value of damage, for example, 10,000 you would get
    10000 * 0.92 (top) * 0.95 (trousers) * 0.97 (helmet) * 0.98 (gloves) * 0.98 (boots) * 0.91 (belt) = 8142 damage.
    However, it works like this:
    10000 * (100- (8 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9)) / 100 = 7100. The difference is obvious.

Im pretty sure you can do the math here yourself and see through your own ********

cmec1 likes this.
  14. cmec1

cmec1 User

and now u are contraversing yourself..
    we suggested no brooches at all - u said it gives more def than atk.. now u say u need less deff more atk.. its just DOH!..

15. yLogy

yLogy User

Im not commenting what should be in tournament. Im just explaining U how items works. As i said, u need to make items to have 5 minutes matches +-.

16. Notic

Notic User

Hey I just logged tyrr and tested with abu talisman. 15% pvp reduction is exaclty 15% reduction in damage. Have a nice day and keep your lies to yourself next time.

Leckter likes this.
  17. yLogy

yLogy User

As i said my friend, log 2 chars. 1 tyrr with MEga strike and 1 char to hit. Mega STrike has fixed damage. And just equip and reequip obsidian and u will if its 15% or no :) My bet is, it wont be 15%. It will be 15% if u will test totally naked character without even passive skills...

18. Notic

Notic User

I did even more tests:
    damage - 294
    with abu - 250 (15% less)
    + belt - 235 ( 20% less)
    + sayha skill - 222 (24.5% less)

Obsi is unfortunately on tyrr account but I hardly doubt it miraculously reduce damage differently.

19. yLogy

yLogy User

Do u have fraps? Because i do, and for me results were different...

So results of test:

Damage with obsidian lv 4 equiped - 161
    Damage with Obsidian lv 4 unequiped - 196
    Difference: 21,74%. Description of obsidian lv4 - Decrease incomming PVP damage by 11%.

Source:

20. Notic

Notic User

Well first its 17.85% damage reduction and second try doing it without any pvp reduction items and then with all.