1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

InGame/Hardware macro and Penalties.

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by DefNotMits, Nov 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyon00

Eyon00 User

This guy wants to break records on number of bans lol.

2. Takanodan

Takanodan User

gotta love to hear what ppl that stay on forum 99% of the time and barely play this game have to say about the competitive scenario between top parties, and what most end-game players on both here and EU are doing

please post another 5 pages of useful info ;)

Kym Willer likes this.
  3. 21Sav

21Sav User

Forget the rest, tell us how you felt when avatar got your account banned with the thousands of euro in gear on it?

For the rest, you must be out of your mind if you think they will ban avatar and his cp, they account for most of the server revenue. And with servers population dropping daily they can't afford that.

Hax likes this.
  4. 21st_

21st_ User

how i got him banned using ingame marco explain me

5. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Global moderator

I'm temporarily closing this thread before it turns into a full fight between forum users. I've asked Innova staff to take a look at the thread.

6. Artchem

Artchem Community manager

Hello, @DefNotMits! Thank you for your question.

Let's find out, which macro players can use, and which macro can become a reason to lose a character.

In-game macros are allowed to be used to develop your character. You can use it, even if you are not at the computer. But, please pay attention that you do it at own risk, because if something bad happens with your character, while you are afk, GM won't be able to help you.
    Device macros (mouse or keyboard) are allowed to be used to develop a character too. But players must not leave their computer. It's prohibited, against rules. If GM checks a player and a player isn't at the computer, GM will block player's character.

That`s why i do really recommend you to be present at your pc all the time despite the type of macros you use for your character`s safety.

7. DefNotMits

DefNotMits User

@Artchem Thank you for your reply even if it took you a while. There's still some questions unanswered. How can a GM judge if a player is on PC or not? Can this mean of detection be 100% accurate to avoid false bans? How are the penalties scaling up? First time offender is 7 days as far as we can guess. What about second time? Is your account permanently suspended then?

8. Jintxa

Jintxa User

Thank you very much for your answer. Even so it is still unanswered to my previous question (which by the way I put it in a separate post when neo closed this post and I delete it) because some players are banned for 7 days and others permanently? because if it's the first time 7 days I think they should start returning characters that were banned for this reason permanently to the first ........

byktor likes this.
  9. randomflavor

randomflavor User

@Artchem so how can we report abuser of Device macros?To support or some other way?

10. 21st_

21st_ User

why there are ppl on atelia 24/7 with keyboard marco arent banned yet?

11. randomflavor

randomflavor User

cause no1 reports them like they others reported you. Fraps and report them so we see how will those ppl make 15b/day from now on.

12. Yslock

Yslock User

How will you able to check if someone is present at his cp?
    Kill him and the player refuses the res? Perhaps the player enjoys seeing his char dead on the ground
    Teleport him around and what if the player doesnt move his char? Perhaps the player enjoy watching his char being moved around

13. zauliuz

zauliuz User

or summon superbad, he will make him red... and you will see he's near pc or not ;)

Leckter and LuckyLuciano like this.
  14. Notic

Notic User

Please clarify before people start abusing your explanation.

Does the person have to be "at the computer" or "active ingame" while using key/mouse macro?

It is a word play, but this will be exploited and people already disputing it that you cannot prove that I was not "at computer" while completely afk ingame. Because I can watch movies all day "at computer" while l2 is completely unattended running/farming afk.

15. deetoox

deetoox User

so people can use 3rd party software if they are on PC ????

its very close line between device macros and 3rd party software

how you guys wanna verify that someone its on PC

game logs of actions doing by character no matter how he loop it ( in-game macros, device macros ,3rd party software ) its same

Frost can be bypassed

16. Notic

Notic User

You are free to bot as you wish as long as you are there when gm checks you.

It is very easy to check if someone is using ingame macro or other macro (hard/soft). And any other macro except ingame macro is banable if you do it afk from game.

17. Rnika

Rnika User

If im at PC, minimalizing game on keybard macro, and watching a youtube clip. And in that time GM will move me, or kill me or whatever you are checking. That means all is ok because im at PC. Just watching something diffrente, cmon for this is macro, to not watching at game. If i have to use macro and sit and watch my character, its the same as i cannot use macro.
    So how you verify someone is at pc or not?. Maye someone went to toilet? Or had to go to shop at corner ?

18. Notic

Notic User

Considering its impossible to check I would assume he meant afk from the game not away from computer. Otherwise there is no way to prove your physical presence which is just plain stupid lol

@Artchem we summon you

19. 21Sav

21Sav User

@Artchem @DIL so its permitted to use keyboard/mouse macro to switch attribute stances as feoh, in pvp in order to get the trigger ?
    Cuz this will be so unfair.

20. zauliuz

zauliuz User

idk how works those macros. maybe for some specific windows, but even then need "rename" those windows to avoid "missclicks", but if you switch active window for example to chrome opera or other browzer and macro starts spam f1-f12.. well. test yourself what happens..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.