1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Is it worth it to come back to l2?

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Defjam1122, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Defjam1122

Defjam1122 User

Hello, I know this question has been asked a 100 times, but is it worth it or even possible to start lineage 2 now in 2018? I enjoy pve with some casual pvp but i don t really care so much about top clans and top players. I know that it is a must to invest some money now at days to be at least close to enjoying the game, i could probably spend 20-50 euros per month.. I already have a feoh lv88 but i crystilized my armor set so i guess that i would be easier and faster to just level up a new character and get new gear on it. Is there any newbie equipment help to make it easier up to lvl 85? Anything else i should know before starting? all tips and advices wellcome, thanks.

2. xLeax

xLeax User

If u wanna enjoy the game on low budget, make either Healer or Iss, for DD u need way more then ur 20-50€ per month, even for pve
    There are some "packs" in l2 store which are kinda cheap and for new ppl, they include weapons and some other items, u can check them out on the main page "something better for the new" or w/e its called
    Otherwise then that, gl :) and welcome to core

3. Defjam1122

Defjam1122 User

I don't enjoy playing any support, but i couldn't say that i ever gave it a good try really.. If I stick to dd.. how much bigger the monthly investment would be? I could actually afford to spend way more but is it "smart" to spend so much on a single game?

4. xLeax

xLeax User

I could lie to u and say u can farm anything u need, but i prefer be honest to u

Now a days if u want to have atleast a bit of fun in pve ( beeing halfway proper DD ) u need

+10 pve Weapon = 20 Bil
    +8 PVE Armor = 15? Bil
    atleast 2 Damage Rings = 2-3 Bil
    lvl 4 Brooches = 20 bil ( for 5 of them)
    Talisman maybe 5-10 bil ( if u go cheap)
    Dyes = 2 Bil

All in all around 60-80 Bil becouse im sure i forgot something in that little list, and with the above u will be no where close to be a good dd even in pve, its barely enough to be acepted into most pve partys
    Current l2 Store Prices are like 8-10€ per bil , so ur looking at 6-800€ and get what i wrote above, means if u spend 50€ per month u will need to spend 16 months to get there ( in meantime new items arive on market, and the list start from new )

This is not to discourage u or anything, its just the plain truth !
    Thats why i suggested a support, an Iss can run long time with cheap gear in pve for example .

Anyway GL !

Hax likes this.
  5. SK111

SK111 Banned

Personally I think that € 50 per month it's the minimum investment.
    I don't want to lie. You will have to pay for a PA (€ 9) and you will have € 41 per month to purchase things (jewels ? tarots ?) in the l2store and then sell them for adena.
    It's doable and you can start to really enjoy the game in 4-6 months (16 it's too much for everyone).
    I was thinking about starting a new journey when the orfen patch will be live but i don't know if i will do it for real or not now that Fragola is out.

It has to be said that this kind of things can be done only if you have a constant party or cp.
    It's just a waste of money spending € 50 per month (and there are several brand new games that are incoming on september, october and november 2018, and all of them are worth € 49 in pre-release) if you have to wait 8 to 10 hours to do a single daily quest.

Imho it's not a matter of money invested because atm the real problem it's to find another 6 ppl who wants to start with you (same lvl gear).
    Obviously with € 50 per month invested in l2 you won't be anywhere near to do oly or sieges and fully enjoy both of them.
    € 50 per month it's just to pve for fun.

6. St0ne

St0ne User

Buying PA itself provides all what U need at pve.
    Dont listeing to them.
    Unless:
    U wanna to have ALL itemz/lvl after 6months of playing a GRINDING game.
    Also rember that this game starts after u hit 100lv.
    Until that time comes u can easly rely on PA only.

7. xLeax

xLeax User

ok listen to St0ne, roll a DD with a budget of 40-50€ per month and do like all do, quit after 3 - 4 months if u get denied in all xp partys after lvl 100 xD

golemka likes this.
  8. mYzor

mYzor User

It depends on your expectations.

If you expect a good PvE game, this is not it. PvE content is balanced around what the L2Store has to offer. If you dont use the L2Store "enough", you will fall behind and be left behind.
    If you expect a good PvP game, this is not it. PvP content is balanced around.. God knows what. If you dont use the L2Store "enough", you will get destroyed without much effort.
    If you expect Lineage 2 in 2018 to be a game, this is not it. Its a service.

Thats not saying you cant play it or even have fun. It all depends on your expectations.

9. Defjam1122

Defjam1122 User

Thank you all for the answers. So basically I decided to ignore everything and created an othell GH lv 85 with PA. Is there any guide about the skills to use and how to play it? My knowleadge about l2 is based on interlude times and not even then i was too good, and now everything seems to be complicated and a bit overhelming after such a long time ( or maybe it is just my IQ :D )
    Btw, I got the r grade items for 30 days but i am thinking maybe its better to stick to dynasty for a few levels and save r grade for later, what do u guys think?

10. mYzor

mYzor User

You can use Paulina dynasty until, probably, 95. Its a wise move to save that temporary tw.
    Bear in mind that party kartias is probably rough on Paulina dynasty, but for the rest its fine. Save what you can, when you can.
    If you played dagger in interlude, its not that much different. Play around with it, discover new things, have fun with it :D Thats what games are for.

11. iSTOMPquakez

iSTOMPquakez User

Without any reason to doubt, ITS A NO!

12. GentlemanJim

GentlemanJim User

Go for it! I just started here myself after spending years on the NCWest servers. I do spend a bit too much money, but you don't need to in order to have fun. You mentioned in the beginning that you're not too concerned about playing at the very top levels. The game itself is still fun if you just relax and enjoy it. The new update may (or may not) help with the gear/adena issue. It is reported to include several areas with poor experience but better drops. Maybe you will be able to make some good adena farming there if you enjoy the grind. Good luck and welcome.

P.S. Talk to Penny and Herphah in Aden to get started.

13. SK111

SK111 Banned

Those are the only real things you have to consider.
    Obviously if you go for random parties you will be kicked from every single 100+ instance so wasted money.
    The only way to avoid this it's to have a cp.
    The problem is prices in here are still too high to get newbies.
    If you have a cp or you manage to get into one starting from scratch np at all

To Gentleman yeah i know the feeling. When i came here the first time i saw i needed 1/100 of what i've spent on ncwest to do a gludio quest i tought "it can't be lets spend more to be sure 100% of not beeing kicked"

14. Robby

Robby User

Simple tip, make the party yourself, just make sure you find rest of ppl strong enough to carry u. Ask dds to link wep etc..