1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

OFFER [L2Store] Circlets of power discussion

Discussion in '2018' started by CM Fragola, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Preslav

Preslav User

I think the concept of separating items to un/tradable is extremely stupid. You should support one of those, not both. What's the benefit of you not being able to trade your shirts, agathions, brooches, circlets, augmented items? Zero. It only benefits the company if you want to make extra characters/reroll. The games that make items untradable, do it to get away from RMT and discourage botting for loot I guess. And here all those untradable items, you have literally PAID for those, most of the times from your SALARY and CAN'T trade them even, a tasteless joke. Lowering the prices twice? Not gonna help if you isolate the solution to only this. Both rates increases and price reductions would help keep the game alive, but at the core the game is plain boring. With the same rates, you would be as stressed from your failures as you are now. Pve content would be too generous to be even called content. They don't add anything new to that game, it's always l2store items/adjustments. Pvp is getting to a level of complete ridiculousness.

Lillim and iAris like this.
  2. LangleyQueen

LangleyQueen User

I get the feeling that most of the "top players" wanna be praised by their skill, cold-blood during fights, good decision making and strategy...but ultimately, they won't need any of that with the many items this game is bringing up. And we still have cloaks, new brooch jewels and a couple of new jewels to be implemented. All of this will make the gap between a normal players ( normal, not casual who plays 2 times a week, but someone who plays every day but only spends50 ~100 euros monthly on the game) big enough to push them into quitting.

Someone was wondering in this topic why some people are still playing with all those items in-game and the answer is simple: They simply enjoy playing the game, making instances, factions, some raid bosses. They won't care about olympiad or "big sieges" or PvP for 101~105 raids because they simply can't dream about fighting on that level and they reached a point where they know it is not worth to spend that much money, even tho they have it.

3. mYzor

mYzor User

That assumption that "top players" dont/wont need skill is false, unless those "top players" are all in one side. If they are not, they still have to fight each other.
    Dispite the ridiculousness of the ever new, shiny, l2store sponsored gear there are only 2 types of players in this game (some people seem to have forgotten this): You have factors and you have randoms.
    And its the skill those players have that define "what" they are. You can have undergeared factors and stacked randoms.

4. LangleyQueen

LangleyQueen User

It sure must hurt being a factor, looking at those items and thinking " God damn, i NEED to buy those items to continue being a factor and competing with my peers", while a random look at those items and the amount of money needed to make them 'worth using' and think "oh, man. Thank god i don't need to buy those items to continue playing".

And for what i've been seing, there are not even PvP for dragons anymore, the sieges are being ridicilous between EN and TH ( the top dogs) and the 101~105 Raids are rushed in a way as to not have PvP...so i really don't know what motivates people to just throw in that much money.

CM Fragola and MaoMao like this.
  5. Comer90

Comer90 User

Lets be honest here this game was never for normal players to begin with normal players cant even play... they can get to maybe 100 lvl but thats it game over if you dont wanna spend money in l2 store you cant play simple as that the money drop is low the item drop is **** the prices of items are just in billions after 1 year of not playing the game prices went down just because they hade to merge servers and still i dont think there are 600 ppl playing lol ppl gave up on it its just another p2w game the privat server have more ppl than official ones thats sad and for this 20 ppl that have big pockets keep it up some one hase to pay the salary talking about skill the is no skills in p2w game like l2 hase become lol i give it 2-3 years and you can close the game you alredy destroyed it and for the event dont make me laught after 3 years of playing this game i only got 1 time something from the event lol thats sad.. the reality is money €€€€€€€ and nothing else....

Lillim likes this.
  6. Palkah

Palkah User

That was true until first P2W items, which were, correct me if I'm wrong, Abundance Talismans, appeared.

7. Comer90

Comer90 User

The problem is NCsoft they just lost it long time ago look at blizzard they made wow and in ther stores you wont find any items expect character boost and some mounts and some other 2-3 items that do not affect the game play of players the only thing is subscription to play and thats all and even that you can buy with ingame money so every body have the same chances at the game i know that 4game is just a publisher but this is getting to the point thats just ridiculous and for those "top" players let me tell you you are just p2w players with no skill if they gave every body the same chances i wonder where this players would be....

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  8. mYzor

mYzor User

Or people can just use their heads and think for a second if a game with this structure is worth supporting or even worth playing.

Stupid change that no one, in their right mind, asked for.
    When have sieges not been ridiculous between the top dogs? Do people forget top clans taking castles for their alt characters in order to horde everything possible?
    Agree. But its up to them to decide.

NCSoft has lost touch with their playerbase a long, long time ago. Most of what they have designed (in the past) is based in an assumption that its not going to be exploited by the players. If you add the recent greed/need to milk people to the bone, what you have is Lineage 2.
    They cant even come up with ways to counter the power creep introduced by their own store, like they did with ages ago when they at least tried to balance classes (the result were the FoTM classes, remember?). All because it would eat into their gains.
    They dont even create meaningfull pve content. And what for? Why create pve content that people could enjoy or even, who knows, fight for when you can create store content that NCSoft knows people will buy?

My main point is:
    If people are against such "rip off" events or the direction that the game is heading, then why the actual f. are they playing it? Are they playing just to wait for event threads, so they can use a stick on Fragola's back?!

CM Fragola, TranpeGG and LangleyQueen like this.
  9. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

Devs have the ability to regulate how many people can afford maxing immediately newly introduced items. Growing that number would ultimately increase the number of players that have different item acquisition speeds on the item hierarchy. Also, less people would quit and more people would consider coming back. Along with that, things like farm events and small game adjustments will help newbies and then you finally have people talking about the server in a positive manner which is the best free advertisement. Unfortunately, current decision making looks like one step forward and two steps back, resulting in population decrease. It's a pity many L2 players prefer paying-to-win on privates, which constantly wipe, instead on officials.

CM Fragola likes this.
  10. LangleyQueen

LangleyQueen User

The Ego + the "Roped in " effect. People who are on top parties, olympiad players/drivers enjoy the feeling of power this game gives them. How they are able to , by themselves, kill a whole party or win 10~20 matches on olympiad. Plus the fact that they already spent too much money ( and time) on the game, and they won't get it back even if they cash out, so it makes more sense to just keep playing and spending a little bit more.

I think the low population on EU server(s) is responsible for this number to be so low. ON russian server (almost) everybody has the good items and/ord more people make them because they have almost 30k people playing, instead of 3~4k on EU.
    Basicaly, more people playing here would mean a bigger number allowed by the devs on the server settings.

11. Vraja

Vraja User

I doubt core reach 1.5k online during prime time ,even if hits 1.5 half are alts for sure. Would be interesting it to see how many unique ip's log into game but no game is sharing this info anymore ,just so ppl dont realize how dead the games are.

12. Preslav

Preslav User

Personally I think it is doubtful our server reaches even 350 unique players at peaks. Just take a look at aden and all the zones, or at sieges. Hell, 350 is quite generous.

13. mYzor

mYzor User

Its not just that. We dont have the number of players they have. And the little we have is scattered across many timezones. Again, no adjustments by the all wise NCSoft.

14. Ghost-K

Ghost-K User

The saddest part of this game is twitch, only Russians playing pirate and weird servers.

15. TrueStoryBrah

TrueStoryBrah User

I know this is wrong, but at this time im feeling happy because its cheaper than sayha talismans, innova what have u done to us

16. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

I don't know how many L2 players EU had in total compared to RU since the game came out, but there are many reasons why Russians are more active today. Some of those reasons are same timezone, first language same as client language unlike most EU, homogenous community which results in better communication, having similar mentality, most EU started and permanently quit official L2 on NCWest or moved to privates and never considered Innova EU and the list goes on. Russia being so big and having low percentage of English speakers forced client translation in Russian which might have been the biggest factor IMO.

17. zauliuz

zauliuz User

you are wrong about few things. 1st if all there is like 9 time zones. 2nd they play differently. it's like a work for them. and yes client in same language, peoples talk same language. but in other hand, same rus players want to play in eu server but like mostly of them - can't "speak london" :) and thats the reason why they stay in RU region servers.

CM Fragola likes this.
  18. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

I haven't met any Russian on different time than Moscow's that's why I assumed most of them play on the same timezone, although I might be wrong on that. Also, no one's game style is exactly the same, generally people from different countries have different mentalities, that's why I mentioned as a positive Russians who play together and have similar mentalities. The conversation would be more productive if instead of focusing on a possible "half mistake" you could provide new reasons why RU>EU in regards to population.

19. goduole

goduole User

Price is ofc ridicilous, but most of u dont need them cuz u miss alot of things more important than this.. who cares that top have it, they alredy was top before this so whatever.. as riordian said for mage is enough noble +4/5 so its like 10-15b if buy and warior just simple+5 1-3b, make atleast this now , if u need and wait next same event to make better one.. be realistic guys dont boder ur game thinking about this inova lol decisions :)

20. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Not true, we buy jewel boxes from mammon by the thousands. It can be done if they want to.

Nope, the game was never for the regular player, 2004-2011 was botting times when people run trains in impunity to make pk chars to make newbies and legits quit as well as RMT. You botted and RMTed, i.e. paying to bot companies and adena peddlers, you could "pwn" at sieges with only 2-3 trains stacked. I have seen only one train taking oren.
    "Winning" l2 is a stupid concept, playing with friends is the only way to enjoy it, no matter if awakened or not, no matter if rich or poor. The graphic art is very nice, cannot compare with wow and other cartoonish games, just take a break and look around, even if the engine is ridiculously old, the koreans are still good at it.

CM Fragola and ViaAgnis like this.