1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

New player, don't understand how to grind.

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by PayneZ, Aug 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. PayneZ

PayneZ User

I heard complaints but had no idea it was this bad. It's a shame because i wanted to play L2 until Project TL comes out. If this is what NC Soft has became then i lost all hope for Project TL. Project TL (Lineage 3) comes in 2019 and looks like the love child of Lineage 2 and Mu Online, my top most nostalgic games. Now i fear that it doesn't matter how perfect Lineage 3 will be, if NC Soft decides to make it "grind with wallet" like they did with this game then i have nothing to wait for. :(

2. Hax

Hax User

you should go l2 eu classic.Thats what u r looking for

3. GentlemanJim

GentlemanJim User

PayneZ, I agree you should go to Classic. But I'm a bit confused. You have to grind to do the daily quests. What's wrong with getting most of the reward when you finish the quest, rather than from drops as you are grinding? How does that fundamentally change your game play? Think back to the early days in the starter villages. Even there you did quests that rewarded you for your grinding. As you developed, there were daily quests, kamalocas, one-time quests and raid bosses. None of that has changed in any significant way. It is only if, for reasons that completely escape me, you refuse to do the quests, that you will have trouble making ends meet grinding, at least until the higher levels. That is a change, and one most of us strongly dislike. But why would you refuse to do the quests? Anyway, it sounds like you'll just get frustrated trying to play the game the way it is now. Sorry we can't be more encouraging. Hope Classic works out better for you.

4. PayneZ

PayneZ User

Because quests are handholding. You don't play the game, the game plays you. Game becomes a walking from NPC to NPC simulator. MMO's used to be about fighting for grind spots. An open sandbox where you can do everything you want, farm your favorite spots for adena and loot. When quests overshadow regular grinding, game becomes a singleplayer where everybody is doing their own thing. Also quests have no replayability, if you start new characters doing the same quests becomes a chore. I used to love Lineage 2 because once you left the noob village at lvl 1 the world was a sandbox, you could go in any direction you want, farm the place you want, gather the loot you want.

Also regarding L2 Classic. I would play that because it still has what i seek. But it has a subscription based of 10€ per month. I would be totally fine paying that but i played enough private servers to know what it's missing. Back in 2008 i loved farming ancient adena in Catacombs and Necropolises. I loves places like Field of Whispers, Garden of Eva etc that are missing from L2 Classic. I don't understand why they had to remove so much crucial content just for a non "pay2win" version of the game. I would happily pay 10€/month if it had the full content of L2 Core without the pay2win part. Or at least just the catacombs and necropolises if nothing more.

It's weird that they ask me to pay 10€/month for less content than i had 10 years ago.

5. Palkah

Palkah User

Actually there are some upgrades from the newer version, but the idea is (in my opinion) that you don't have everything available at start cause tap dogz would outgear everybody for years to come (like on Core), instead you get stuff introduced from time to time, where top dogs get it day 1, other people after some more time, and they have time to play around with that content for a while until something new gets introduced.

6. GentlemanJim

GentlemanJim User

Most of the quests today are grinding quests anyway. Grind and kill so many mobs or bring back so many items obtained by killing the mobs. But, returning to your question one more time, then I've helped all I can -- I don't know of any areas below level 85 that pay for the shots it takes to farm them unless you are very lucky with fortune pockets. However, at level 85, Harnak's will pay for itself even if you don't take the quest. At level 90, go to the garden of genesis, where mobs drop tons of materials and adena, but experience is terrible. Supposedly, they are adding more such areas at higher levels with the update going live tomorrow. But, unless you are willing to do the grind quests, the "open sandbox" (where you can go practically anywhere and make adena) is long gone.

7. Hax

Hax User

it has a lot of new/different content and quality of life changes from.newer chronicles. Also it continously gets new stuff. It is not the same game as before, but it is similiar, maybe more balanced. I am just giving you a good advice:

Current core you cannot pvp without at least couple thousand euro worth l2store.

on l2classic you essentially need that as well to be on top but if you wanna just participate in pvp and play and enjoy the game, it is much easier there in terms of wallet. As others said: it might be subscription based but so is core: PA costs 8.99 EUR per month, without PA dont even think of starting. It is all a fantasy )

8. St0ne

St0ne User

With new updates u can grind now.
    Less crying moar action sir.
    If u aim to beat a pple in pvp ,who were playing here over 6 years, ure in a wrong game ;)

9. PayneZ

PayneZ User

I did not came here to beat ppl playing for 6 years. I don't care for competition or P2W mechanics, i was here just for gameplay.

And gameplay for me in L2 was party up with friends, grind a good spot for loot, slowly build your character with new gear andvancing to grind more interesting zones.

I started playing this game with a friend from lvl 1, we both got carried by god-mode buffs and quest after quest up to lvl 62 giving us unearned A grade set. Then we decided to take a break from the quests, actually enjoy the game the nostalgic old school way by farming a favorite nostalgic spot like Tower of Insolence together. We realized mobs only dropped 60 adena and potions, 8 times less then our cost of SS-shots.

My friend realized the game makes you grind with your wallet and quit. I searched info to see if it gets better but game changed so much the info is unreliable. That's why i made this post, to ask questions if it gets better. Yet things are stil too vague, all i learned so far is that you will always spend more adena on SS-shots than you get from drop, and that i should suk it up bebause there is a single map at 100+ that drops decent adena without giving any xp. So my conclusion game doesn't get any better, i came here to play the whole game from lvl 1 to 105 not 1 map at lvl 100. Every other area in the game makes you grind with your wallet which is not grinding. It's basically a mobile game that plays itself and asks you for money.

People need to feel that their efforts are being rewarded by playing the game not spending cash on L2 Store.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  10. Cordana

Cordana User

But you know that 62 lv now is like maybe 20 years ago ? i perfectly remeber that at Gracia Part 1 when i tried Franz i kills mobs without shots and dont use teleports becouse mobs dont give you adena to do this

11. Hax

Hax User

because you are not supposed to play at lvl62 and A grade is not A grade anymore. the same as you dont have a 1 m sized cellphone but a small flat smartphone.
    Get done to 85+ and you can start "playing".
    As we said: If you want to start from lvl1, play classic.
    if you dont want to, quit.

12. darkm

darkm User

You must forgot all that you learned on old chronicles, the game start at lvl 85, from lvl 1 to 85 is only a tutorial nowdays to learn how to play and how to make quest, you really dont need adena at low lvl if you make the quest step by step, this quest wil give you all that you need to lvl up to 85, when you wil arrive to lvl 85 is when the game start.

Spots to farm, exist yet, not so much as in oldest chronicles, but exist anyway, harnka, fairys (on magmeld), garden of genesis, pavels ruins, all this areas from lvl 85 to lvl 94 give a goob amount of profile in adena and mats, ofc if you have best gear you will get better profile.

The daily quest wil give you an extra adena incoming, and a goob amount of aditional exp. Ofc that you can to get your gear without donate, i got mine without it, but its slowly, and you need to make a lot of instances and quests.

Ofc always exist the fast and easy way, donate € and you will get gear and lvl in less that 1 month.

13. mYzor

mYzor User

What the game didnt tell you is that its level 1 is at level 85. This may sound stupid but, not only players swallow this bs, NCSoft makes money out of it.

Except they dont.
    If that was the case, any game with a p2w ingame store would fail at day 3. Gamers these days agree with EA: "The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking (aka buying) different heroes."

14. GentlemanJim

GentlemanJim User

PayneZ, at least tell the truth. You learned that the game begins at 85, you can grind profitably in Harnak's at level 85, very profitably at Garden of Genesis at 90 and, I'll add, in the fairy areas at 90 and the areas around Kamael Village at 93. Honestly, I'm beginning to think you just want to complain more than you want to find solutions.

15. 21Sav

21Sav User

Ofcourese he just wait to complain. He says "quests are too easy" well go and play other areas where you don't have quest. You have 3 quests you need to make the rest you can grind out.

16. UgahBugah

UgahBugah User

You can tell him that it's profitable after 85 but in reality, no. I did start a few months ago, after a pause that lasted many years. Grinding 85-100 seems to be better but in essence is the same thing. There are a few places where adena drops more than spent by grinding, in some places it's quite decent, but that's about it. You won't get rich by doing and if you don't want to progress in any way, you're stuck there. After a month or so I managed to get r-grade gear, armor and a weapon, but if you're thinking of buying something that is really needed for 100+, you won't have adena even if you grind for years. What they don't tell you is that at 100 you barely do any damage to mobs and most mobs 2 shot you. You need very good gear to play 100+ content and that's not even remotely achievable by grinding your way to 100. There are some things you can do if all you want is adena, like zaken and freya farm on many level 85 characters, then instances like balok, octavis, istina at 97+, dimensional gap at 95 and what else I might forgot right now. You can buy equipment to play 85-99 content with the adena from dailies, one time quests and other things but after that, forget about it or you need a really long time.

17. GentlemanJim

GentlemanJim User

UgahBugah, you are right, of course, but he's not concerned about that. He keeps saying he just wants to grind with friends and needs to know where there are places that the drops pay for his soulshots. Starting at 85, there are lots of places he can do that, especially if he is flexible enough to at least do the grinding quests since he's grinding anyway (yeah, I know, he doesn't want to do them, but it's not a big ask if he's grinding anyway). Nearly every area after 85 pays for your shots. They won't make you rich enough to compete at the higher levels, but that wasn't his question.

18. BoscoMagico

BoscoMagico User

I can simple say for you. If you CAN invested around atleast 3k eu if you wana by dd then you can start to play if not then just log off from this forum and forget about that.Have nice evening

19. kluader

kluader User

Where is the store to buy stuff for euros?

20. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

My friend it's not that easy, you have to gamble in order to maybe get something good but you'll mostly get trash. GL!