1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Offline shops

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by kluader, Aug 31, 2018.

1. kluader

kluader User

Hi. If we log out my shop, will it vanish? Thank you in advance.

2. xLeax

xLeax User

Yes, they still refuse here to bring that feature , even tho it would be great to have Offline shops it dont work here sadly

3. kluader

kluader User

Thank you. Could a member from the staff answer why? Thanks.

4. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Global moderator

Offline shop is a feature from private server. We don't have it here.

5. zauliuz

zauliuz User

AH need 1 improvement - sell "package" of few items.

6. Palkah

Palkah User

We dont have it because that would require severe re-coding of some server features, and when Koreans hear the words "work" or "severe" they tend to disappear or so I heard. Fun fact: people claimed for years that it's not possible to have this feature on OFF files, until a certain group of coders took apart leaked H5 server files, decompiled them, rewrote few things, and made it work. Koreans don't care. THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION: And I dont see a reason for Innova to care too. I mean, if you have a main toon, a box, and also need a shop toon, there's a chance you'll buy 2 premiums instead of 1. END OF MY PERSONAL OPINION.

7. kluader

kluader User

It would be very nice if this feature would be added. Why not implementing safe selling areas and or borders around all npc's where it is impossible to set up shops? It is a very easy fix.

8. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Global moderator

Ask to the Korean team, they have the power to change the game content or to approve any request. Innova has the license to run the game, not to edit it.

9. TranpeGG

TranpeGG User

Innova must save this game, because Koreans are incompetent and don't care anymore. Russians should let it dip even more, buy it at a good price and then make the necessary changes on both p2p classic and p2w standard l2.

xa0xa0xa0 likes this.
  10. mYzor

mYzor User

No it doesnt. If this game was worth saving, NCSoft would have done it already, instead of creating Goddess of Destruction.
    No they are not..
    I would argue the opposite. NCSoft is still giving orders to their developers to make new store content that people are still happy enough to buy.

Instead of asking for an offline shop, why dont people ask for more slots in the Auction House? That and what zauliuz said with a package sell (selling an armor set as a "bundle" for example) would mostly solve any issue.

11. Palkah

Palkah User

Yes they are, part of the NCSoft developers quit and created Archeage, which was by far the most hackable MMO out there, with duplicating store funds and ways to guarantee which item you will get from a random store pack. Nice CV

No it would not, you also need an option to put X items in a bundle on AH while players could buy any amount from that bundle, not all of it.

12. UgahBugah

UgahBugah User

The developers that quit the company took and further created Tera, which was supposed to be the next Lineage (something something). What I know about Archeage is that its creator was also the creator of the first Lineage, the one from 1998. From that time I didn't read about anyone quitting. They just move their developers to new and shiny NC games they develop. You can see that Aion developer team is also dried up. People have been spotted similarities between games (like this one) which means on their older games they have developers that probably work partially on these older projects (Lineage 2, Aion) and they focus mostly on the new games.

Bers Ser likes this.
  13. mYzor

mYzor User

Good for them?
    As far as i know, NCSoft is still the one in charge (lineage 2 wise) and i dont believe they have a hippy workplace environment over there where everyone does whatever the hell they feel like doing.
    And since NCSoft is still alive and going as a company, i'd wager that the people in charge know what they're doing.

People generalizing stuff because they are not on the good side of the deal .. feels off.

Then, all people should do is to compile all these sugestions/improvements and put it on the Feedback part of the forum. Im sure both Innova and NCSoft would be more than happy to recieve sugestions on how to improve this masterpiece of a game.

PS: Before people go all out in outrage, that last sentence was made of 100% pure sarcasm.
    You can count on the fingers of one hand the time NCSoft gave a rats a.. about what players want, specifically players of this side of the world.
    This is the game we have, it will never get better. Deal with it.

14. St0ne

St0ne User

Not correct.
    Devs actually listein on KR severs.
    A lot chanhes were sugested by players and implemented.

15. mYzor

mYzor User

We are probably not talking about the same servers then.
    Talking about post GoD. At their home servers, at one point, developers disappeared from the face of the earth due to players "unhappiness". They didnt post or ask for changes since all they'd get was an angry mob.
    And considering it seems some sieges there are emptier then ours, i guess they the developers are still "hidden".
    If they did listen it was either not enough or they listened too much, because lets face it, most of us (in general, not only gamers) may believe we know what we want but at the end of the day, we know..

PS: Zero hate on the developers from me (plenty in the past). Developers are workers that get bossed around. Developers most likely dont have the power to steer the game. Especially on a company like NCSoft and where they are based.

16. UgahBugah

UgahBugah User

They don't really listen to their customers. I was following the news of another game this year and I saw these:

https://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/104938
    signed by 3579 people on 19/02/2018
    Google tranaslate
    and another one specifically for Aion
    https://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/104894
    signed by 2021 people on 19/02/2018
    Google translate
    I didn't search for a similar one for Lineage specifically but I suppose it's something similar.

17. St0ne

St0ne User

I'm talking about past not current situation where L2 isnt developed as supposed to be anymore.
    For NCsoft it isnt a good profit anymore,so they just do a very little .
    Mostly focusing on l2store.

18. mYzor

mYzor User

It makes no sense for them to waste development man power and time (= money) on games such as Lineage 2 when they can reap much greater rewards from mobile games for less money invested.
    And its not just Lineage 2. Most "big" games under NCSoft are suffering the same way L2 is, and they will all end up at the same place.

Take look, for example, at a mobile game earnings: Pokemon Go
    (article from vg247)

Can we blame game makers from trying to get all this money?
    I wonder when will people stop with the "evil game makers" bs and start owning the fact that they are the biggest part of the problem..

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  19. Palkah

Palkah User

There would be much more players, some of them spending money, if this game was player-friendly.

20. mYzor

mYzor User

Yep. But how would one convince the suits at any big game producer of that? Are there numbers out there that show that out of X amount of players Y will spend Z amount of money and so on?
    If seems to me that those suits are not interested and happy customers. They are interested in heavy spenders.
    Else we would see more games going the way of The Witcher 3 or Dad of Boy (god of war) and so on. Yet, what we game are pseudo games with "micro" transactions that deliver instant gratification and pride and accomplishment.
    Why? People want that. And even those that dont, kinda want it aswell. They just say they dont because, more often than not, people dont like those p2w mechanics simply because they can afford it and not because they ruin what gaming should ultimatly be: Enjoying games.