1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

New Player

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by blazinsk1n, Jul 4, 2018.

1. blazinsk1n

blazinsk1n User

Hello, everyone!
    Joined yesterday eager to do some instances and have some fun, but ... there were barely 120 ppl online ... on an official server .. damn! So I've decided to get Premium for a day and make instant 85 level. All good, got the level and some items, but 0 adena ... ****. Did the training camp for 10 hours, which gave me some crappy (for an empty server) 10-15%. "Farmed" a bit in Harnaks to get 5% more and managed to get to 86lvl for a day. Got bored and logged off. Today, there are just as much people as yesterday and after almost the same routine got 50%. I can barely see any parties in the party manager. Is the server so dead? Are there people who are still playing with someone other than themselves? Because if I see a party 90+ it is always in the lines of "LF ISS for DUO". I see people are mostly playing for themselves ... to get level and items. We used to play once for the playing it self. To do stuff with other people. It's bad enough we spend our free time and money in a game ... and do it alone?
    Anyway, I made a Feoh, since it seems the only class you can solo level here. If there are still players who like to socialize, send me an email IG at Velarian or let me know here.

BR!

CM Fragola likes this.
  2. CarmenSpectra

CarmenSpectra User

Well...server is not dead or empty as you said.
    There are several factors you need to take into account:
    1. It is Summer time, a lot of people is enjoying the nice weather, they prefer to be on the beach then behind a hot computer playing a game.
    2. If you log on in the morning or afternoon server time, then not much people playing due their work or school. Mostly after 16:00 to 17:00 people start to play.
    3. Most people are playing with a CP (Constant Party), they dont use Party Matching to find party members.
    4. Most people are at high level, that means 101+. And there is a lot of people who dont even bother to do instances, they prefer to farm on open field, high level area's.
    5. People who are looking for Iss, are not new players. They are old players with good gears. They are leveling an alt char or reroll. That is why they dont need a normal party to do Kartia or Kama. They just need buffs.

I must admit, it is hard to level as new players due the lack of low level players to play with.
    But trust me, keep on the good faith, after you (as Feoh) got level 101 and have good gear, you are very welcome in most parties, especially faction or XP party.

I have some advices for you as new player:
    Whenever you cannot find a party to play with, go level your subclass or dualclass, do the Noble quest. And later on, do the Exalted quest.
    You have PA account, so you can create a second account and have both online at the same time. Make an Iss. You will be happy after level 94 to have a box Iss to farm with. As Feoh you better make Iss SwS, at level 103 you will get Wizard level 2, very good harmony for your Feoh.
    On your PA account, you can create 6 chars more. Around 20min you will have a char at level 85. I suggest to create Wynn, very decent dmg at this level with **** gear :). And do Zaken/Freya to gather some adena / items for your main.
    Having some alt chars is a good idea, espicially when there is a farm event. Then you can farm event items and sell to gear your main.
    Later on, you can farm for instance Balok with your alt chars. It is one of many ways to gather adena / items to gear your main char.
    On your second account, make new alt chars but leveling on the old fashion way: start by level 1 and smashing mobs until 85. These alt chars are mentees of your main char. As this way, you will have 2 advantages:
    1. Alt char gets 50% more XP due the mentor buff of your main char.
    2. Your main char gets mentee coins. You will need 40k mentee coins for the Exalted quest later on.

Good luck on your journey!
    Last but not least: have fun, make friends, create your own CP or join a CP, join an active PvE clan so that you have more chance on socializing with awesome, funny people out there.
    Trust me, there is a lot of awesome, funny people out there. Not all players of Core are playing with themselves, maybe just a few :)