1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Bot situation

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by TrotTrot, May 2, 2018.

1. TrotTrot

TrotTrot User

The bots grew out of control lately. Some places like Harnak are full of them, and some places are infested beyond belief (Fairy settlement for instance).

Innova claims to bad them on a daily basis. From my perspective, it looks like a game of cat and mouse. Yes Innova will ban some, but those bots would have farmed already and probably sent their farming to their master. On the other hand, some others will slip under the banhammer radar.

First, I'd like to know if Innova is having another strategy to deal with those. Question to @CM Fragola I suppose.

Then I'd like to suggest some ideas to reduce the impact of those bots in game. Banning 1 of those bots isn't impacting the owner. He'll just create a new account and let's go! What needs to be done, is to harm the owner.
    • First step would be to track the mails/trades of the identified bots and go back to the owner. You can then act directly on his main account.
    • Second step would be deleting "botted items". I'm speaking here about adena and drops,but also items created from blatantly botted items (a PvE armor piece made out of botted EoD for instance). This includes adena RMTed through third party websites. This last bit is probably the more important one.
    • Third step: make some announcement warning people that you are effectively deleting money bought through RMT websites, with some name and shame of people who bought and whose adena got deleted (i.e. who just lost euros).

I'm sure there are many other ideas that can be added to that list, I just think it's better to start with only a couple, and add new ones as you go.

Any thoughts?

marckela likes this.
  2. xLeax

xLeax User

I would almost agree but

1st we have so many things to fix which they cant since days/weeks/months , simply cuz lets say it friendly, they dont have big enough staff ( nuker mobs not attacking back since last downtime, atleast in superion and prolly gc , die while celestial on since 2 secs + , wrong skill names, i dont think "War Drumb" is the correct skill name, correct me if im wrong) etc etc, the list is long

2nd of all, u will bann innocent people by this, what if u buy an item on market which has been bottet? Is it the Players job to check if the item is "clean"? Bot owners are smart enough to have different IP/HWID etc on their bot accounts then on main account, so ip bann will not hit the main char, track adena? U sell an item, get the "dirty" adena, ur item get banned on the buyers account, and in ur theory the adena should get deleted = u lose

3. TrotTrot

TrotTrot User

Thorough investigation is required before deleting an item
    I do believe there are situations that leave no doubt about the rmt operation. Hit those ones

4. iEmily

iEmily User

or Give me permission to block bots :) When I am free at work , I can watch them and block :)

5. Oscar

Oscar User

nothing you listed is new or not already done, bots weave we can see in recent days, are prolly runned by few amateurs giving Core a shot.
    They will get completely wiped for few more days and find out they can make 0 profit here - we had such episodes few times in last years.

6. DeadlyIllusion

DeadlyIllusion User

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Bot situation (04.05.18 21:50)

7. qweto

qweto User

8. DeadlyIllusion

DeadlyIllusion User

nop, i just saw all this names on "add mentee list"

9. xLeax

xLeax User

@Fragola what gonna happen if someone invite those mentees? Will they "the players" get punished for inviting those bots as mentees? I mean how the player should know from that list whos bot and whos not? Judging just by the name doesnt sound fair, since u said even a video isnt an proof, so will there be any punishments or can people freely invite them as mentees? ( after all its not the players job to check if its bots right? )

10. DeadlyIllusion

DeadlyIllusion User

Dont worry guys, as CM Fragola said: whey put extra forces to fight bots & we have special algorithmes for find such nicknames and delete them

11. TrotTrot

TrotTrot User

@CM Fragola bump since the situation seems kinda back to what it was last week-end

12. MusashiDVB

MusashiDVB User

Bots at the Olympics. Never making feohs mistakes. Targets on disappearance. Skills ahead (clairvoyant). There have been many reports, but some people can botter and others can not. Such a life. :)

13. goduole

goduole User

If u have plan to fight them , how atm all zones since lvl 1 to fairys are full up bots?;o why u even lie to us fragolita, i know now its weekend , but we merged 1 motnh alredy and in that time ur team didint improved to catch them since start obviously , not even talking about protections :D