1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

NEWS Ramona + Core merge

Discussion in '2018' started by CM Fragola, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Fragola

Fragola User

[​IMG]

Lineage 2 team has been analyzing the situation on Ramona for some time, discussed it with the developers and after considering all "cons" and "pros" has decided to merge Ramona and Core. Indeed I constantly posted that we don't want to merge Ramona with Core, but the current situation on Ramona made us reconsider this point of view.

The merge is planned to be performed during maintenance on April 18.

Please note though that this is a complicated process, so the date can be moved 1-2 weeks forward. We are trying to eliminate all possible issues, so I hope you will understand this possible change of date. If you have any questions about the process, you can always ask here. If you have any questions or issues with your accounts, please address them to the Support Service as it's the most secure way to deal with your personal information.

The merged server will be called Core(+Ramona).

Schedule

March 28:
    • CH auction disabled.
    April 11:
    • Character and clan rename services suspension.
    • End of Olympiad period (without assigning Hero status).
    • Starting adding Marks of Advance to the character creation + adding missing marks to the characters who didn't complete the quest.
    April 18:
    • Server merge.
    • Dimensional server suspension.
    • Olympiad new cycle start (to contest for May heroes until April 30), points reset to 30.
    • Ceremony of Chaos new cycle start (until April 30) without assigning CoC winner status for the period April 1- April 18.
    • CH ownership reset (Excluding contestable).
    • Castle ownership reset.
    • CH auctions start.
    Dates can be changed in case of moving the merge date forward

The merge details

Characters

• There cannot be more than 7 characters on one server within the account.
    • If there are more than 7 characters on the account, the characters shall be chosen according to the following logic: XP amount (firstly), date of creation.
      • XP should be counted on the main class.
    • Clan leaders shall be transferred from Ramona to Core regardless XP amount and date of creation.
      • If there are two clan leaders on the account, the one with more XP shall be transferred.
    • If there are the characters with the same name on Ramona and Core, after the merge the one with less XP (on the main class) will get a prefix _CO or _RA.
    • If there are the characters with the same name on Ramona and Core and exactly the same amount of XP, the one which was created later will get a prefix _CO or _RA.
    • The characters with a prefix shall have a possibility to choose a new name the first time they enter the game after the merge.
    • A block of character (permanent or for some period of time) shall not influence character’s transfer.
    • A character from Ramona will not be transferred to Core, if:
      • its level is 39th and lower.
      • is waiting to be deleted.
    • Things that shall not change after merge:
      • Level, title, XP amount, Rep. value, individual fame, skills panel, skills themselves (active and passive, their level shall not change), Noblesse status (+nobless skills), PvP count, PK and Raid Points.
      • Subclasses and dual classes remain.
      • All the quests in the quest journal shall remain.
      • Mentor-mentee relations. If the mentor or the mentee was not transferred, such relations shall be broken. There should be no penalty for it.
      • PA Points.
      • The number of penalties on Ramona characters for Ceremony of Chaos registration cancellation shall remain.
    • The list of the current macro should NOT remain.
    • Friend list and block list of Core characters shall remain except for the cases when the character was deleted. Friend list and block list of Ramona characters shall NOT remain.

Items

• All the items of the transferred characters that are kept in inventory, in the warehouse or with help of Dimensional Merchant shall be also transferred.
    • All the active trades in auction house system shall be finished and the items shall be sent to the seller’s warehouse. The commission shall not be compensated.
    • Character tattoos shall remain.
    • The number of Mysterious Marks on the Ramona characters shall remain.
    • Blood Sword Akamanah\Demonic Sword Zariche\Seven Signs - all the character’s condition shall not remain for Ramona characters.

Pets

• Pet’s level and XP amount shall remain.
    • Pet’s name shall not remain. There shall be a possibility to name a pet once again.
    • The items that are located in the pet’s inventory remain.
    Clans

• If two clans on Ramona and Core have the same name, after the merge the clan from Ramona receives a _RA prefix.
    • If the clan name matches on two servers, the clan from Ramona will be able to rename the clan free of charge.
    • Clan list, clan warehouse, clan level and clan skills get transferred to Core.
    • The following clan features will not be transferred from Ramona to Core:
      • Alliances and the current war-list with other clans.
    • After the merge, the possession of clan halls will be reset for the server.
    • Clans’ daily quest progress will be reset for clans from Ramona.
    • Taxes for castles on Ramona that remain unclaimed on the moment of the merge will not be returned.
    • Clan hall owners will be compensated with the initial selling price of the clan hall. The Administration will not compensate the intentional deals before the merge to increase the compensation amount.

Contestable Clan Halls
    Possession of the following clan halls will not be reset and will retain by the clans from Core:

For Ramona Players
    • Weekly count of Vitality items will be reset. For example, if a character had 0 vitality items left, after the merge they get:
      • Non-Premium accounts - Limit restored up to 5.
      • Accounts with active Premium - up to 10.000.

F.A.Q.:

No, account "separation" isn't provided.

Unfortunately, no info yet.

Blocked accounts will stay blocked after the merge.

Yes, atm the event plan hasn't changed.

Unfortunately, the devs do not plan to "equalize" the possibilities to get this old content.

I personally never understood why they would do so, probably because they want another adena sink in a form of "adena for exp". Let's all hope they will tune this somehow later.

Clan hall owners will be compensated with the initial selling price of the clan hall.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    iLemon, Emeli, Hax and 4 others like this.
  2. Vehiron

Vehiron User

CH bid amount will be unlimited? There will be any kind of system that rich and old players wont abuse the system and take more than 1 ch with alt clans? New uprising clans will have the chance to buy one in normal price?

3. iRayDeN

iRayDeN User

L2 Store killed Core 3 years ago with the first tarot event and Ramona was a hope server without l2 store, first month ppl with shirts +10 and broochs lvl 5

Ty Innova with your GREAT L2 Store, really

golemka likes this.
  4. goduole

goduole User

They are opening new ru server , u can try there :D

5. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

They probably YOLOed with the Ramona experiment, we all witnessed how that worked out, and now trying to do it "better" in RU assuming they learned from their mistakes... LMAO...

6. Preslav

Preslav User

Yep. They merge their servers quite a lot of times, so they know clearly the fate of the new server is going to be like Ramona, so milking the cow for a few months/year and merge with the more populated servers after. Surely, they would learn from their mistakes but not the way you think, like making the server better suited for players, but milking it properly this time.

7. akaaWins

akaaWins User

Really? Its much cheaper in russian, for amount of cash i spent here i'll be starboy there. Can u give me more info? Can i use english client there?

Also, I got mail that ramona and core is a BIG MILESTONE FOR EUROPEAN LINEAGE 2 XDDDD Big milestone on how to make and kill server in literally 1 year.

8. goduole

goduole User

https://4gameforum.com/threads/693647/ ask there , if know kirilica ;p

9. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

Knowing how to merge servers doesn't suggest how a new server gonna play out today.
    That's why I said they experimented with Ramona and with the data gathered they might do a "better" job in RU.
    It's been a long time since their last new server "4 years 122 days and about 12 hours since the last server in Lineage 2 Russia".
    For better or worse, milking a new server "better" than Ramona theoretically means fewer people gonna quit and those who will, will be at a later date.
    IMO the people who really wanna play accept the L2 Store, they just want reasonable prices. In NCWest, for example, you don't hear complaints from NA people(minority) because their salaries can support their L2 Store "needs", but you do from SA+Eastern EU people(majority) since it's not designed for them. Same here, cause the majority of players are from Eastern European countries which have some of the lowest salaries in the EU.
    Bottom line is, NCSoft killed L2 by being unable to deal with botting along with an ever-increasing P2W content through L2 Store and since L2 has a hardcore game style it's a niche game, so they have to reconsider some things in order to attract players cause it seems with every decision they make more and more people quit.

10. zauliuz

zauliuz User

server name stays same or will be new?

11. Hax

Hax User

ofc it will remain the same

12. yLogy

yLogy User

It will be renamed to Core (+Ramona)

The merged server will be called Core(+Ramona).

13. mYzor

mYzor User

Change it into Corona and bring Vin Diesel and the rest of the crew from the F&F to show up at the day of the merge.
    You'll get the atention of beer lovers and F&F fans, boom! INNOVA has now shut up all of those that complain that it doesnt do anything to bring new players into the game.

1: NCSoft wasnt "unable to deal with botting", it was unwiling to do so because they knew the bots gave them money (when it was subscription model) and they kept players around.
    (and before "oh, but many players quit because of botting": At this stage NCSoft does not care about those that arent in the game, its all about trying to mantain a playerbase to milk, as those that havent left most likely wont leave.)

2: "Ever-increasing P2W content" is the bread and butter of the gaming industry these days (even reaching some single player games) and unless something happens, it will stay that way, if not get worse.
    (and no, the solution isnt found in Mr. Politic and his governmental institutions. Its up to the players.)

3: "L2 has a hardcore game style it's a niche game". If you take the word "niche" and make an infinity mirror with it, l2 is one of the words. MMORPGs are a niche genre, everything inside that nich genre is a "smaller niche" (?) itself.

4: "with every decision they make more and more people quit." They do not care. NCSoft, as every major game producing company, is no longer interested in a game that requires so much effort (as in people and time = money) to mantain in order to get a good return. Look at Revolutions numbers and you'll understand.
    (see it like that TV show that you absolutely love and enjoy, but the guys that produce it say: "It didnt hit the number of viewers we wanted, time to cancel it and cut our losses". The difference here is that NCSoft is repeating the same episodes and putting new content in the store. Dont like it? Too bad. Those that do like it (or are addicted to it) will spend more than enough to cover for the expenses and even make a profit.

edirne and Surprised like this.
  14. edirne

edirne User

"...Corona and bring Vin Diesel" this is smtg.....

15. Krasiulinka

Krasiulinka User

" Clan hall owners will be compensated with the initial selling price of the clan hall. The Administration will not compensate the intentional deals before the merge to increase the compensation amount. " Initial price - does'it mean "npc price"? (e.g. 50 kk for aden ch)?

I paid for clanhall much more than 50 kk and I think if I get back only 50 000 000 it's not fair cause lots of my cms-people donate a lot to get adena to bid. It's not fair twice cause only few ppl will moved from Ramona to Core.

CM Fragola likes this.
  16. MrScubba

MrScubba User

Fragola confirmed that initial price is not the NPC price but what you paid for it.
    "Intentional deals" are deals made right before or after the merge announcements only to rise the price.

CM Fragola likes this.
  17. Krasiulinka

Krasiulinka User

Oh i see :) now i'm calm.

Thanks God - i mean Gm, Moderator and all administrations :D

CM Fragola likes this.
  18. MrScubba

MrScubba User

Tbh.. I don t see the point why bigger clans would purchase more than 1 max 2 CHs.
    The population is low, there are more CHs than active clans.

19. ZoIdi

ZoIdi User

Calm? I pay a lot less of that because the prices now arent the ones before. So Gtz innova again.

20. Dziejowa

Dziejowa User

The ones who win on clan hall reset will be big clans. If you don't know for exemple EN don't have CH on Core. I think they lost CH when they stop play after Ramona start, I don't know how about other big clan, I don't have will to run and checked witch clans have CH now. Earlier we have info on the map and always we can checked where and witch clan have CH. My clan bought CH few months ago from NPC. Now when big clans have a lot of money, they can buy few CH for GE farm or for selling in future. And smaller clan don't have any chance to win bid with main clan.

21. Necrosia

Necrosia User

Come on gms, explain me why i have to lost my clan hall against a clan that exists less than one year ago, explain and Dont uses your standart answers, wont be easy to let the ramona people with clan in propertty to have a free virtual clan hall forever??

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2018