1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

General guide for level 1-99

Discussion in 'Guides' started by UgahBugah, Jul 30, 2018.

1. UgahBugah

UgahBugah User

General guide for level 1-85

This is more of a general guide for all the new players, or players who have tried this game in the past and now they feel lost after returning. I was/am as well one of the returning players and I've seen some and new changes but others are the same as I remember them from the past. I won't go much into details about going from level 1 to 85, I'll point out more of the general direction.

[​IMG]

1. Character creation
    Hopefully it's not needed but here are some main lines. In case you didn't download the game yet, you can do it from here: https://eu.4game.com/lineage2/play/. When you're about to create a character you will see that you have two options, one is Balthus Knights which is available only for PA (premium account) users, the other path being Talking Island/Faeron. Blathus Knights paths allows you to create a level 85 character in quite a short time. If you're still uncertain with the classes in this game, here they are: Aeore (healer), Iss (buffer), Sigel (tank), Wynn (Summoner/DD, DD= damage dealer), Feoh (Wizard/DD), Yul (Archer/DD), Othell (Rogue/DD), Tyrr (Warrior/DD), and Ertheia classes Sayhas Seer (melee wizard) and Eviscerator (melee DD). Better check the link for better overview of the classes.

2. What to do next
    It is not mandatory but it's very much indicated to get in a clan and have a mentor. For a clan, press N or General menu -> Clan Entry. With a high level clan you can get a nice boost in stats and exp and that will help you with leveling up. Getting an active mentor, which means one that is online while you're online, will give you increased exp and buffs. It's not necessarily to have one active but it's nice. You can get free buffs from Adventurers Guide in every town, up to level 94. Teleports are free up to level 94, use the gatekeeper to teleport to different towns and ask for a mentor. I'd suggest going to Town of Gludio -> Town of Aden to search for one. If you don't have a premium account you're not able to use the general chat until level 40 so I suggest you to use a selling shop with one of the useless items you got in your inventory, General menu -> Private Store, Sell in private store, or Actions (C) -> Private store sell (/vendor), and put a title to your shop, that you need a mentor. Anyone awakened (85+) can be a mentor. You'll stop being a mentee after you awaken, when you complete your 4th class available at level 85. After awakening you'll get a mentee certificate that can be turned into 40 diplomas at Mentor Guide in any town, and you can buy gear or shots (preferable) with those.

2. Level 1 to 20
    From level 1 follow the quest line around Talking island, or do it in Faeron and Gludin if you're an Ertheia. Around level 18 you'll get your first class transfer, only available for non Ertheia characters. It's important to do it because you'll get free D-grade equipment which help up to level 40.

3. Level 20 to 40
    From level 20 to 40 you will follow your quest line around Gludio, or around Gludin and Dion as Ertheia. It is very possible at some point to not get the question mark help menu, the one in the bottom right corner. That means you have to kill more mobs until you level up and get back to the quest line. This shouldn't happen if you have PA or active mentor. At level 38 there is the next class transfer, and this one for Ertheia. It is important to do it because you will get C-grade equipment, usable after level 40.

4. From level 40
    After you finished your class transfer speak again with the same npc and get the quest available. It will start a series quests, or letters, from level 40 to 81. First one is Kekropus Letter at level 40-45, A Clue Completed at level 46-51, A Suspicious Badge at 52-57, Decoding the Badge at 58-60, A Hidden Meaning at 61-64, The Forest of the Dead at 65-69 as any mystic class or The Swamp of Screams as any warrior class, With Wisdom (mystic) or With Courage (warrior) at 70-75, Belos' Whereabouts (mystic) or Kampf's Whereabouts (warrior) at 76-80, and the last one The Dragon's Transition at 81-84. Note that Ertheia have a similar kind of quests chain starting with Cruma Tower, Part 1 at level 40. Also note that going over the level mentioned won't let you grab the quest.

5. Pailaka, Paulina's equipment and other quests
    Pailaka are a series of short instances with some decent rewards. The first one is Pailaka - Song of Ice and Fire available from level 49 to 55 in Oren, with a C-grade weapon as reward of your choice. Start it around 51 when you might need some extra exp. Second one is Pailaka - Devil's Legacy available at 61-67 in Giran. The third one is Pailaka - Injured Dragon at 73-77 just outside of Goddard town. It indicated to start them when you need exp for the next letter but if you are higher than the level indicated you can't enter anymore. However, if that happens, you can do them on a future subclass.

Paulina's equipment. Don't forget to take the quest from Novain in Forsaken Plains. Care, as if you're higher than level 61 you can't take the quest anymore. This A-grade equipment will last you up to level 76. At 76 when you get notified to do your 3rd class transfer quest (Day of Destiny: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Dark Elf, Kamael, Orc, Ertheia), you'll be rewarded with S-grade equipment and it will last you up to level 85 or higher.

Other things to do for missing exp:
    Tower of Insolence. At level 48+ you can do Intended Tactic, a daily quest to earn Token of Insolence Tower, used to buy bracelet, shirt, ring, belt and so on. It's more useful for the exp gained, for when you're missing exp.

Kamaloka (Hall of the Abyss). You can duo this instance from level 23 to 73. It was used a lot in the past but today the exp gained is very small. Still something to do if you want to experience new things or to gain missing exp.

Raid bosses. If you found any raid boss on the map, create a recruiting party (Gneral Menu -> Party, or Alt+Shift+P), grab some friends and start smacking raid bosses. Note that Hellmann raid boss only spawns at midnight in the game, basically every 4 hours in the real world since one game hour is 10 minutes in real life. Make sure you're not 9 level above the raid boss level or you'll get cursed, also that the difference between highest and lowest party members is not higher than 5.

At level 80 you might miss some exp to get to level 81 for the next letter.
    There is a series of quests in Imperial Tomb (That Place Succubus, Succubus Disciples, Bloody Good Time). Note that some of the big mobs or the boss might one shot you if you don't go behind it. They have a slow cast so you have a second or two to do that.

At level 80 you can do two quests in Schuttgart town, more exactly in Mithril Mine. Grab first quest Lucien's Altar from Schuttgart town, teleport to Mithril Mines, teleport to the center and grab the second quest Grave Robber Rescue. These two quests are dailies and gives you over 1.1mil adena. Some players recommend to do them every day as a new player, as it takes you around 10 minutes of running after level 85 because of the free class horse, and only have to do is run around. Google or youtube the Mithril Mines quests, you can find the easiest route to do it.

If you're still missing exp and you didn't get to 85 yet, you can go an solo some of the mobs in Altar of Evil, teleport from Gludio -> Dark Elf village, Bloody Swampland. Not every class can solo these mobs, they are quite hard for non awakened characters but decent for any range DD.

At level 79 you can do Seven Signs series of quests but I do not recommend them. I did it twice in the past and it was a bit frustrating.

At 82 there is a quest series from Heine gatekeeper but it's mostly for magic classes.

This is just the very basic of Lineage 2. For level 85-99 refer to this guide.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    GentlemanJim and Palkah like this.
  2. andrius3022

andrius3022 User

2000 symbols? more like 20000 :)
    But good job

UgahBugah likes this.
  3. Palkah

Palkah User

Very good job :) If I didn't have to worry about 2000 symbols I'd write a book but well O_O

UgahBugah likes this.
  4. 21Sav

21Sav User

You need to trim down some 1.6k words and you are the winner.
    Imo delete most of the 1-85 stuff. The games leads you anyway. Just maybe keep the off-path quests for a Adena 80+.
    Cuz your guide is nice and you will lose on a stupid technicality.

UgahBugah likes this.
  5. UgahBugah

UgahBugah User

Tbh I didn't know all the things and link I wrote will lead to this. While some things are good, this is not what I expected. For example I wrote things like Epic Octavis, Epic Istina because the terms are more familiar and linked the one time quest behind. I even wrote Nightmare Kamaloka and put the link but instead I got to see Infinite Depths after I posted, that is not a familiar term around here. I had some general lines from what I could remember but everything I wrote it in one go with no correction, then I left, so I'll try to do some correcting if is still possible.

What is the 1.6k words thing? Never mind I remembered 2k words is maximum allowed. I'll try and split into 1-85 and 85-99 as advised. Thanks!

6. UgahBugah

UgahBugah User

Double post but can I get the title renamed from 1-99 to 1-85, pretty please?