1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Tips and warnings coming over from Chronos or Naia

Discussion in 'Guides' started by GentlemanJim, Jul 20, 2018.

1. GentlemanJim

GentlemanJim User

But I hope useful to brand new players as well.

Differences

1. Generally things are cheaper here, but watch out for some oddities. For example, you can buy 10 teleport scrolls and a book (no flags needed here) for .29 Euros but .19 will get you only one book. Always buy the pack! Emperor dessert sets, which are 40 ncoins for 10 in NCWEST are .35 Euros EACH here. You might want to make an ISS on a second account.

2. The premium account is well worth the 8.99 Euros, for the boost to XP and SP if nothing else. If you can't spend even that much this probably isn't the game for you. If you can afford a little more, the 200% 30-day XP rune, prestige rune and Eva's Rune (A real must) come in one 39.50 package. Important: as noted in the comments, you can receive up to 7 daily rewards. However, for each character you must equip & summon the griffin agathion and wait 10-15 minutes for the reward to appear.

3. When grinding duals and subs, I highly recommend buying a hero weapon set. [Warning, you only buy one set at a time, not the two sets in NCWest, and there is a limit of three sets, so 45 days. Unlike NCWEST there are no super-cheap low level shot packs here. I also can't find the cheap low level armor sets NCWEST has in the L2Store.

4. Experience agathions are useful, but know their limits. They give you bottles which you exchange for XP scrolls. The scrolls may not be used on your main or on any sub lower than 76. Also, be sure to unequip when not in use. If they are equipped but not released, they will use their mana (their time will run down) but they will give you no bottles. Equip, release, hunts tons of mob quickly, then unequip.

5. The XP scrolls don't give SP. However, the training center (which you can use if you buy the premium) gives relatively better SP than EX, so a few hours there should even things out.

6. Bots and macros are a problem here, too. For example, in the higher fairy area bots are everywhere and are using a zranger type finder for cocoon destroyers needed for the daily quest. If one spawns near you, expect people to come running and kill it quick. [Note: the next few times I visited the area the bots were gone, though it looks like they are returning. I'm told the folks here do a pretty good job of getting rid of bots.]

7. The CMs are very responsive in the forums. They are also much friendlier and more knowledgeable than the NCWEST GMs (Juji excepted, of course).

8. The starter packs in the L2Store are cheap and well worth getting.

9. If you buy the premium service, you get a way to awaken a character in 20-30 minutes. If you at all like playing a sayha's seer or eviscerator (or if you don't mind playing your dual as your main) you can start with an awakened character with an awakened dual. Not bad.

10. The L2Store does not have the vitality maintaining potion that essentially gives unlimited (if expensive) vitality. If there is any way to get that in game I haven't found it.

11. While the CMs are nicer here, not all the players are. The trash talk is just as offensive and the people (and especially the bots and macros) just as rude as on Naia or Chronos.

12. PayPal automatically converts dollars to Euros, completely seamlessly, so I recommend it highly. The only drawback is that its exchange rate is not very favorable. A dollar is worth about .83 Euro, so is comparable to an ncoin in value. There are no ncoins here; Euros are used directly.

13. Not sure if this is intentional or a bug but it appears that if you use the training camp to level a mentee you do not get mentee coins for the levels it gains there.

14. In addition to the PA Points bar, you can use PA points at the Adventure Guildsman in every city (by the buff manager).

15. The low-level hunting areas are as quiet as Freya & Zaken used to be.

16. Jewel packs are available in the L2Store at a much lower price than in the NCWest events. It looks like there are few or no Topaz on the server and Tanzanite is undervalued. Basic elemental shirts and enchant scrolls are also available in the L2Store at low prices. Gemstones, EOD and GE are NOT in the L2Store.

17. The NPC who gives the CC quest sells a pass for 1 million that lets you do cc twice more, so three times in one day. Very helpful, especially when doing the exalted quest.

18. There are lots of timing difference. Here, it still takes a day to join a clan after leaving one. It takes three days to delete a character. System resets at 12:30 a.m. US Eastern time. Sieges, Oly and C of C start at 2 P.M. US Eastern.

19. The step up exalted quest says it takes 30 shouts. It takes 120! You can do 10 a day, but they must be 5 minutes apart.

Lifehacks for all servers

1. Take advantage of the quests offered by Herphah and Penny in Aden when you awaken. One tip - as you advance in levels Penny will quit giving you the low-level quests. However, you can still get them on your dual at the appropriate level. You can then use either your dual or your main to do the quest, then have your main turn it in for the bonus XP.

2. The More Aggressive Operation daily in Isle of Souls Harbor requires 4 control modules. You can get those by killing control golems. Sometimes another golem will spawn. Kill it and you will get a module.

3. At 95, you can take the quest from Tarti separately from the quest inside and enter the dimensional gap twice. Make sure you do both in the same hour.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    UgahBugah and CM Fragola like this.
  2. Arbogast

Arbogast User

If i ever see a new player be sure i tell them of this message. Well done whale and welcome.

3. GentlemanJim

GentlemanJim User

More like a dolphin. I can't compete with the big spenders, but I spend enough to be useful and have fun. Thanks for the compliment and the welcome. There probably won't be many new players, but there is lots of talk on the NCWest forums about existing players from there coming over here, so this might be useful for them.

4. Cobra

Cobra User

In PayPal before you confirm the transaction, you can change PayPal to use the money rate from your bank not the rates from PayPal.
    Or in settings

1. Login to your Paypal account
    2. Click Settings on the top-right of the page left of Log Out
    3. Select PAYMENTS tab
    4. Click Manage pre-approved payments
    5. Click Set Available Funding Sources on the top-right of the list
    6. Click Conversion Options
    paypal.png

CM Fragola likes this.
  5. SHpokas

SHpokas User

Warning to new players - cant do anything w/o premium. Period.

6. GentlemanJim

GentlemanJim User

Cobra, thank you! SHpokas, you are right about that.

7. DarkMagic

DarkMagic User

PA gives you a agathion which gives a gift per day. It can be potions, shadow enchants and weapons. You can get a gift per char so 7 gifts per day. Though elcyum price was lowered there is a small amount of adena you can make from fishing. PA is worth it in my opinion.

8. Cordana

Cordana User

Pa gift also can give you Dark/Bloody eternal stone

9. UgahBugah

UgahBugah User

- Don't panic if you see nobody in Giran. On Core all the shops are in aden, on Chronos all the shops are in Giran.
    - Double check the prices on player's shops or at Auction House as prices can be different. For example, players in NA buy the r grade gems from mammon but on EU players sell them cheaper than mammon.
    - Check every NPC, the items sold are not the same in NA and EU. Some examples, mentor npc in NA vs mentor npc in EU, mammon in NA vs mammon in EU, dimensional merchant was also different from what I saw and who knows what else I didn't get to check.

At the 14th point, both npc's and quests are the same in both regions.

CM Fragola likes this.
  10. GentlemanJim

GentlemanJim User

Good points, UgahBugah. You're right about the 14th point, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway, because I didn't realize it the first time I did those quests back on Freya. The same is true of 16 & 17. Note: I've changed the format a bit to separate out the lifehacks that are the same for NCWest and Core.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  11. MrOurk

MrOurk User

Remember that here you don't need to enchant your shirts up to +10 like in NCWest, you get a Shirt Exchange Stone and you can trade that + the shirt you want +8 and you will get one +10 from NPC Paddy in Fantasy Island.

12. GentlemanJim

GentlemanJim User

I didn't know that, MrOurk. I haven't tried the shirts yet. Where do you get that stone?

13. DIL

DIL Innova QA Innova Group

14. GentlemanJim

GentlemanJim User

Thank you!

15. St0ne

St0ne User

Before u actually do that check the ratio,as banks usually have very bad one.