1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

[11.02.2018] Community Feedback on everything

Discussion in 'Team Blog Archive' started by CM Fragola, Feb 11, 2018.

1. DarkMagic

DarkMagic User

We need decent farming events regularly. Last farming event was like years ago. We used to have like letter collecting, dargon eggs , some alien **** and others before. Like what happened ? Make it P2P and P2W. Keep the L2store but for heavens sake make some kind of normal farming doable for casual players. If you want any new players to stay or attract.

Lets be honest here. The future does not look bright :/

2. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I have written before about this, the story is this:

1, I came here from Botland as soon as it opened and dragged all clan almost, 2 americans stayed behind.
    2. After 6 months or so had the tiger sleeping event and I reported a bot train at s1, for a few days, nothing happened, so I relinquished clan leadership (NewDawn) and quit because after 8 years of bots I had no intention of putting up with more of the same.
    3. After about 3 years, a casual conversation revealed that the bot problem is pretty much solved, so I came back and reported bots at fields of silence and were removed in minutes. This convinced me to stay, but I had a problem.
    4. I used an email admin@company.tld as I was the IT Manager there at the time and too lazy to make another (I already had 2 accounts with my external gmail and yahoo accounts). When I came back I used that account as it had a healer level 85 in bound s and r gear with 1.5 mil in adena.
    5. Classic came up later and I signed up for 2 accounts for the promo. One of them was the now main account with the email from my former work. Since I no longer had access to the account and trying to change it was impossible since the admin there did not receive any mail, I opened a ticket because i needed the code to apply to classic.
    6. The replies came 1 week apart and basically accused me of buying the account (after some 3 and a half years I bought a level 85 char in rags...) and asked me to prove is mine with screenshots of low level char (presumably before awakening?) tell them how many times I was banned and why (!?! WTF, why I would have had the account after being banned once, not to mention multiple times, come on people, how many get out of jail cards do you offer to bots, exploiters, RMTers, etc?) After a few months of attempting to reason with the copy-paste bot i gave up classic because the 3 months were up and my promo codes were not available and I had no reason to give a dime for such an awesome customer support.
    7. More recently, there was a rumour of password changing or something, dont remember exactly and raised the issue of losing my main account again, so I tried again to reason with the copy-paste bots and had the same experience, eventually I was not hit by the password change, whatever, I managed to solve it without the need of the email.
    8. The 2 factor authentication hit me hard this time, there was no way to do without the email change, so I transferred all transferable items, clan leadership and all, because I had no hope to solve the issue, as my new company email did not get any email either, where I was trying to transfer the account, so I thought there is some block of the "account buyer" until I proved I am not guilty. A few days before the deadline I made a last attempt and I received mail this time, so I contacted the admin at my former work place to ask if they got any email when I tried to change it again. All this time I was on the ticket refreshing a few times a day (the time between replies were no longer 7-8 days, but 4-5, so props for understanding the matter was an emergency). The admin said there is still no email, so I went there and we removed the spam filter (lowering sensitivity did not help as the score was 103 compared with a medium recommended score of 20) so, eventually, I managed to change the email which was promptly observed by the bot which replied way faster than usual that the problem was solved.

Yeah, solved by myself, after 1 year and half, costed me the promo codes for classic and the accounts there, a lot of worry and nerves for being accused of being a RMTer when I always stood on the right side of the rules, even in Botland, just because I was not a heavy donor.

LORDSQUAT likes this.
  3. MaoMao

MaoMao User

What I propose for newbies and PvE people to stay and fill in the gaps int he market and pyramid of players:

1. Shadow armors (not temporary, but like shadow weapons, some half the pve benefit of the pve99 ones, but applicable to r and r95, for example), with some stones as rewards of quests (like blacksmiths soul one) or as drops in fishing event, various farming events, special raids such as gludio instance, etc):
    2. Easier access to shadow ingots so shadow weapons are easier to get;
    3. Instead of increasing the number of items ratio per Eur in l2store events, bundle tarots with them, like the last time (but not increase price) say, for 1 eur, get one falling star chest, for 10 eur get 10, but also 3 tarots, for 100 get 100 and 50 tarots, etc. This will lower prices for tarot items and even pve people will be able to afford some to be able to go pve areas if well connected in a pve clan.

This will ensure that:
    a. There is accessible content for us too, up to the top instances and AoE spots (elven) in a good party of good friends.
    b. There is a constant path of improvement for pve chars (non-ebayers), first get r grade, then make it +6 armor and some shadow weapon, then +8 armor and improved shadow weapon, then 10 armor r/r95 and enhanced shadow weapon, then shadow semi-pve armor +10, some level 3 jewels and level 4-5 brooch, some octavis/istina, baium/aq soul rings, etc. This is smooth and possible, there is no need to have big jumps in costs, you feel you are progressing every day, not only in level, but in power too.
    c. Best of all, will not remove the need of l2store at all, people which play in shadow gear are unlikely to use l2store anyway, at most some pa, but they will add the necessary glue to keep the market working, they will buy and sell such stuff and will make it widely available for newbies at decent prices as well as buy from l2store users various low level items they do not need, because as it is now, the poor people do not actually do that in a significant way, therefore the market is deadlocked with many people having a lot of items they dont need and many people in need of those items, not affording them, both categories lose out.
    d. L2 store users will still have a huge advantage, they will still be able to farm wherever tehy want, kill high level raids, wipe any party of nonebayers with 1-2 chars and, most of all, will have such people to grief, as it is now, we dont participate in oly, dont participate in sieges, dont participate in open raids, they have to sneak in boxes to open wars and pve clans dont fight even other pve clans, because there are too few people with decent gear, most of them are in rags, such as tw +6 and +8 shadow weapon, for example.

With the introduction of more ebayer items, if there is no way for the nonebayers to afford the now obsolete former ebayer items, there is no way for ebayers to recover some cost either, other than RMT-ing and invest in the new items, if we can be 2-3 steps behind without investing a lot of money and top traders just 1 step nehind, then there wont be such a huge gaping hole between have and have nots and everyone would benefit.

These or similar changes MUST be implemented, patchwork here and there such as mammon brooches do not solve the issue, we need to lift up the newbies and poor people, make a system which works for everybody, keep the l2store users with their huge advantages, but also not make everyone else destitute, unable to use even field exp or higher level instances, not because of the level, but because of no gear to do even kartia 2-3 people.

4. Fragola

Fragola User

so no ticket ref number and "solved by myself" is a little bit different from "ignored for years".
    I'm glad you solved the problem, but please be accurate in your accusations, please.

5. yLogy

yLogy User

Whole account thingie is 1 big fail from Innova. System isnt very 2018ish. Its more like 1995ish.

If u wanna make 2nd gaming account, u need to add new mail. How many people are owners of more emails? I guess not much. So people are forced to create fictiv emails in order to play game with more characters.
    I know, in EULA and recomendation from Innova is "Keep your logins", "write it somewhere and dont forget" etc etc etc ...

But society evolving and we live in era, where attributes like comfort, easy access and others are most important for users. Companies understood it also and bringing to people products where basically with 1 registration and 1 device u can access almost everything. Thats future most propably.

I really dont know, why is so problematic to make all game accounts under 1 email...
    None is using email to play, just to register. And now imagine Innova forcing people after few years of playing to access their emails and make some confirmations there. Kind of nonsense in my opinion.

I had also troubles with 1 account. Thankfully it was my main account registered to my main email im using daily. I added to this email also phone number protection. It was working, i had registered my computer to play. After i took some break from game, i came back and i wanted to add some trusted PC and i wasnt able to receive SMS with confirmation code. Althought, number was correct. I wrote tu support, it took like 5 days i guess, i wasnt able to access my character. U cannot remove phone number without confirmation code ( problem was i wasnt able to receive SMS code, so yeah u can imagine ), basically i wasnt able to do anything about account without SMS code i couldnt receive.

In petition there wasnt really some form, so first answer from GM team was, " I need to write me your phone number to confirm it or something similar ", so basically i lost half of time with absolutely stupid conversation that could be eliminated by some formular where i would write it.

I cannot even imagine, i wouldnt make my primary character on my main email account, what if i couldnt access that email from different reasons, propably it would take weeks to access my own character, just because system is made and it requires to keep in your head where u wrote access codes to some fake emails....

just btw about phone numbers: I wouldnt able to even put back my phone number to account after it was removed by GMs. I wasnt able to receive SMS still. I tried to put same phone number to my alternative account and its working. Its not really important for me, since my mail is sync with my phone as well, but still... its kinda confirm that 4game system isnt really very good and there are problems even if u are trying to make legal steps.

Im not even speaking about casual problems, like clans are using characters of people who quitted or even died over years and u cannot contact them anymore and from time to time Innova is so smart to ask some confirmation from emails... but i understand, account sharing aint supported, but yeah... lets be realistic :)

MaoMao likes this.
  6. St0ne

St0ne User

Very well pointed,for once logyc did good thing.
    I lost around 5 accs just bcoz couldnt remind myself an passwords from like 3-4years back.
    And "recovering process" via Innova support?
    When in comes to "easy" cases they r taking just 1-2 weeks to solve,but in case uve some weirdo story to tell about acc?
    Its at least a month to solve it.
    Last time I gave up on my iss 101 :(

7. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I am very accurate in the fact that the problem took more than a year, possibly 2, (when was classic launched?) to get solved and about 3 tickets with months and copy-paste answers one week apart and not be solved with your help, actually, still. A non-solved ticket does not count as closed IMO, a copy-pate answer every week or so is worse than ignoring, is insulting, especially if over a few months time, it takes 5 minutes to solve it, instead of paste some answers, make people lose time and coupons, just because they dont donate enough to deserve some service.
    If you believe you can force people to make new accounts and start all over gearing and buying PA for years again each time their email stops working, is hacked or whatever else, you are delusional, I left botland, I left here too, everything when the bots invaded and wont be persuaded to go back to classic after this, therefore, it may work in some cases, but not all. Whether you think that is a reasonable risk and the few people lost this way are worth the potential gains from those starting all over, that is your business decision to make, it still is poor customer service and at least 18 months for an issue and still not be solved, making me lose time and money because you thought I will start over, accusing me (who started the accusations, if we are to protest over those, again?) of buying an account with a level 85 char in bound mismatched s and r grade items some 3 years and a half after server starts is absurd, and your answer is, well, you are not completely accurate. It was already a very long story, lasting a very long time, how much more detailed should it have been?
    Shame on you.
    Feb 28, 2018
    Well, that was no some fake email, it was my main mail in the company I was working as an IT manager. I left L2 completely after the bot problems as noted and didnt come back for 3 years or so, in the meantime opened my own company and moved out. This was not at the time the main account, it became later because when I came back, my old clan needed a healer so it happened to have a level 85 one already done and in a while it became the main account.
    The GMs had all the info to check, when I started, when I came back, what level was the char, how much gear had, even the paypal accounts used to top up for PA and stuff, it was never enough, would anyone in their right mind buy a level 85 char in bound items, not even set, let alone enchanted or elemented, even more, on a private email, the seller didnt bother to change to the buyer's one? Apparently, innova staff believes that is a reasonable suspicion the customer must prove wrong in order to be able to change their email account.

Let's not kid ourselves here, fox, this is a ploy to get more money, you lost your char and gear? Tough luck, put in more money and be more careful next time. Since they are incapable to get new people in, at least milk the already in ones for as much as possible.

I am maybe a bit harsh and it is likely the CM has little knowledge of such things, still, the answer she gave me is so insulting, I think this is at least in part deserved.

BTW, this is not off-topic, customer service is very much an area in the "everything" which can be included in the feedback as well as the way registration and forcing account changes on people are handled.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  8. Fragola

Fragola User

You still are not giving me a ticket ref number so I could check was it a mistake, miscommunication or simply a lack of info from one of the sides. Instead, you keep throwing "shame", "insults" and accusations, telling your story over and over again. If this was the kind of messaging you had with one of our GMs, no wonder it took "years" to help you regain access to your account as you're not answering the main question. We are trying to help, but we can't do wonders and read your mind. I also tried to see the core of the problem with this complaint of yours. Well, I tried.

Thank you for your suggestions.

9. MaoMao

MaoMao User

There are reasons for that:

1. The staff asked me absurd questions such as when i was banned, for what reason and for how long, or to give pictures of the little chars as they grew up. Well, I gave much more relevant info to check, such as the paypal account used to top up for pa, i could have provided screenshots of the statements, if there was really an interest in solving the issue. Instead I got canned answers asking over and over the same info to prove i didnt buy it or got it some other illegal way.

2. I simply dont remember which email accounts I used and when exactly were the tickets opened. I obviously didnt use the original email for it. If I knew I would get back the coupon code, then I would do the "dutiful" and dig them up in an hour or so, but this is a painful memory for me and giving ticket numbers wont give me any benefit, I gave you feed back, you may choose to acknowledge it or not, calling me a liar wont help.

3. My post with the story was already very long, adding further details such as how many tickets, how many months each when it is obvious NONE was solved in a satisfactory way, the fact I managed to solve this myself once i got an idea the spam filter might be the issue with such a high spam score, does not count as the ticket being solved, nor canned answers as being taken seriously, therefore I simplified with one ticket and being ignored (you can ignore someone passively, like not answering in the ticket, or actively, like answering same things without following up on the replies and the info contained therein), if it makes you happy, OK, mea culpa, instead of one ticket ignored for years, how about 3 tickets unsolved where i was insulted for years? I hope this is more accurate and satisfies your hunger for the truth and getting something done so it does not happen again.

10. yLogy

yLogy User

@CM Fragola
    Does players even have possibility to look into history of their tickets and get that number for U? I dont think so...

11. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I can do that, go check my email accounts for some keywords, it is not impossible, just that it was years ago and i get upset over it, therefore is a rather tedious exercise with no benefit, detrimental to my mental health.
    I promise I will do it, though, if Fragola promises will give me the coupon code for the classic promo i lost due to this.

Hum I just checked and cant find an email about a ticket anywhere, none of them, do they send an email when a ticket is opened?

Even more strange, i tried to go to the support link in the login page, i am logged in at the support page, but there is no ticket listed there. Now it is possible i opened as unregistered since i didnt have access to the original email, how to get those tickets?

12. yLogy

yLogy User

hmm I personally made like 20 + tickets and cannot see them in "resolved tickets". Strange...

13. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Can you check the associated email for notifications?

14. Fragola

Fragola User

If the mail is available, all notifications arrive at that email, and notification has ticket ref number.
    If the ref number isn't available (and he didn't say so), then we can search by email which was associated with the account. But I won't ask that in a public thread - that's why I invite everyone to ask about their tickets in PM.

It's not strange as we archive old tickets in case the acc gets hacked somehow so that the violator won't get access to the sensitive info that is usually mentioned in those tickets.

If my research shows me that you indeed couldn't access Classic and use your promo-code because of this problem, I promise to give you two codes. Please help me to find the core of the issue so nobody ever meets this problem again. If you can provide me your email/emails to my PM here, I'll ask GMs about the archived tickets associated with it/them. Even a "key word" would help.

15. MaoMao

MaoMao User

There were 2 accounts on which i bought promo for classic, the account with the problem and another one. The second one received the promo, only the one where I had no email access did not. Now I cannot request to be resent, even though I did manage to change email.
    The problem is moot anyway since I will never return to classic due to this, even if I do receive the code, but IIRC can be applied to the p2w GoD for PA or something, that was a long time ago, don't remember exactly.
    I will send you a PM with the email I had before, I am sure it is mentioned in all tickets, but I do not remember if I opened them linked to my account and email or not, the category of the problem is I can play but... Something like that. There were 3 tickets over the years.

Another issue, I never had my accounts hacked, neither here, nor in botland for much more than 10 years, how can I unarchive the tickets? Or opt-out of the feature? Or access old tickets somehow?

16. Geddys

Geddys User

xa0xa0xa0 and yLogy like this.
  17. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I do not have that problem, I am able to host own mail and most people should be able to with little to no issues.
    Some domains cost as little as 1 eur a year, hosting also can be free or 1 eur a year for just small mail traffic.

18. InfraR3d

InfraR3d User

a good idea about boting its to do a mass ban every week and post who got baned so will scary ppl to do it so , they doing that in all big mmorpgs now like wow,eso,gw2 etc.. and its being well acpeted by ppl

19. Fragola

Fragola User

Bots are being banned constantly, we don't practice "ban waves", the violators are tracked and checked daily as a part of GM job.
    We don't publish "ban lists" because we don't like to disclose information about anyone's account state to 3rd party or in public.
    If you want numbers - since 1.June.2017 we blocked 17071 accounts at Core+Ramona. And more than 600 in Classic.

marckela likes this.
  20. yLogy

yLogy User

17 071 for botting or 17 071 overall ( botting, frauds, RMT etc )