1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Survey on Character Naming

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Milaketta, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Milaketta

Milaketta User

2. Arbogast

Arbogast User

diploma concerning the way mmoprg players choose the names. Your university is a joke. Go find a work.

3. MrScubba

MrScubba User

If there is proper scientific research and (a) viable hypothesis I don't see why this topic is less important (or as you phrased a "joke") than some financial essay.
    Good luck with your project.

4. iSTOMPquakez

iSTOMPquakez User

Thats actually quite intresting and the author did it very well, respect from me ps: ibane get a life random, this research Probably has more value than anything you have done in your life

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Milaketta, Hax, Kym Willer and 2 others like this.
  5. neverx

neverx User

Quite elaborated questions, lets us know how the result comes in.

Kym Willer likes this.
  6. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Global moderator

You could have put more game choices or an "other" option. I've filled the form anyway :).

iLemon likes this.
  7. Milaketta

Milaketta User

Thanks guys a lot for your answers and feedback!
    I didn't include the option "others" since I chose only these three games for the research.
    Haha, I've already been told once pretty much the same: "get a real degree," "choose a useful course," cmon, that's linguistics and that topic can be studied in this sphere as well. And often writing a diploma project isn't about some break-through or super useful research, but about creating a logically structured and coherently narrated work. Cos, you know, nothing's new under the sun.
    Thanks guys for your support :D but such taunts only make me laugh, nothing else.

Yep, I'll post a summary of the results if they are going to be interesting :Geek:

8. iSTOMPquakez

iSTOMPquakez User

Let me put it like this ppl who play MMORPG most likely play other games aswell, for example Last time i logged on a game X on prime time it had 300 000 peaople online. The way of name choosing is pretty common for all games so what i mean is that this research is valid for millions of gamers around the world.... great job once again mate

Milaketta likes this.
  9. Milaketta

Milaketta User

Actually I agree with you, but I kinda needed to narrow the game choice down anyway.

10. MrScubba

MrScubba User

The relevance or more likely the correlation between the name choice and personality is much weaker in other game genres. In a MOBA or FPS even if you play with the community mostly you have ad-hoc relations and temporary interactions with the other players, thus the name itself will not have any serious effect.
    In MMORPGs you control what part of your real personality is displayed and I believe everyone puts some "real life" and self-image into the game to strengthen/weaken personality traits.

Imo narrowing it down like this was the perfect choice.

Looking forward to see the results!

11. Fragola

Fragola User

Filled XD