1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Is it true that Lineage is dead, not wort to play, etc.?

Discussion in 'Activity' started by andrius3022, Apr 24, 2018.

1. andrius3022

andrius3022 User

Hey Lineage'rs,
    I hade idea for a while in my head after reeding tons of negative feedback..
    Why not to try going into new players shoes and finding is Lineage 2 worth to play and worth to start...

What do you think? Is it good idea and is it worth?

2. Anxxonymous

Anxxonymous User

Good luck and good idea , but I doubt it will have any impact tbh , or maybe it will impact your own will to keep playing this game.

Sadly there is too much negative feedback and also from players that played this game for a long time...

3. mYzor

mYzor User

Here's the thing. When you say the "only" benefit you have is your long time experience with the game, you no longer have the ability to put yourself as a new (truly new, not returning) player.
    Most new players will not touch this game just for the "Click to Move/action" alone.
    This game has you command a character (you act almost like a summoner and your character is your pet), while games with WASD make you feel like your playing your character (you not only feel immersed but get better "feels good" from such gameplay).
    And the fact that 99% of this game is trash and the only good thing it has to offer is player made content (pvp and social).

4. 21st_

21st_ User

next burgis

5. andrius3022

andrius3022 User

I know i will not be "new", but at the same time I am interested seeing how the beggining of game looks, without influence from my main characters. Coz If i need to level box, I end up fishing, killing 70-83 raids, using fortune pockets or just farming with R grade gear and runes. Neither I am planing to "change" something. Just have some fun and maybe introduce some people to game.

Doubt I can be 2nd burgis.. No enchanting mondays from me :D And sadly burgis exchanged us for private server :<

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    CM Fragola likes this.
  6. Tizarth

Tizarth User

dude,seriously,
    you are trying to bring back the titanic from the bottom of the ocean.

1)full p2w model
    2)absolute total lack of respect/interest from game developers to what community wants/needs
    3)prehistoric graphic engine
    4)no real new content since ages

l2 is dead so much time ago you even forgot it.

golemka likes this.
  7. Fragola

Fragola User

Great idea, all thumbs up from me!

8. mYzor

mYzor User

That is not what he is trying to do at all.
    He is trying to "restart" himself into the game without having gear, adena, buffs, support, "friends" (and so on), to see what a new player (new to the server) would have to go through.
    Although i dont believe he's trying to "bring back the titanic from the bottom of the ocean", i still believe it is pointless.
    If someone wants to start "new" on Core, they should just consider the Classic server instead. (not to say the bootlegged ones that, at this point, must be more compelling gameplay wise)

PS: And yes, i agree 100% with what you said.

Note to the OP: Im not telling you not to do it, no one but yourself has the right to make that decision.
    If you had this idea a bunch of "updates" back, you would have my thumbs up. But now? Too late.
    (and when i said pointless, i was thinking about the time you will spend, and most likely waste, on this matter having little to no effect. Time is priceless, spend it wisely. We cant buy more of it :p)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  9. Surprised

Surprised User

The only issue I see here, is that you know the game, and how to play it, where to farm, and what to farm, while new player wouldnt have idea what to do besides following the guide steps.

Mmorpg genre is dead, people don't have time to grind and develop the character for years, they prefer quick games, with quick progress.

10. fapandgame

fapandgame User

The MMORPG genre is not completely dead. It's just not handled properly nowadays by the greedy companies that just care about the $ and have no respect and passion for their own projects and customers/gamers' communities in general anymore.
    Gaming is a huge industry today, and it's not slowing down; but if you put out content that ends up wasting people's times and demands real money investments to be on top of someone else, and in a shorter period than around a year or so, then chances are you failed big time as a developer and publisher of said game/and-or/franchise.

World Of Warcraft is still doing just fine after all the years it has piled up on itself and it's constantly pumping out content and weekly/monthly revisions, fixes, etc. (As an example)

We're getting pushed and shoved around with more and more Pay-To-Win events and endeavors and content that some people that are playing the game on a normal base will never get to experience by simply playing the game and farming content and building up their character respectively from questing, hunting, raiding, spoiling, etc.

The projects of other MMORPG platforms appeared over the years, showed some promise, and fell into the same patters we have on display here today. And they've failed just as fast as they got launched.

Lineage 2 is the longer lasting of these type of projects, but it certainly is next on the list of dying games. Give it a little bit more time lads, it's well on it's way to it's downfall.
    500-player-base-communities is a long and sad far cry from the 7-8.000+ communities and the diversity of the past this game once produced and sustained for us.

A wise man once said: "Things don't have to be advertised as being great, and they don't have to be pushed upon people to accept them as such. People will figure it out on their own."

You've abandoned that path padawans, the dark side has clouded your judgement! :Sleep:

CM Fragola likes this.
  11. andrius3022

andrius3022 User

CM Fragola likes this.
  12. Conandrina

Conandrina User

I like very much your idea, gl D

CM Fragola likes this.
  13. 21Sav

21Sav User

But you will start on core ? So it's pointless.
    And I'm not talking you will have knowledge of the game. But the server, you already have a feeling about the market, who needs what, you know who will pay more for mats for dragon weapon and some will buy even lv2 mats cuz its you (just an example). And this is knowledge a newcomer won't have, no matter his game experience. But GL

14. GODofORCS

GODofORCS User

As a person who is a casual this game does not bode well for my play style anymore. Years ago it was not as big of a gap between the people who “ebayed” and people who did not. Now the game pretty much is punishing you for not spending IRL cash in the store. Not counting the fact you pay for premium in the first place and I know you don’t have to pay for it which I don’t have a problem with I will always pay for a game subscription but doing that + in game cash as well is too much for me. Maybe the game would feel better if there was a big group of people that played the old school way but they don’t really exist anymore.

15. andrius3022

andrius3022 User

Part 1 went fantastic... that did not ever noticed how 5 hours passed by..

and "aNewChar" went from lv1 to 64.

Tips of the day:
    1. If you are new, try to join some public clan as faat as possible (the higher level of clan - the more passive skills you wil get).
    2. Try to get mentor ASAP!!!
    3. Do not rush trough levels, enjoy the game, try to make some extra quests, such as: https://l2wiki.com/Pailaka_-_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire for nice experiences and some XP/adena reward.

Was a lot of discusion about game situation, L2Store inbalance, lack of farm capabilities and lack of content between 90/95 and "end game". I made a sugestion making Unindentified/Bound items available and obtanable in game, to give a chance new players to gear up faster.

See you, hopefully, tomorow.
    To be informed you can folow andrius3022 in Youtube, Twitch or Twitter

16. iEmily

iEmily User

I want to see you how can you get a twilight set and apo weapon for your new char. How much time will you spend to obtain your gears. Good luck on new start.

17. Eyon00

Eyon00 User

Cool idea, but where is doctor to make low lvl things interesting???

Hax and {IronV} like this.
  18. Kahlia

Kahlia User

Game as it is in present would be still great if only remove from it p2w content. Look little back for start of ramona. Tons of folks wanted to play. But each new "event" or l2store update killed more and more. I would be first in line to join pay to play server without l2store. Same as classic now. Wish to dreams came true.

19. St0ne

St0ne User

Great idea,but will be dead just bcoz lack of interest from new pple.
    Atm market is full of newer,faster,better games to pick from.
    As many said before including myslef L2 is hard game for hard minded, commitet pple.
    Only global marketing and reducing p2w would bring some new players.

20. -V77-

-V77- User

A bit less p2w. And imo most important at that moment. Redesigned on graphic.
    10fps in aden. Is just a pure joke.
    New mmorpg ,got hundrets ppl at o e screen and still 40+fps. This should be priority for devs. Game can be p2w broken balance lass. But if game got 3 fps at siege 40v40 then sorry its unplayable