1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Magic damage formula

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by TziKay, May 25, 2018.

1. TziKay

TziKay User

I read somewhere on internet that this is the magic damage formula:

(sqrt(m atk)*power of spell)*int multipler*race mutlipler)/m def of the mob

Can someone confirm it cause if it's true it will help me a lot to build my character.
    Thanks

2. Takanodan

Takanodan User

sqrt(m atk) sounds right, since from my tests, doubling m.atk is around 40% more damage..

and "/m def" also sounds correct, since when you double m.def, damage falls around half from what I remember..

3. TziKay

TziKay User

Can i use this formula for pvp to make my setup also?Or pvp parameters like attribute/pvp dmg etc affect a lot the result?

4. Preslav

Preslav User

From the russian forum:

Basically it should be easy to see what is what, but you can safely ignore debuffBonus and soul_bonus variables (treat them as 1.0)
    This doesn't take into account damage reduction/pvp damage reduction, but basically treat those as additional multipliers, same for the +pve/pvp damage bonuses.

5. darthblade

darthblade User

Damn. So it's not 1/4, as many suggest, it's square root. And SS bonus is in that too.. So % from enchanting and brooch also gets reduced?
    Basically +m.atk SA is useless for mage (trap for new players) and Sapphire is there mainly for the coolness factor (look, mommy, I glow!)

Even factoring in the square root, something's missing in that formula. Or all rb's have high m.def/ m. crit reduction? Example: low lvl crafter with no +crit gear, no brooch, talismans etc. and 16k p. atk does more dmg than a higher lvl mage with billions of gear and 130k m. atk

6. Fragola

Fragola User

all RBs have certain settings, including high attribute defense, so if you noticed, most of the tests in Experimentarium are done on a usual character where we can control the parameters, while with monsters - it's unpredictable and not clearly stated which parameters they got.

7. Cordana

Cordana User

m atack scale in other way than p atack.

Bilions of gear and 130k m atack? without buff you mean ?

8. Takanodan

Takanodan User

p.atk scales more or less the same for skills compared to m.atk, but for normal hits, if you double p.atk, you double the damage..
    and for pve single target, titan/eviscerator/wynn are way better than mage because mobs don't resist crit hits, while on pvp you have a lot -crit damage on passives, buffs, etc., and they only work vs normal hits, so normal hits got nerfed a lot for pvp, but not for pve