1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

from korea with love:

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by edirne, Jun 4, 2018.

1. UgahBugah

UgahBugah User

You guys picked one particular case but I think you guys forgot that our entire consumerist society is like that. Big corporations are selling tobacco, advertising them and people get addicted and even worse. Lets not take this extreme but other corporations are selling soda, not giving brand names as you all know them. Same as in our previous example, your body don't need them and they are unhealthy. I can give examples of plenty of unhealthy food that we consume and we think it's alright but our body would be just fine with it if that food never existed in the first place. I'm sure anyone of us got addicted to something at some point in their lives and someone kept monetizing your weakness the entire time. You can preach about ethics, morals and so on but these discussions already took place like a century ago and look where we are today. You guys are expecting something that might never come to be.

2. mYzor

mYzor User

Preaching about ethics and morals doesnt work simply because ethics and morals are becoming a part of the past. This is where legislation is supposed to make its work.
    (assuming that the people that make the laws have ethics or morals, or are even competent to beggin with)
    If all the laws do is give a little bit of self awareness to people, hey, thats awesome. Its a first step.
    Its then to the people to have a litle bit of self esteem and a bit of self respect and start having standards for what they want.
    If i go to a shop and i feel like they are not treating me like a normal customer should be treated or they are trying to con me out of my hard earn money, i dont stay and i wont return.
    People do the opposite in these traps disguised as games and dont think its wierd. If they dont change their way of thinking, nothings gonna change for them (with laws or no laws).

As a real life example, i used to smoke when i was younger and i always found ways to buy them. (it was ilegal to sell them to minors then as it is today)
    PS: I didnt smoke as an addict or as the wannabe cool kid like many do. Then i did it because it helped ALOT agaisnt anxiety (that sadly will never go away).

EDIT: And yes, these suits will always find new ways to exploit people. Even using the same exploits with a camo over them to bypass laws.
    A good example are those sodas that are nothing more than your grandma's piss with alot of sugar and gas in it that people like to drink. It doesnt matter if they are basically poison, what matters is people like them so its good.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  3. zauliuz

zauliuz User

if you can't control yourself it's your problem. nobody forces you to buy l2store for 1k+ €/month.

4. Hax

Hax User

nobody forces you to abuse a system too, doesnt mean u r less of a ******

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2018
    xa0xa0xa0 and {IronV} like this.