1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. event event event

Experiment 178 Faint

Discussion in 'Experimentarium' started by Palkah, Nov 6, 2018.

  1. Palkah

    Palkah User

    Joined:
    25.08.15
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    294
    [​IMG]

    Goal: to understand how Feoh Storm Screamer’s Faint effect works, and what items or buffs affect it.

    During the experiment, a Feoh Storm Screamer 110 was attempting to land Faint https://l2wiki.com/Elemental_Burst_-_Feoh_Storm_Screamer on an Aeore Cardinal 110 with different gear and buff setups. Each setup was tested with 500 hits. Characters had no passive skills. The results can be seen below:
    [​IMG]

    Disclaimer: debuff attempt reflected back to attacker was counted as “resisted”.

    Conclusions
    Faint is a new debuff effect, totally separate from the old ones (mental, stun, paralyze, root).

    Effects that affect Faint:


    Effects that don’t matter:
    • Physical Debuff Resistance
    • Physical Debuff Reflect
    • M. Atk/M. Def
    • MEN
    • other old resistances (Mental, Paralyze, Stun etc.)
     
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Hax and SnoWyz like this.
  2. Takanodan

    Takanodan User

    Joined:
    22.08.13
    Messages:
    823
    Likes Received:
    330
    So if the defender has angel ring +9, he takes more faint? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

    Can you add also 10% from AP knight to see if it's 1/3 of garnet? The stone from wynn human also, if possible.

    Can you test with other weapons? I know buster has m. accuracy, dunno if it changes land rate of this.
     
  3. Palkah

    Palkah User

    Joined:
    25.08.15
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    294
    Good catch, wrong cell, the ring was on attacker, fixed.

    10% AP is exactly the same effect name in game files as Garnet/Iss resist buff/ light armor set +6 so it's going to work. I had no idea that Wynn's stone gives debuff resistance, does it? https://l2wiki.com/Summon_Protection_Stone_-_Wynn_Arcana_Lord Description isn't really helpful. But if the buff it gives says "Debuff Resistance" anywhere, then it's the same effect and works.

    EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    yup it works. Koreans are very careful around debuff effect names, the only stat that is messed up in terms of it's name is Damage Reduction/PvP Damage Reduction/PvP Skill Damage Resistance/PvP M. Skill Damage Resistance because half of the effects count towards 1 cap, half towards other, and I can't experiment with that sadly.

    Caster has M.Accuracy after +4 also, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter since that would mean Prevision gives a lot of resistance, and from experience I know it doesn't. Might actually see M. Accuracy effect on debuffs in general, after I'm out of ideas.
     
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Hax likes this.
  4. YoloWhatEver

    YoloWhatEver User

    Joined:
    22.12.16
    Messages:
    75
    Likes Received:
    18
    That kind of make your entire test wrong. You should have simply ignored the reflected debuffs as I believe they are an entirly different thing.
    Anyway, since you mixed both debuff resist and debuff reflect, where is cateye 6?
     
  5. Palkah

    Palkah User

    Joined:
    25.08.15
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    294
    They are an entirely different thing but the end user cares about one problem: if a Feoh casts Faint on me, will I be debuffed? What effects help me get debuffed less? In case of this test the point was to prove that Magical Debuff Reflect helps against Faint (reflects it) while for example the physical doesn't. I didnt test each possible item, I just tested effect types: Debuff Resist, Magical Debuff Reflect, and so on. If one item with "Debuff Resistance" works, all of them do. If one doesn't, all of them are useless. In case of Greater Cat's Eye, it reflects both physical and magical debuffs, so it will help against Faint (which, as proven, is a magical debuff)
     
  6. andrius3022

    andrius3022 User

    Joined:
    07.07.14
    Messages:
    577
    Likes Received:
    234
    But I am wondering if there is any debuff resist cap?
    In my case, I am phoenix knight with tons of resists from items/class skills and I am wondering if there is a point to aim for more if I have 103-140% debuff resist + specific resists from epic jewels/buffs and passives.
    Ofc I understand it gets cancelled by bonuses on specific debuff attacks from opponents, but still I am wondering if there is a cap of debuff resistance.
     
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  7. Palkah

    Palkah User

    Joined:
    25.08.15
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    294
    You do not have these values.

    If you have 30% Debuff Resist, the chance to land a debuff on you (excluding extra effects like mental attack) is [base landrate]*0.7. If you have two items, 30% and 40%, it's [base landrate]*0.7*0.6=[base landrate]*0.42 meaning u can never have 100% resist, only close to it. Problem comes when you have like a total of ~90% (after multiplication) so enemies get 10% of their base landrate on you. At that moment even if you add another item for 30%, it will only decrease the base landrate to 7%, so much less than earlier. In the experiment you can see that with some of the effects I reached 35% landrate, and even then adding more and more items reduced it to like 30% (with statistical error it could be even 25%), so not much for a high cost.
     
  8. zauliuz

    zauliuz User

    Joined:
    26.03.14
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    396
    before freya you can get like 110+% debuff resists. and later that system was changed. imagine glad with +5 con, moirai mw heavy set. tezza zaken and anthy (when they had only stun ressist bonuses). gl to land stun on him.
     
  9. andrius3022

    andrius3022 User

    Joined:
    07.07.14
    Messages:
    577
    Likes Received:
    234
    yes but that does not explain why 1 jewel can make difference: if you have it you get 1/20 stuns but if you don't have it you will get 18/20. F.egz Queen Ant and Tauti. If you replace them with each other.
     
  10. zauliuz

    zauliuz User

    Joined:
    26.03.14
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    396
    aq have stun resist. tauti only para/binding/banishment
     
  11. Palkah

    Palkah User

    Joined:
    25.08.15
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    294
    1. 20 attempts are nothing, I had a situation where landrate was 50% and I had 12 lands in a row extremely often, 500 is a minimum
    2. I've still noticed that what you say is partially true, but there's almost no sensible way to design an experiment which would tell how all these effects work (get a formula). That's because for low values (~25%) of landrate, 500 attempts give statistical error of +-5% so it's already 20-30%. To get that down to +-1% (so 24-26%) you'd need 10k attempts, and I'm pretty sure it's faster to just fly a plane to South Korea, hire a detective to find one of NCSoft's programmers, and just get the info out of him xD
     
  12. llllllllllllI

    llllllllllllI User

    Joined:
    15.03.19
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello, since you took in consideration and the chance to reflect the faint on attacker, i think you should also test and the mental resistance/success that affects the updraft destruction debuff land rate that will then allow the feoh to cast elemental burst which gives the faint status. If you resist the updraft destruction debuff result is the same: you will not give the chance to feoh to even attempt to faint you, so it must count as if it casted and you resisted,same way with reflect chance.So i think mental resist and high men status will help you even more on top of the faint resist jewels.If feoh had a skill that gives faint status and could be casted all the time,same way tyrrs/othels with stun, i would aggree that mental success/resist is completely irrelevant with faint,but now those status are connected,higher mental attack success will lead to higher chance to attempt cast faint on target and the opposite with resist
     
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 1:54 PM