1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

A Game set up for failure.

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by mYzor, May 14, 2018.

1. xLeax

xLeax User

Monsters of the Pavel Ruins and Archaic Laboratory can no longer be led away from their original locations.

How exactly this killed the Pavel farm? Im really asking not trolling ( u cant pull trains anymore? )

2. Hax

Hax User

no more traininh. Hopefully vader can still make adena

3. xLeax

xLeax User

Really they also removed one of the last posibilitys in this game to make adena without l2 store? Nice one Innova it gets worse and worse lol ( think about it again, doesnt matter who farm there, the adena came to the market, this will dry out market even more lol)
    Thats exactly what someone said before, they ask where people make money, and then nerf it lmao

21Sav likes this.
  4. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

What I see is that the devs are very cautious not putting many items on the market with promos/events, which keeps their value high, so people continue buying expensive L2 Store at a steady rate. I think they made this mistake on NCWest and people there prefer to buy cheap the items they need on the black market instead of trying L2 Store chances. Also, tons of people left, we all know why, and thus even more items flooded their market, so they have to keep content like brooches/cloaks/accessories extremely expensive to maintain profits. They even tried to persuade people that their combo brooch pack was so value for money they have to limit it to 1500 packs per server 4500 total.
    Two weeks later sales slowed down so much they couldn't reach 1000 packs total, that's close to 200k USD so people are still dumb, and they extended the promo to 5 weeks it's laughable how desperate they are. They prefer to do all that bs and much more instead of trying to bring back the thousands who left them for privates.:Thumbsdown:

SK111 likes this.
  5. iKrockle

iKrockle User

noone :D

{IronV} likes this.
  6. SK111

SK111 Banned

That's exactly what I have said in another topic. The real whales didn't hit the l2 store button even once on ncwest.
    Everyone knows where those items are coming from.
    The only ones who are buying those packs are the ones who need a costant flow of cash (500 to 700 bill x day) so basically the two top clan ms and nova+max
    +
    there's a big difference between innova and ncwest.
    In here as soon as you log in you can purchase elemental shirts. This mean that the only barrier to the incoming players is the insane amount of money that the l2 store requires.
    On Ncwest the last elemental shirt promo was held in may 2017, 1 year ago. This means no one in there is making a lvl 1 toon since one entire year.
    The incoming players just go where everyone knows and purchase an account with 1 or more toon which are already lvl 105 with all the gear on it.
    Idk ncwest management just want to close all the servers as soon as they can. L2 was supposed to end 4 years ago. They are milking what they can raising more and more the prices so that sooner or later everyone will stop to buy and they will have an excuse to plug the plug off.

I've seen you posting on there too Tranpe. So lets say to the others one simple truth.
    Ppl in there are complaining because they have spent 2.400 usd trying to get a jewel lvl 5 ending up with nothing.
    As Palkah said to earn 2.400 usd even a german worker, the richer eu player, has to work for 2 whole months, never eating in the meanwhile and doing the homeless.

7. Copeland

Copeland User

This game needs to bridge the gap between Paulina's Dynasty and STACKED.

Create Paulina's gear for 95-101 with full element. Have players quest for "Paulina's Diamond Lv 3", "Paulina's Anakim Talisman", etc. Have them be half strength as real ones and take a 15 or 30-day daily quest to earn so players can measure progress but also have a concept of how long this game will take them. Do this for all content over 5 years old.

Of course, players are still free to swipe their credit card to skip to the front of the line. Win/win.

8. Palkah

Palkah User

This is exactly why somewhere I proposed a line of quests where you get a set 99, a weapon 99, finish SA, attributes, whole deal takes ~2 weeks, and make the items bound but with an option to remove the bind later, so that people trying to bot it get caught before they can unbind the gear.

Maaan, I could fix this game myself but last time I applied to NCSoft Korea they responded with:
    우리는 뇌 손상을 가진 게으른 프로그래머입니다. 너는 우리에게 너무 영리하다. 요청이 거부되었습니다.

P.S. That Korean message is a joke
    P.S.2. The joke unveils itself if you use google translate to change it to english :)

9. Jintxa

Jintxa User

OMG . I've seen a lot of people leave the game because the only thing they got was appearances and modify. It's as simple as if you want people to come back or start playing returns the drop of adena and items that have always been there. And if you do not want the bots approved, it's as easy as the INNOVA people to do their job and prevent it. Or have they hired useless people who do not know how to avoid bots? because in private servers it is almost impossible to do it.It's something I've never understood. Because the private servers are clean of bots and the officials do not ?. If they really pay vigilantes so that it does not happen and they do not do their job, fire them and put others out if they do. It is very stupid if you think about it ...

10. mYzor

mYzor User

Giving people free /useless stuff for minimal effort will never work in the long way.
    The major problem that this game has (since a bunch of updates) is the powercreep introduced by the store and the lack of ways (in the game) to counter/balance it.
    Overpowered items or not, L2Store is the way this game generates revenue. Its all good. Problem is, they never understood that pushing that L2Store content too hard also pushes players too hard and over the "eff this, im done" line.

Another big problem this game has came a bunch of updates ago, and thats the massive Exp boosts that the game gives the player. It was the reason i made this experiment/thread.
    Players cannot farm their gear. Not like they used to do before.
    Its no longer 1x rates (exp, sp, adena, drops, spoil, etc) for everything. You level too fast for your gear to keep up. And NCSoft did this because:

1: They accepted that most new characters are alts an not trully new players, so theres no need to create a game for the low level players. (the, once, 1-85 simply got extended till 1-99)
    2: They nerfed this entry level content to fight bots. Which is funny as this game as had more bot problems in the past and they were fine with it)
    3: They did it as a way to "force" players into the L2Store.

Regardless, i dont believe for 1 second that anyone at NCSoft (suits or developers) are stupid and dont realize whats going on with their game. They know, they adapted, they are still getting a nice amount of money, so they are winning.

11. MrOurk

MrOurk User

Why people don't need to bot in private servers? It's easier to bot there, just there's no need since you can drop / craft pretty much all you need, why people used to bot in old chronicles in official servers? because xp was a real pain, but items were never a problem, why do people bot in this chronicles? Because no matter how much adena you try to farm, you are always behind, always, there's never a moment where you can say, I have pretty much all I need. Also, people don't bot because mobs drop too much adena ( it's the way of thinking of NCKorea), people bot because mobs / bosses don't drop enough, the moment you can drop pretty much all you need, the moment botting will stop, just taking a look at WoW in example, how many people you see botting there? close to 0 because there's no need for it, you make couple of quests / farm and you keep getting gear.

The solution for this is pretty simple, make it so when people go farm to top spots, they don't end up being poorer that they started, make it as a progression, so people have a feeling that they are progressing with the game. Make the character after they hit level 85 get the paulina set and from there a progression all the way up until they are proper geared. In WoW in example you can do as I said a group of quests / farming and with that your gear level will keep increasing, here there was an amazing system that it was called Bound items, why was it so good? Because it was simple to obtain + it was bound to character so bots couldn't profit from that, why not to have that system back in example? Add to that the amount of farming areas there are that could be revamped so each one of them have a purpose, in example, if you farm mobs in SoA they could drop elemental stones / crystals that low level people can use for their armor and sell to earn some adena, make Harnak drop bound helmet/gloves/boots like they were doing at the start of GoD, make mobs in Normil's drop in example bound armor/leggins, make mobs in fortuna/spezion drop bound weapons. Do it like that with every grade, spread the items into different areas so people have to farm + they have to visit all areas so they won't be bored of watching same mobs over and over again.

Another way of doing it, is similar to what korea have (to improve the gear), so make it that people need to farm certain items dropping from the leveling areas to improve their gear, in example, make it so mobs lvl 85-94 drop some armor / weapon crystals that you can use to improve your armor from R to R95 grade, make people to have will to farm and make it so they have a feeling of improving their gear, that way they will keep farming and farming and they will keep paying money to you / Korea every single month. Make it so maybe in order to improve those armor with the armor/weapon crystals you need an special set of recipes that could be obtained with spoilers, so they come into play again like in the old times or that they are the only ones to be able to spoil maybe minerals needed in order to improve those armors/weapons/jewels (maybe like Mining profession, you need bronze/silver/gold/platinum, etc bars that are needed to improve the gear), idk there are so many options and seems that not many people care about that

12. Palkah

Palkah User

Whenever Koreans make any decision, they first look at how is it going to affect the inflation. They will probably never make a decision where more adena starts going into the server and sadly.... they are right. If you remember the 'privates' you are talking about, a lot of them died because there was too much adena on the server and prices of everything were raising daily until people were too bored to farm that long. Thats why here we have Adena sinks everywhere around the corner that remove currency and items from the game - be it auctions, item requirements to seal Longing or Sayha, new Ultimates sets. It keeps the Adena amount around a fixed value so it doesn't skyrocket. The only way I know of to make a system where serious inflation issue is solved, yet new players can get rich, is a system where new/low level players are able to farm (with a daily quest) something that endgamers need, something that can't be sold to grocery (unless it's for 0). Of course endgamers could farm it too, but with a daily limit they will be pretty much forced to get it from the market. Endgamers get stuff they need, lowbies will get adena from endgamers, low inflation on that solution.

As for bots - if you prolong the process of getting something expensive from quest to sell and make another bot,you will have time to ban them, and it should be easy with 1-2 spots to camp in that particular quest.

13. mYzor

mYzor User

They would not need to introduce new quests, profs or anything like that. They could simply use the faction system and get each faction a store that you could use your faction points on. There, a mitigator for the powercreep.
    Though i still believe they know what's going on, and if they are not working to make changes its because the game is exactly the way they want/need it to be. And its working, not because of them (NCSoft), but because of the players.

MrOurk likes this.
  14. Palkah

Palkah User

If it causes any inflation its auto-denied by Korea, according to my knowledge and experience

15. mYzor

mYzor User

Those faction stores wouldnt hand over stuff for players to flip but account bound items that can be used to upgrade low/mid tier gear.
    NCSoft would not do a mentor system 2.0 where players exploit it to the bone for the rewards so they can flip them for adena. But then again..

16. MrOurk

MrOurk User

He didn't say those items should be sellable in store, they could be either bound to character (like the faction talismans) or either be sold for 0 adena in shop and problem solved

17. mYzor

mYzor User

Another good change for this game would be to end the character bound bs. Make it account bound, not character.
    The effort that i put in 1 character should not be locked from the rest of my account. Thats downright stupid.

18. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

I can't believe you guys still talking about this...
    They will never increase the farm because of inflation and because sometimes it's too exploitable by bots. It's either make l2store content farmable because that's what endgamers want, but we know that's never gonna happen, or decrease l2store prices. With the current NCWest crisis now it's your chance Innova to pick up all those who keep quitting from NA.

I believe NCWest will fail completely and maybe Innova can grab the NA license too and start making things better.

19. Palkah

Palkah User

AFAIK Innova has a very limited ability to do anything for the players without having to ask Koreans, which often respond with an equivalent of 'no lol'

20. mYzor

mYzor User

Thats not why they wont increase the farm. The reason they wont increase the farm, drops or w/e it is the game needs is because it would clash directly agaisnt their business model. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Most of whats being posted are "what if" small changes that could be made but wont. The game is on rails now.

Or NCSoft will see NCWest failure (Not NCSoft, because they can do no wrong) as a sign to pull the plug and end this game.
    PS: There are a lot of players that, having experienced this game the right way (official servers) will never step foot on an official server regardless of what company is publishing it.
    Simply because, regardless of how good the work is by the company publishing the game, NCSoft is behind the curtains pulling its strings.